Zicklin vs. Fordham vs. Pace

Indu8

I am going to do my MBA in New York City but I'm not sure which school...

I have an admit to Zicklin but have also applied to Fordham. If I get an admit to Fordham, which school would be a better choice? My main goal is to get some work experience in New York City and develop my network there.

I am an entrepreneur, but I might want to go into a business development or strategy role after I graduate. I am not sure yet. Being close to NYC's start-up scene might help me think of new business ideas too.

If neither of these schools would be a good choice, I could also wait a bit and apply to Pace as well. I am in no rush.

Thanks for any advice.

I am going to do my MBA in New York City but I'm not sure which school...

I have an admit to Zicklin but have also applied to Fordham. If I get an admit to Fordham, which school would be a better choice? My main goal is to get some work experience in New York City and develop my network there.

I am an entrepreneur, but I might want to go into a business development or strategy role after I graduate. I am not sure yet. Being close to NYC's start-up scene might help me think of new business ideas too.

If neither of these schools would be a good choice, I could also wait a bit and apply to Pace as well. I am in no rush.

Thanks for any advice.
Duncan

Take a look at How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

I think Fordham will be better for many students.

PS Ezra makes good points below.

[Edited by Duncan on Feb 19, 2015]

Take a look at How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

I think Fordham will be better for many students.

PS Ezra makes good points below.
ezra

I'm not sure that, compared NYU Stern and Columbia and the kind of resources those schools offer to entrepreneurs, that any of these schools would be good for somebody who wants to launch a startup.

However, a case could be made for Fordham or Zicklin if you were more interested in more traditional MBA careers in fields like finance or consulting. Not sure that it's worth waiting to apply to Pace, but check out Linkedin and see where the grads end up.

I'm not sure that, compared NYU Stern and Columbia and the kind of resources those schools offer to entrepreneurs, that any of these schools would be good for somebody who wants to launch a startup.

However, a case could be made for Fordham or Zicklin if you were more interested in more traditional MBA careers in fields like finance or consulting. Not sure that it's worth waiting to apply to Pace, but check out Linkedin and see where the grads end up.
Indu8

Ok, I will hold off until I hear back from Fordham.

Ok, I will hold off until I hear back from Fordham.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

New York City, New York 49 Followers 73 Discussions
New York City, New York 43 Followers 41 Discussions
New York City, New York 78 Followers 68 Discussions

Other Related Content

An MBA in New York City: If You Can Make It There, You Can Make it Anywhere

Article Jun 08, 2016

New York City's business schools are attracting students from all over the world who want a foot in the door of New York's prestigious financial firms or burgeoning start-up scene.

Hot Discussions