UT Dallas - iGLEMBA

Hi,

Here is a new program commencing this Sept 2014.

University: The University of Texas at Dallas - Naveen Jindal School of Management
Program: Innovative Global Leadership Executive MBA (iGLEMBA)
Type: Full time
Course Duration: 1 year
URL: http://jindal.utdallas.edu/executive-education/executive-degree-programs/iglemba/

I'm a bit surprised as UT Dallas already has an E-MBA program. Also to note that no GMAT required for admission.

Need some comments about this course.

Regards, Arpit

@Duncan, I have already read your post "Why you should take the GMAT www.find-mba.com/board/38939"...

Hi,

Here is a new program commencing this Sept 2014.

University: The University of Texas at Dallas - Naveen Jindal School of Management
Program: Innovative Global Leadership Executive MBA (iGLEMBA)
Type: Full time
Course Duration: 1 year
URL: http://jindal.utdallas.edu/executive-education/executive-degree-programs/iglemba/

I'm a bit surprised as UT Dallas already has an E-MBA program. Also to note that no GMAT required for admission.

Need some comments about this course.

Regards, Arpit

@Duncan, I have already read your post "Why you should take the GMAT www.find-mba.com/board/38939"...
Duncan

I think that's an error on the website. This seems to be a one year full-time MBA, although on this page http://jindal.utdallas.edu/som/executive-education/executive-degree-programs/global-leadership-emba/global-leadership-emba-curriculum/ it is a part-time degree.

The only thing that's innovate about it is describing a full-time degree as an executive MBA, which I think only Henley, IDEC and Ashridge have done before. It's because it's managed by the executive education unit rather than the degree programs side, so I think it's more likely to be a part-time program. Check with the school.

I think that's an error on the website. This seems to be a one year full-time MBA, although on this page http://jindal.utdallas.edu/som/executive-education/executive-degree-programs/global-leadership-emba/global-leadership-emba-curriculum/ it is a part-time degree.

The only thing that's innovate about it is describing a full-time degree as an executive MBA, which I think only Henley, IDEC and Ashridge have done before. It's because it's managed by the executive education unit rather than the degree programs side, so I think it's more likely to be a part-time program. Check with the school.

I got an email from QS regarding this new course, and then after checking with the school, I found out that this is indeed a completely new course starting from Sept'2014. They got my profile from QS and have interesting scholarship options for candidates with more than 7-8 years experience... Ironically, they are also not looking for GMAT.

In case its not an error, what do you think about this course? Career opportunities after this course, as its an E-MBA?

I got an email from QS regarding this new course, and then after checking with the school, I found out that this is indeed a completely new course starting from Sept'2014. They got my profile from QS and have interesting scholarship options for candidates with more than 7-8 years experience... Ironically, they are also not looking for GMAT.

In case its not an error, what do you think about this course? Career opportunities after this course, as its an E-MBA?
Duncan

Well, I think the same general points apply as with other one-year MBAs: the routine of two years with an internship in the middle is pretty well established in the US. The fact that this is branded as an "executive" MBA doesn't really affect it. But the outcomes will perhaps be similar as as for the full-time MBA, in so far as a the added work experience will make up for a low GMAT for some businesses.

Well, I think the same general points apply as with other one-year MBAs: the routine of two years with an internship in the middle is pretty well established in the US. The fact that this is branded as an "executive" MBA doesn't really affect it. But the outcomes will perhaps be similar as as for the full-time MBA, in so far as a the added work experience will make up for a low GMAT for some businesses.

So the average post graduation salary can also be expected the same as the full time MBA program at UT Dallas which is approximately USD 70k: http://business-schools.findthebest.com/l/125/University-of-Texas-Dallas-TX, and not as comparable to their E-MBA (which is around USD 140k for UT Dallas)...unsatisfactory...

I think the city, Dallas might play a good role in this...

One more confusing thing here is the ranking of UT Dallas through various sources:

Full Time MBA 2014 FT.com - not there in top 100
Full time MBA 2013 Economist - not there in top 100
E-MBA FT.com 2013 - 87
FindTheBest - 23

So the average post graduation salary can also be expected the same as the full time MBA program at UT Dallas which is approximately USD 70k: http://business-schools.findthebest.com/l/125/University-of-Texas-Dallas-TX, and not as comparable to their E-MBA (which is around USD 140k for UT Dallas)...unsatisfactory...

I think the city, Dallas might play a good role in this...

One more confusing thing here is the ranking of UT Dallas through various sources:

Full Time MBA 2014 FT.com - not there in top 100
Full time MBA 2013 Economist - not there in top 100
E-MBA FT.com 2013 - 87
FindTheBest - 23
Duncan

Yes, if it's a full-time degres then it will have a slightly highers age profile to the full-time MBA, but a cohort more like the MBA than the EMBA.

Yes, if it's a full-time degres then it will have a slightly highers age profile to the full-time MBA, but a cohort more like the MBA than the EMBA.

Noted all your comments, and will accordingly consider this course.

Thanks, Arpit

Noted all your comments, and will accordingly consider this course.

Thanks, Arpit
chabi

hi, did you apply for this program ?

hi, did you apply for this program ?

Not yet.

But, I am quite positive about the program.

Not yet.

But, I am quite positive about the program.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Richardson, Texas 33 Followers 41 Discussions

Other Related Content

Top 10 Ranked Business Schools in Texas

Top List

The Lone Star State hosts a number of great MBA programs. Here are the ten best