New Gartner Supply Chain MBA Ranking

ezra

I just saw the 2014 Gartner graduate supply chain program ranking, which ostensibly ranks US MBA and other graduate programs that are strong in supply chain. Here's the full list:

1. Penn State
2. Michigan State
3. University of Tennessee
4. University of Michigan
5. Georgia Tech
6. ASU
7. Ohio State
8. Texas - Austin
9. MIT
9. Wisconsin
11. Rutgers
12. University of South Carolina
13. Syracuse
14. BYU
15. NCSU
16. Texas - Dallas
17. Northeastern
17. University of Kansas
19. University of Arkansas
20. Indiana University
21. University of Maryland
22. Marquette University
23. University of San Diego
24. Howard University
24. Texas Christian
24. University of Houston
24. University of North Texas

Keep in mind that this ranking lists universities, not business schools directly. But usually, if a university is strong in the field it often trickles down to the b-school and the MBA programs. And indeed, there seems to be a lot of common ground between Gartner's list and this, which ranks business schools that are strong for a career in supply chain:

http://find-mba.com/lists/top-business-school-by-speciality/top-business-schools-for-a-career-in-supply-chain-management

Wisconsin, Rutgers, MIT - Sloan, ASU - Carey, Penn State - Smeal would all be excellent choices.

I just saw the 2014 Gartner graduate supply chain program ranking, which ostensibly ranks US MBA and other graduate programs that are strong in supply chain. Here's the full list:

1. Penn State
2. Michigan State
3. University of Tennessee
4. University of Michigan
5. Georgia Tech
6. ASU
7. Ohio State
8. Texas - Austin
9. MIT
9. Wisconsin
11. Rutgers
12. University of South Carolina
13. Syracuse
14. BYU
15. NCSU
16. Texas - Dallas
17. Northeastern
17. University of Kansas
19. University of Arkansas
20. Indiana University
21. University of Maryland
22. Marquette University
23. University of San Diego
24. Howard University
24. Texas Christian
24. University of Houston
24. University of North Texas

Keep in mind that this ranking lists universities, not business schools directly. But usually, if a university is strong in the field it often trickles down to the b-school and the MBA programs. And indeed, there seems to be a lot of common ground between Gartner's list and this, which ranks business schools that are strong for a career in supply chain:

http://find-mba.com/lists/top-business-school-by-speciality/top-business-schools-for-a-career-in-supply-chain-management

Wisconsin, Rutgers, MIT - Sloan, ASU - Carey, Penn State - Smeal would all be excellent choices.
Inactive User

Thanks for the list! Seems like there are a lot of good programs in places like Texas and the mid west, but relatively few on the coasts. Strange.

Thanks for the list! Seems like there are a lot of good programs in places like Texas and the mid west, but relatively few on the coasts. Strange.

Hey, the MBAs in Texas - Austin, Dallas, TCU, North Texas... Which is the best, specifically for supply chain?

Hey, the MBAs in Texas - Austin, Dallas, TCU, North Texas... Which is the best, specifically for supply chain?
ezra

I suppose it depends on which industry you'd like to work in after graduation. For a supply chain role in consumer products, for instance, McCombs would probably be a good choice, while Neeley might be better for the manufacturing industry. Overall though, McCombs is probably the best bet of the bunch, based on the rankings if anything.

I suppose it depends on which industry you'd like to work in after graduation. For a supply chain role in consumer products, for instance, McCombs would probably be a good choice, while Neeley might be better for the manufacturing industry. Overall though, McCombs is probably the best bet of the bunch, based on the rankings if anything.

Alright, got it... Would you say that UT Knoxville a better choice than those Texas schools?

Alright, got it... Would you say that UT Knoxville a better choice than those Texas schools?
ezra

It depends on what industry and location you're targeting. I know that Knoxville actually places a lot of grads in the US southwest, in industries like consumer products and manufacturing. I would look at LinkedIn and see if the alumni network matches up with your career goals.

It depends on what industry and location you're targeting. I know that Knoxville actually places a lot of grads in the US southwest, in industries like consumer products and manufacturing. I would look at LinkedIn and see if the alumni network matches up with your career goals.

Ok I will do that sir thank you.

Ok I will do that sir thank you.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Fayetteville, Arkansas 4 Followers 12 Discussions
Tempe, Arizona 26 Followers 65 Discussions
Atlanta, Georgia 15 Followers 29 Discussions
Lawrence, Kansas 6 Followers 10 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 27 Followers 31 Discussions
Syracuse, New York 17 Followers 27 Discussions
Raleigh, North Carolina 18 Followers 25 Discussions
Knoxville, Tennessee 17 Followers 31 Discussions
Denton, Texas 12 Followers 9 Discussions
Fort Worth, Texas 4 Followers 6 Discussions
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2 Followers 3 Discussions
Madison, Wisconsin 21 Followers 46 Discussions
Columbia, South Carolina 11 Followers 30 Discussions
East Lansing, Michigan 20 Followers 58 Discussions
San Diego, California 55 Followers 28 Discussions
Washington, District of Columbia 9 Followers 12 Discussions
University Park, Pennsylvania 12 Followers 62 Discussions
Austin, Texas 47 Followers 77 Discussions
Houston, Texas 25 Followers 16 Discussions
Bloomington, Indiana 41 Followers 82 Discussions
Richardson, Texas 33 Followers 41 Discussions
Provo, Utah 22 Followers 40 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 53 Followers 175 Discussions
Columbus, Ohio 19 Followers 36 Discussions
College Park, Maryland 16 Followers 30 Discussions
Newark, New Jersey 62 Followers 74 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

Careers in Supply Chain for MBA Grads

Article Oct 18, 2018

A function in flux needs managers who can combine leadership with tech skills such as data analytics

Top Business Schools for Supply Chain Management

Top List

Effective supply chain management (SCM) practices have become essential to firms in many industries, particularly since globalization has widened the geographic distances between suppliers, manufacturers, and customers

Hot Discussions