Wake Forest to drop full-time MBA program

Inactive User

http://business.wfu.edu/newsroom/wake-forest-university-hones-its-focus-changing-mba-market/

"To allow Wake Forest to focus on emerging opportunities and continue to expand its successful and flexible MBA, the School will no longer offer incoming students admission to a traditional daytime MBA program."

In other words, it was not making enough money for the school.

It's interesting because this is a ranked program and generally well regarded. I wonder if it's a harbinger of other lower-tier or unranked full-time US MBA programs.

My sense is that there's probably if schools like Wake Forest made a more concerted effort to recruit international students, they could make these programs more profitable.

http://business.wfu.edu/newsroom/wake-forest-university-hones-its-focus-changing-mba-market/

"To allow Wake Forest to focus on emerging opportunities and continue to expand its successful and flexible MBA, the School will no longer offer incoming students admission to a traditional daytime MBA program."

In other words, it was not making enough money for the school.

It's interesting because this is a ranked program and generally well regarded. I wonder if it's a harbinger of other lower-tier or unranked full-time US MBA programs.

My sense is that there's probably if schools like Wake Forest made a more concerted effort to recruit international students, they could make these programs more profitable.
Duncan

Full-time programmes at schools that deliver a world class experience are more or less never profitable. A bigger full-time MBA just means a bigger loss.

Full-time programmes at schools that deliver a world class experience are more or less never profitable. A bigger full-time MBA just means a bigger loss.
badux

And for a school like Wake Forest, it's probably better to focus on their strengths: their part-time MBA is well-regarded, and they have some interesting executive education offerings, which tend to be profitable.

I'm just surprised this school hasn't jumped into the online MBA game, like many other similar US schools have.

And for a school like Wake Forest, it's probably better to focus on their strengths: their part-time MBA is well-regarded, and they have some interesting executive education offerings, which tend to be profitable.

I'm just surprised this school hasn't jumped into the online MBA game, like many other similar US schools have.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Charlotte, North Carolina 5 Followers 13 Discussions