Santa Barbara Business School Fight!!

Has anybody been keeping up on this? Santa Barbara doesn't really have a business school to speak of, and I just read here that Pepperdine was thinking of adding a campus in the city.

BUT last August, Cal Poly said that it was "exploring demand" for business classes in Santa Barbara. And then at the end of last year, CSU Channel Islands were considering offering classes there, and apparently the president of the school said "?Santa Barbara is our territory ? we?re not giving it up.?

Sounds like fightin' words to me!!

What does everybody think? I think that UCSB is being incredibly stubborn in not offering an MBA program there - I mean, the undergraduate business program there is pretty exceptional, and the school would be helped out tremendously with the tuition and grants from a professional-level school.

Has anybody been keeping up on this? Santa Barbara doesn't really have a business school to speak of, and I just read here that Pepperdine was thinking of adding a campus in the city.

BUT last August, Cal Poly said that it was "exploring demand" for business classes in Santa Barbara. And then at the end of last year, CSU Channel Islands were considering offering classes there, and apparently the president of the school said "?Santa Barbara is our territory ? we?re not giving it up.?

Sounds like fightin' words to me!!

What does everybody think? I think that UCSB is being incredibly stubborn in not offering an MBA program there - I mean, the undergraduate business program there is pretty exceptional, and the school would be helped out tremendously with the tuition and grants from a professional-level school.

Oh by the way here's the link to the news about Pepperdine:

http://www.find-mba.com/article/433/pepperdine-plans-to-offer-mba-enrollment-to-ucsb-alumni

Oh by the way here's the link to the news about Pepperdine:

http://www.find-mba.com/article/433/pepperdine-plans-to-offer-mba-enrollment-to-ucsb-alumni

Looks like Cal Poly beat Pepperdine to the punch!

http://www.find-mba.com/article/458/cal-poly-announces-mba-program-in-santa-barbara

Looks like Cal Poly beat Pepperdine to the punch!

http://www.find-mba.com/article/458/cal-poly-announces-mba-program-in-santa-barbara
ralph

Hey Richard, I saw that Pepperdine is getting its game on in Santa Barbara. From a press release:

Launching in January 2011, UCSB graduates and Santa Barbara area residents enrolled in Pepperdine University?s Fully Employed MBA Program at its Westlake Village/Ventura County campus will be able to take classes on Wednesday nights at the Mosher Alumni House and every other Saturday at the Westlake Village/Ventura County location.

It's a little strange to me that they're offering classes at a UCSB facility. I think this has been asked before, but why doesn't UCSB just start their own business school? It seems like that area is just begging for it.

In any case, Pepperdine is offering info sessions if anybody's interested in learning more about the Santa Barbara MBA:

Thursday, July 15; UC-Santa Barbara, Mosher Alumni House, Santa Barbara, Calif., 93106

Tuesday, July 20; The Upham Hotel, 1401 De La Vina Street, Santa Barbara, Calif., 93101

Hey Richard, I saw that Pepperdine is getting its game on in Santa Barbara. From a press release:

<blockquote>Launching in January 2011, UCSB graduates and Santa Barbara area residents enrolled in Pepperdine University?s Fully Employed MBA Program at its Westlake Village/Ventura County campus will be able to take classes on Wednesday nights at the Mosher Alumni House and every other Saturday at the Westlake Village/Ventura County location.</blockquote>

It's a little strange to me that they're offering classes at a UCSB facility. I think this has been asked before, but why doesn't UCSB just start their own business school? It seems like that area is just begging for it.

In any case, Pepperdine is offering info sessions if anybody's interested in learning more about the Santa Barbara MBA:

Thursday, July 15; UC-Santa Barbara, Mosher Alumni House, Santa Barbara, Calif., 93106

Tuesday, July 20; The Upham Hotel, 1401 De La Vina Street, Santa Barbara, Calif., 93101

Turns out Cal Poly is pulling out of the Santa Barbara business school showdown...

from their statement:

?The CSU instead will look to its Channel Islands campus to serve the Santa Barbara market for an MBA program, given its closer proximity to Santa Barbara.?

Maybe they saw that Pepperdine was really ready to start a fight. And I really doubt that Santa Barbara is big enough for two full business schools.

Turns out Cal Poly is pulling out of the Santa Barbara business school showdown...

from their statement:

<blockquote>?The CSU instead will look to its Channel Islands campus to serve the Santa Barbara market for an MBA program, given its closer proximity to Santa Barbara.?</blockquote>

Maybe they saw that Pepperdine was really ready to start a fight. And I really doubt that Santa Barbara is big enough for two full business schools.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 45 Followers 47 Discussions
San Luis Obispo, California 4 Followers 5 Discussions

Hot Discussions