University of Tampa or University of South Florida for MBA?

dbt1020

Hello friends. I would just like to say thank you in advance for helping me out with my decision. I got into University of Tampa and USF to get my MBA in Finance. I am not from the Florida area, so as far as reputation goes for these schools for job hiring after I get my MBA, I am rather confused. I have asked a couple of friends who live around the area and they asked the people who work in their human resource departments- the people who worked for the human resource departments said as far as hiring goes, neither school was favored and they were considered about equal. I really liked the University of Tampa's facilities and campus more than USF. Particularly their business school. But it is clear that USF is the bigger school with more alumni. But, I also like the fact that UT is located in the heart of the financial district of tampa. This seems to be advantageous to me. The problem is University of Tampa is much more expensive. The rankings claim that UT's MBA program is better than USF. But I am not sure. I think I am going to chose UT but I would love to hear some opinions on the matter. I would really appreciate it! Thank you for your time and help!

[Edited by dbt1020 on Dec 13, 2014]

Hello friends. I would just like to say thank you in advance for helping me out with my decision. I got into University of Tampa and USF to get my MBA in Finance. I am not from the Florida area, so as far as reputation goes for these schools for job hiring after I get my MBA, I am rather confused. I have asked a couple of friends who live around the area and they asked the people who work in their human resource departments- the people who worked for the human resource departments said as far as hiring goes, neither school was favored and they were considered about equal. I really liked the University of Tampa's facilities and campus more than USF. Particularly their business school. But it is clear that USF is the bigger school with more alumni. But, I also like the fact that UT is located in the heart of the financial district of tampa. This seems to be advantageous to me. The problem is University of Tampa is much more expensive. The rankings claim that UT's MBA program is better than USF. But I am not sure. I think I am going to chose UT but I would love to hear some opinions on the matter. I would really appreciate it! Thank you for your time and help!
Duncan

Try How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Try How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571
dbt1020

Would you mind offering your personal opinion to me Mr. Duncan? I appreciate your help sir. I'm torn between UT and USF. Would mean a lot to me!

[quote][/quote] Would you mind offering your personal opinion to me Mr. Duncan? I appreciate your help sir. I'm torn between UT and USF. Would mean a lot to me!
Duncan

If you need a personal response, you can read my profile page for information on how to hire me. However, I do think you can answer this yourself.

If you need a personal response, you can read my profile page for information on how to hire me. However, I do think you can answer this yourself.
dbt1020

Mr. Duncan, I am sorry to bother you but I was just simply asking which business school you think is better not considering costs. I believe I misunderstood the point of this forum, which I thought was designed to help you find which mba is best for you. Also, how accurate are the rankings on this website? http://business-schools.findthebest.com. Thank you for your time and consideration sir. This is a big decision and any help will be appreciated.

[quote][/quote] Mr. Duncan, I am sorry to bother you but I was just simply asking which business school you think is better not considering costs. I believe I misunderstood the point of this forum, which I thought was designed to help you find which mba is best for you. Also, how accurate are the rankings on this website? http://business-schools.findthebest.com. Thank you for your time and consideration sir. This is a big decision and any help will be appreciated.
Duncan

This is a forum, not a service (by which I mean you have to be prepared to contribute as well as consume, and you must do the basic research yourself). With the post above about LinkedIn and this post (Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065) about findthebest I give my opinion about how I answer questions like this. I've written those posts because I don't have the time to work through to individual answers for everyone. I know you can find the right answer easily using those methods. Good luck.

That said, you can also search the board for past discussions on Tampa and USF. I've contributed to that discussion. But I have certainly that the fact that you are looking only at two schools in the same city means that there are some unique specificities to your situation. You know them; I cannot.

[Edited by Duncan on Dec 15, 2014]

This is a forum, not a service (by which I mean you have to be prepared to contribute as well as consume, and you must do the basic research yourself). With the post above about LinkedIn and this post (Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065) about findthebest I give my opinion about how I answer questions like this. I've written those posts because I don't have the time to work through to individual answers for everyone. I know you can find the right answer easily using those methods. Good luck.

That said, you can also search the board for past discussions on Tampa and USF. I've contributed to that discussion. But I have certainly that the fact that you are looking only at two schools in the same city means that there are some unique specificities to your situation. You know them; I cannot.

Neither of these schools are really known for finance. Why don't you do your MBA at a school closer to Wall Street, such as NYU Stern or Columbia?

Neither of these schools are really known for finance. Why don't you do your MBA at a school closer to Wall Street, such as NYU Stern or Columbia?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Tampa, Florida 11 Followers 13 Discussions
Tampa, Florida 16 Followers 19 Discussions

Hot Discussions