UC Irvine - any good??

Socalchar

Hello, I am looking to do an MBA, and since I live in Orange County UC Irvine is not far from me, and it offers a concentration in real estate, which I would be interested in pursuing... But is the university's business school any good?

Are there other options in the southland? I know that UCLA has an MBA, but it is a little pricy. I would prefer to focus on real estate, if that's a possibility. Thanks for any advice.

Hello, I am looking to do an MBA, and since I live in Orange County UC Irvine is not far from me, and it offers a concentration in real estate, which I would be interested in pursuing... But is the university's business school any good?

Are there other options in the southland? I know that UCLA has an MBA, but it is a little pricy. I would prefer to focus on real estate, if that's a possibility. Thanks for any advice.
Duncan

What sort of role are you looking for?

Looking at: How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571 and following that approach it seems that real estate MBAs within 100 miles of UCI have typically studied at UCLA, UCB or USC.

PS Get into the best program you can ;-)

What sort of role are you looking for?

Looking at: How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571 and following that approach it seems that real estate MBAs within 100 miles of UCI have typically studied at UCLA, UCB or USC.

PS Get into the best program you can ;-)
Inactive User

USC Marshall may be a good option: there are some real estate electives there, and I believe there's an actual concentration in the area. You could choose to pair the MBA with a MRED from the Price School, depending on your goals.

USC Marshall may be a good option: there are some real estate electives there, and I believe there's an actual concentration in the area. You could choose to pair the MBA with a MRED from the Price School, depending on your goals.
hmw002

Agreed with mba hipster: Marshall could be a good option but there are several more schools in CA that offer concentrations in real estate, though not all are near Orange County.

Agreed with mba hipster: Marshall could be a good option but there are several more schools in CA that offer concentrations in real estate, though not all are near Orange County.
Socalchar

Thanks all for your advice... I'll look at the USC program. My goal is to move from real estate sales into a more finance-oriented role, but I don't think that I will need a second master's degree.

Thanks all for your advice... I'll look at the USC program. My goal is to move from real estate sales into a more finance-oriented role, but I don't think that I will need a second master's degree.
Inactive User

Then the USC program would be perfect for you, since it covers investment, asset management, etc. And the Price school and its Lusk Center are really at the forefront in this area.

Otherwise, I would recommend a school that's strong in finance, but since you're limited to southern California there aren't that many options in this field.

Then the USC program would be perfect for you, since it covers investment, asset management, etc. And the Price school and its Lusk Center are really at the forefront in this area.

Otherwise, I would recommend a school that's strong in finance, but since you're limited to southern California there aren't that many options in this field.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 89 Followers 147 Discussions
Irvine, California 41 Followers 40 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

MBA School Choice: UCLA Anderson vs USC Marshall

Article Feb 13, 2019

Both business schools, among California's best, profit from being located in Los Angeles. But they have different student bodies, positions in rankings, alumni networks and applications

Top Business Schools for Real Estate

Top List

Even post-housing bubble, the US real estate industry still pulls in over $100 billion in revenue each year, according to some estimates. Here's a list of the top ten best MBA programs to break into real estate

Hot Discussions