What to do if you are waitlisted ?

manojbala

Hi,
I just got wait listed at a school.What do I do now ?
Play the waiting game...? Is wait list like a near reject...

My interview happened a week back.Today,I was waitlisted. Notification deadline is a month away.

How do I convert this waitlist to an admit...

Thanks

Hi,
I just got wait listed at a school.What do I do now ?
Play the waiting game...? Is wait list like a near reject...

My interview happened a week back.Today,I was waitlisted. Notification deadline is a month away.

How do I convert this waitlist to an admit...

Thanks
Duncan

This varies a lot from school to school. Find out what the yield rate is at the school: at some schools a lot of admitted candidates go elsewhere, and and other schools almost all the students take up places. My impression is that at London Business School you have to be a really amazing candidate to make it off the waitlist.

But it's November. If they are waitlisting you in November then I think that's worse: the programme cannot be full (unless it starts in January). There's a good chance that you will not be admitted.

To convert to an admit, just become a stronger candidate. Consider what your weaknesses are, work on them, and consider what evidence might what you have done. This will also help you at other schools. Your focus should really be on other schools.

This varies a lot from school to school. Find out what the yield rate is at the school: at some schools a lot of admitted candidates go elsewhere, and and other schools almost all the students take up places. My impression is that at London Business School you have to be a really amazing candidate to make it off the waitlist.

But it's November. If they are waitlisting you in November then I think that's worse: the programme cannot be full (unless it starts in January). There's a good chance that you will not be admitted.

To convert to an admit, just become a stronger candidate. Consider what your weaknesses are, work on them, and consider what evidence might what you have done. This will also help you at other schools. Your focus should really be on other schools.
manojbala

Duncan,
The yield rate at this school is 48%.
So,since the yield is so low,if I show a strong commitment to go to this school ..do you think I may be admitted to the program..

Well,I don't know how to reply...Adcom has mentioned that my application has potential and that they will inform me when my application status changes. Adcom has also written that if I have other options,I should inform them.
But the school that I'm waitlisted at is my first preference. Duncan,should I tell the school that if accepted,I will definitely enrol in the school?

Duncan,
The yield rate at this school is 48%.
So,since the yield is so low,if I show a strong commitment to go to this school ..do you think I may be admitted to the program..

Well,I don't know how to reply...Adcom has mentioned that my application has potential and that they will inform me when my application status changes. Adcom has also written that if I have other options,I should inform them.
But the school that I'm waitlisted at is my first preference. Duncan,should I tell the school that if accepted,I will definitely enrol in the school?
Duncan

You stand a good chance. If it's your first preference, then you should tell them that.

You stand a good chance. If it's your first preference, then you should tell them that.

Reply to Post

Other Related Content

MBA Applications: What to do When You Are Waitlisted

Article Dec 11, 2018

Being placed on a waitlist is stressful, but there are things to do to boost your chances of admission

Hot Discussions