Which school is better Fordham , Buffalo or Zicklin

zor

Hello,
Can someone please suggest me which school is a better option for MBA Finance. i have an admit from University of Buffalo and am thinkin of applyin to fordham &zicklin are these schools worth it? I have been rejected by wake forest and katz.
I want to have a carrier in the filed of corporate finance and am thinkin of doin CFA to strengthen my profile
am read mixed reviews abt Buffalo so am a bit confused whthr or not to join it.I have already taken the Gmat 5 tyms n landed between 580 to 600
My brief profile is as follows:
Indian/25
GMAT score: 600(v-31,m-42)
4yrs Work experience: 2.7 years as a Fund Accounting Analyst,for an international investment company 1.5 year as a Manger of operations at paper Products manufacturing firm
Undergrad Degree: Bachelor of Commerce (3 years)
GPA : 74%

Hello,
Can someone please suggest me which school is a better option for MBA Finance. i have an admit from University of Buffalo and am thinkin of applyin to fordham &zicklin are these schools worth it? I have been rejected by wake forest and katz.
I want to have a carrier in the filed of corporate finance and am thinkin of doin CFA to strengthen my profile
am read mixed reviews abt Buffalo so am a bit confused whthr or not to join it.I have already taken the Gmat 5 tyms n landed between 580 to 600
My brief profile is as follows:
Indian/25
GMAT score: 600(v-31,m-42)
4yrs Work experience: 2.7 years as a Fund Accounting Analyst,for an international investment company 1.5 year as a Manger of operations at paper Products manufacturing firm
Undergrad Degree: Bachelor of Commerce (3 years)
GPA : 74%
Duncan

These are broadly similar schools. Perhaps because of location, but also because they require work experience and have fewer international students, Fordham and Zicklin alumni get much higher salaries.

Take a look at http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/275-390-430/University-at-Buffalo-SUNY-NY-vs-CUNY-Bernard-M-Baruch-College-Zicklin-NY-vs-Fordham-University-NY

These are broadly similar schools. Perhaps because of location, but also because they require work experience and have fewer international students, Fordham and Zicklin alumni get much higher salaries.

Take a look at http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/275-390-430/University-at-Buffalo-SUNY-NY-vs-CUNY-Bernard-M-Baruch-College-Zicklin-NY-vs-Fordham-University-NY
zor

Hi duncan thank u very much for the reply..can u plz suggest me which would be a better choice in terms of long term salaries and corporate recruitment.would Fordham & Cuny location in the NY city hav an advantage over Buffalo.and also d avg age of UB student is 23 which i think wuld be a problem in attractin recruiters to the school and low sal .Can u plz let me know ur opinion

Hi duncan thank u very much for the reply..can u plz suggest me which would be a better choice in terms of long term salaries and corporate recruitment.would Fordham & Cuny location in the NY city hav an advantage over Buffalo.and also d avg age of UB student is 23 which i think wuld be a problem in attractin recruiters to the school and low sal .Can u plz let me know ur opinion
Duncan

Didn't I already answer that? Fordham and CUNY have higher salaries and more experienced students. I thought I said that in my answer.

Didn't I already answer that? Fordham and CUNY have higher salaries and more experienced students. I thought I said that in my answer.
zor

sorry..i framed my question incorrectly.I have 2 questions 1.)with Buffalo location would it be hard to find an internship in coroprate finance roles given its ties...n if i do an MBA from buffalo.would it be hard to relocate to NY city and get a higher pay?
2.)which would be the best bet for a finance concentration Between Fordham and Buffalo?

sorry..i framed my question incorrectly.I have 2 questions 1.)with Buffalo location would it be hard to find an internship in coroprate finance roles given its ties...n if i do an MBA from buffalo.would it be hard to relocate to NY city and get a higher pay?
2.)which would be the best bet for a finance concentration Between Fordham and Buffalo?
Duncan

Yes, it's harder to get internships from Buffalo, but that's not primarily about location but because Buffalo's students have little or no work experience, and many are international students. Indeed, at Buffalo internships are compulsory only for students without work experience.

Fordham is clearly much better placed. It has six different finance concentrations and the higher salaries of its alumni reflect their greater success in getting finance roles.

Yes, it's harder to get internships from Buffalo, but that's not primarily about location but because Buffalo's students have little or no work experience, and many are international students. Indeed, at Buffalo internships are compulsory only for students without work experience.

Fordham is clearly much better placed. It has six different finance concentrations and the higher salaries of its alumni reflect their greater success in getting finance roles.
ralph

I agree with Duncan on all points.

Realistically speaking though, with your GMAT score and work experience, you are going to be a hard sell at these three schools. You'll probably want around 630-650 on your GMAT to be competitive at any of these schools, and you're about 1.5 years of the average work experience at Zicklin.

Your best bet is probably Buffalo at this point, unless you plan on retaking the GMAT.

I agree with Duncan on all points.

Realistically speaking though, with your GMAT score and work experience, you are going to be a hard sell at these three schools. You'll probably want around 630-650 on your GMAT to be competitive at any of these schools, and you're about 1.5 years of the average work experience at Zicklin.

Your best bet is probably Buffalo at this point, unless you plan on retaking the GMAT.
zor

Hello Raph & Duncan,
I got an admit from Zicklin MBA finance.i hope its a good choice over Buffalo.appreciate ur opinion

Hello Raph & Duncan,
I got an admit from Zicklin MBA finance.i hope its a good choice over Buffalo.appreciate ur opinion
Duncan

Didn't I already answer that?

Didn't I already answer that?

Hi,
I have been comparing Fordham, Pace, CUNY Baruch at the below listed link. I noticed Fordham has a 97.6% acceptance rate, is ranked below CUNY and still has the highest annual salary expectations. Any thoughts?

http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/249-390-430/Pace-University-Lubin-NY-vs-CUNY-Bernard-M-Baruch-College-Zicklin-NY-vs-Fordham-University-NY

Hi,
I have been comparing Fordham, Pace, CUNY Baruch at the below listed link. I noticed Fordham has a 97.6% acceptance rate, is ranked below CUNY and still has the highest annual salary expectations. Any thoughts?

http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/249-390-430/Pace-University-Lubin-NY-vs-CUNY-Bernard-M-Baruch-College-Zicklin-NY-vs-Fordham-University-NY

I should have mentioned I am trying to decide between these schools. My goal is to get into an investment bank on Wall St.

My stats:
US Male/31 yr old
Undergrad GPA 3.2
MS Financial Engineering GPA 3.7
Exp GMAT 680-700
2 years working as an Analyst at AllianceBernstein, then 5 years in the US Army.

I will apply to NYU but its extremely competitive and I need a safety school. So trying to decide between the three.

I should have mentioned I am trying to decide between these schools. My goal is to get into an investment bank on Wall St.

My stats:
US Male/31 yr old
Undergrad GPA 3.2
MS Financial Engineering GPA 3.7
Exp GMAT 680-700
2 years working as an Analyst at AllianceBernstein, then 5 years in the US Army.

I will apply to NYU but its extremely competitive and I need a safety school. So trying to decide between the three.
Razors Edg...

Zicklin looks better on paper: higher GMAT average for the cohorts, and placements with Ernst and Young, KPMG, etc. ... Although Fordham does generally shows better salaries (but lower placement percentages overall.)

Although how this pans out when you're in the job market and competing with grads from Stern and Columbia, that's probably another matter.

Zicklin looks better on paper: higher GMAT average for the cohorts, and placements with Ernst and Young, KPMG, etc. ... Although Fordham does generally shows better salaries (but lower placement percentages overall.)

Although how this pans out when you're in the job market and competing with grads from Stern and Columbia, that's probably another matter.
Duncan

I don't think you should pay too much attention to the ratios on the find the best site. How can there be 1,859 enrolled but 467 applicants? Clearly these numbers are not quite right. In practice, the fact that Fordham and Zicklin alumni get similar salaries (certainly the Fordham premium is than smaller than one might expect from the older cohort) is important. Both have good placement into Deloitte, JPMorgan and Citi.

I don't think you should pay too much attention to the ratios on the find the best site. How can there be 1,859 enrolled but 467 applicants? Clearly these numbers are not quite right. In practice, the fact that Fordham and Zicklin alumni get similar salaries (certainly the Fordham premium is than smaller than one might expect from the older cohort) is important. Both have good placement into Deloitte, JPMorgan and Citi.

Thanks Duncan.. I am leaning more towards Fordham at this point (cost is not an issue for the the Army pays for the degree once you are out). Any thoughts on Pace or do you think I should rule it out in comparision to Baruch andFordham.

Thanks Duncan.. I am leaning more towards Fordham at this point (cost is not an issue for the the Army pays for the degree once you are out). Any thoughts on Pace or do you think I should rule it out in comparision to Baruch andFordham.
Duncan

Given the choice I would pick Fordham. Also take a look at Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065

Given the choice I would pick Fordham. Also take a look at Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065

Thanks a lot for your response Duncan. I really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot for your response Duncan. I really appreciate it.
ralph

If cost isn't an issue, why not take your chances with Columbia? Although your projected GMAT score is a bit lower than average, it is still within range, and your Army experience might set you apart. Maybe it could be a reach school for you, especially if you score in the upper part of your projected GMAT range.

If cost isn't an issue, why not take your chances with Columbia? Although your projected GMAT score is a bit lower than average, it is still within range, and your Army experience might set you apart. Maybe it could be a reach school for you, especially if you score in the upper part of your projected GMAT range.

Thanks Ralph. I am definitely going to apply to NYU and Columbia depending on how I do on the GMAT. Fordham is my safety school.

Thanks Ralph. I am definitely going to apply to NYU and Columbia depending on how I do on the GMAT. Fordham is my safety school.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Buffalo, New York 24 Followers 53 Discussions
New York City, New York 49 Followers 73 Discussions
New York City, New York 78 Followers 68 Discussions

Hot Discussions