Industrial Management at Esslingen

Hello All,
I got admission into Industrial Management at Esslingen Hochshule. I have almost 8years of IT experience. So how is school as such? What are the prospects after my studies.

Please give me some input.

Thank you,
Regards

Hello All,
I got admission into Industrial Management at Esslingen Hochshule. I have almost 8years of IT experience. So how is school as such? What are the prospects after my studies.

Please give me some input.

Thank you,
Regards
Duncan

That's a pretty good school if you want to work in manufacturing, especially automotive. That's where Esslingen is strong.

That's a pretty good school if you want to work in manufacturing, especially automotive. That's where Esslingen is strong.
Aspirant

Dear Sir,
I am a MBA aspirant and have received confirmation for my admission at HS Esslingen for MBA in International industrial management. Though your posts have given me fair idea about the course, I have a query on which I would like to have an expert's opinion,
I am an Electronics engineer and have 5 years of experience in the field of automation ( not automotive) and want to persue my MBA in Germany. I have done only A1 level certification and also have limited funds. I would like to work in Germany for some time after the course completion.

Looking at my profile kindly suggest me whether it is good to with the MBA at Hs Esslingen??
If possible kindly give me the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dear Sir,
I am a MBA aspirant and have received confirmation for my admission at HS Esslingen for MBA in International industrial management. Though your posts have given me fair idea about the course, I have a query on which I would like to have an expert's opinion,
I am an Electronics engineer and have 5 years of experience in the field of automation ( not automotive) and want to persue my MBA in Germany. I have done only A1 level certification and also have limited funds. I would like to work in Germany for some time after the course completion.

Looking at my profile kindly suggest me whether it is good to with the MBA at Hs Esslingen??
If possible kindly give me the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Duncan

Read through http://www.find-mba.com/university/573/hochschule-esslingen-esslingen-university-of-applied-sciences/discussions and perhaps come back with any specific questions.

Read through http://www.find-mba.com/university/573/hochschule-esslingen-esslingen-university-of-applied-sciences/discussions and perhaps come back with any specific questions.
Aspirant

Dear Duncan Sir,
I have gone through all the related posts. Somewhere you have mentioned that it is good for people who are related to manufacturing industry. Where as my job experience is no where related to the manufacturing industry.
My question is whether doing MBA at HS esslingen is worth looking at my profile??

Dear Duncan Sir,
I have gone through all the related posts. Somewhere you have mentioned that it is good for people who are related to manufacturing industry. Where as my job experience is no where related to the manufacturing industry.
My question is whether doing MBA at HS esslingen is worth looking at my profile??

Duncan

An MBA is always useful for a businessperson. What are your alternatives and goals? Why have you chosen Esslingen?

An MBA is always useful for a businessperson. What are your alternatives and goals? Why have you chosen Esslingen?
Aspirant

Being an electronics engineer currently I am working at a german multinational company in the oprations field. I want to work in the management field in an international market.
I have applied at hs esslingen as there course is for engineers with management aspirations.it is situated near sttutgart which is an industrial hub.also they offer mba in comparitively less fees.

Being an electronics engineer currently I am working at a german multinational company in the oprations field. I want to work in the management field in an international market.
I have applied at hs esslingen as there course is for engineers with management aspirations.it is situated near sttutgart which is an industrial hub.also they offer mba in comparitively less fees.
Duncan

Have you considered any alternatives to Esslingen?

Have you considered any alternatives to Esslingen?
Aspirant

Initially I had two to three options and all of them were in Germany. But hs esslingen was the cheapest, and I have heard about this university from an alumni so I decided to apply there only. And now only I came across this nice forum and thought of consulting you before taking the important decision.

Initially I had two to three options and all of them were in Germany. But hs esslingen was the cheapest, and I have heard about this university from an alumni so I decided to apply there only. And now only I came across this nice forum and thought of consulting you before taking the important decision.
Duncan

Those other schools would probably give you better outcomes. It depends on your wish to invest in yourself. Esslingen is low-investment and low-outcome; better schools will give much better outcomes.

Those other schools would probably give you better outcomes. It depends on your wish to invest in yourself. Esslingen is low-investment and low-outcome; better schools will give much better outcomes.
Heinz

Esslingen's location is great. It's close to Stuttgart, one of the most important industrial and technological centers of Germany (headquartes of Mercedes, Porsche, Bosch), and it's surrounded by hundreds of medium sized companies ("Mittelstand"), many of which are world-champions in their niche.

Esslingen's location is great. It's close to Stuttgart, one of the most important industrial and technological centers of Germany (headquartes of Mercedes, Porsche, Bosch), and it's surrounded by hundreds of medium sized companies ("Mittelstand"), many of which are world-champions in their niche.
Ranjit k

HI Duncan, Even i'm planning to apply to Esslingen as want to work in Automotive sector post MBA. My query "is Esslingen's MBA a good option if i do not want to limit myself to only Germany for Work after MBA, Does esslingen's Program has good visibility on International level? Also Pls suggent other good Low-cost options for Automotive MBA in Germany?

<blockquote>Those other schools would probably give you better outcomes. It depends on your wish to invest in yourself. Esslingen is low-investment and low-outcome; better schools will give much better outcomes.</blockquote>

HI Duncan, Even i'm planning to apply to Esslingen as want to work in Automotive sector post MBA. My query "is Esslingen's MBA a good option if i do not want to limit myself to only Germany for Work after MBA, Does esslingen's Program has good visibility on International level? Also Pls suggent other good Low-cost options for Automotive MBA in Germany?
Duncan

There's no similar low-cost offer to Esslingen's.

No, Esslingen isn't well known outside Germany.

Ranjit k

Thanks Duncan. I have 2 years of Global IT Sales experience however, want to be in automotive industry. Will Esslingen be a good choice for me? .Can work in/outside Germany post MBA. Also, I have applied to Pforzeim to for their MBA IM. Please Help.

<blockquote>There's no similar low-cost offer to Esslingen's.

No, Esslingen isn't well known outside Germany.</blockquote>

Thanks Duncan. I have 2 years of Global IT Sales experience however, want to be in automotive industry. Will Esslingen be a good choice for me? .Can work in/outside Germany post MBA. Also, I have applied to Pforzeim to for their MBA IM. Please Help.

Duncan

Esslingen's a good route into junior managerial roles in Baden-Württemberg's auto industries. It's an okay MBA, but I don't think the school is well known outside Baden-Württemberg, let alone outside Germany. If you want an internationally portable MBA, then attend a school which is internationally-accredited or ranked. Esslingen is neither: Pforzheim is better.

Take a look at:
http://www.find-mba.com/board/26446
http://www.find-mba.com/board/29023
http://www.find-mba.com/board/26892

Esslingen's a good route into junior managerial roles in Baden-Württemberg's auto industries. It's an okay MBA, but I don't think the school is well known outside Baden-Württemberg, let alone outside Germany. If you want an internationally portable MBA, then attend a school which is internationally-accredited or ranked. Esslingen is neither: Pforzheim is better.

Take a look at:
http://www.find-mba.com/board/26446
http://www.find-mba.com/board/29023
http://www.find-mba.com/board/26892
husenkps

In comparison with these two course how you rate
1) Master of business administration and Engineering -HTW Berlin
What are the chances over there?
You stated low outcome and get junior managerial role..is it the role available post MBA after all the course done in applied science courses..

In comparison with these two course how you rate
1) Master of business administration and Engineering -HTW Berlin
What are the chances over there?
You stated low outcome and get junior managerial role..is it the role available post MBA after all the course done in applied science courses..

I am currently studying in Esslingen and as Duncan said it is an okay MBA but I guess the opportunities around here are much more compared to Berlin and if you have sufficient work experience then the outcome could be good as well

I am currently studying in Esslingen and as Duncan said it is an okay MBA but I guess the opportunities around here are much more compared to Berlin and if you have sufficient work experience then the outcome could be good as well
husenkps

Thanks Radium Ball..
Can i know the chances of Admission...
I have gre Score of 1200 and TOEFL-84. Academics: 75% in engineering and 2 years experience in highly reputed company of india...with basic level german certificate...

Waiting for your reply..

Thanks Radium Ball..
Can i know the chances of Admission...
I have gre Score of 1200 and TOEFL-84. Academics: 75% in engineering and 2 years experience in highly reputed company of india...with basic level german certificate...

Waiting for your reply..
husenkps

Radium Ball..
Can you explain okay MBA? if you dont mind..can you suggest any other better option for me..

Radium Ball..
Can you explain okay MBA? if you dont mind..can you suggest any other better option for me..
satheshp88

Hi . Have you got admit from esslingen ? You Are studying In which school . I have also applied for esslingen n waiting fr d results fr d winter intake .

Hi . Have you got admit from esslingen ? You Are studying In which school . I have also applied for esslingen n waiting fr d results fr d winter intake .

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Esslingen, Germany 40 Followers 46 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Germany: Don't Let The Rankings Fool You

Article Sep 27, 2010

Germany's ambitious business schools are set to compete in Europe and globally

Top Business Schools for Industrial Management and Manufacturing

Top List

The manufacturing and industrial sectors are huge (and growing) parts of the global economy. To tap into these lucrative fields, MBA students can pursue related functional concentrations like operations management or supply chain management.

Hot Discussions