Reach Schools - GMAT 620

SiddharthK

Hi guys,
I ended up with 620(Q47,V28) on the GMAT.This was my 3rd attempt. I am confident of scoring 680 in my next attempt.
I intend to apply to schools with 620 score for Fall 2014 intake.

Profile :
Engineer(Computers)
IT + Family managed business
Extra curriculars : Ok

This is my list :

Boston College(Caroll)
Babson College(Olin)
University of Pittsburg(Katz)
University of Tennesee(Knoxville)
University of South Carolina(Moore)
CUNY Baruch(Zicklin)
Syracuse University(Whitman)
University of Colorado-Boulder(Leeds)
Thunderbird School Of Global Management

Do you think these schools are in my reach.Please advise.

Also,please me know if any of above schools or other schools in my reach....have early action/early decision deadlines. I want to apply early.

Thank you !!!

Hi guys,
I ended up with 620(Q47,V28) on the GMAT.This was my 3rd attempt. I am confident of scoring 680 in my next attempt.
I intend to apply to schools with 620 score for Fall 2014 intake.

Profile :
Engineer(Computers)
IT + Family managed business
Extra curriculars : Ok

This is my list :

Boston College(Caroll)
Babson College(Olin)
University of Pittsburg(Katz)
University of Tennesee(Knoxville)
University of South Carolina(Moore)
CUNY Baruch(Zicklin)
Syracuse University(Whitman)
University of Colorado-Boulder(Leeds)
Thunderbird School Of Global Management

Do you think these schools are in my reach.Please advise.

Also,please me know if any of above schools or other schools in my reach....have early action/early decision deadlines. I want to apply early.

Thank you !!!
Duncan

Take a lok at http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/15-49-103-115-119-237-352-390-415/University-of-South-Carolina-Moore-SC-vs-Thunderbird-School-of-Global-Management-AZ-vs-University-of-Tennessee-Knoxville-TN-vs-University-of-Colorado-Boulder-Leeds-CO-vs-Babson-College-Olin-MA-vs-University-of-Pittsburgh-Katz-PA-vs-Syracuse-University-Whitman-NY-vs-CUNY-Bernard-M-Baruch-College-Zicklin-NY-vs-Boston-College-Carroll-MA

If you think you'll get 680 next time, then focus on that. 680 should make most of these schools available to you.

Search the GMAT board here for my post called "GMAT Tiers".

Take a lok at http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/15-49-103-115-119-237-352-390-415/University-of-South-Carolina-Moore-SC-vs-Thunderbird-School-of-Global-Management-AZ-vs-University-of-Tennessee-Knoxville-TN-vs-University-of-Colorado-Boulder-Leeds-CO-vs-Babson-College-Olin-MA-vs-University-of-Pittsburgh-Katz-PA-vs-Syracuse-University-Whitman-NY-vs-CUNY-Bernard-M-Baruch-College-Zicklin-NY-vs-Boston-College-Carroll-MA

If you think you'll get 680 next time, then focus on that. 680 should make most of these schools available to you.

SiddharthK

Duncan...I don't want to take the GMAT soon. So,I am thinking of applying to colleges with 620. I want to increase my chances...To reach 680 level,I would require 2-3 months.So,I want to focus on Apps for schools with 620 score.

Do you think the schools I have mentioned ...are within my reach?

<blockquote>Take a lok at http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/15-49-103-115-119-237-352-390-415/University-of-South-Carolina-Moore-SC-vs-Thunderbird-School-of-Global-Management-AZ-vs-University-of-Tennessee-Knoxville-TN-vs-University-of-Colorado-Boulder-Leeds-CO-vs-Babson-College-Olin-MA-vs-University-of-Pittsburgh-Katz-PA-vs-Syracuse-University-Whitman-NY-vs-CUNY-Bernard-M-Baruch-College-Zicklin-NY-vs-Boston-College-Carroll-MA

Search the GMAT board here for my post called "GMAT Tiers".</blockquote>

Duncan...I don't want to take the GMAT soon. So,I am thinking of applying to colleges with 620. I want to increase my chances...To reach 680 level,I would require 2-3 months.So,I want to focus on Apps for schools with 620 score.

Do you think the schools I have mentioned ...are within my reach?
Duncan

read the post on GMAT Tiers. It explains that most students need to look at schools where they are above the average GMAT. Then look at the other factors: work experience, GPA, diversity, extra-curricular experience... and then adjust up or down depending on where they stand. If you are weak on all the other factors, then you need to be a long way over the average GMAT. I don't know your background, but I am sure you get my point.

read the post on GMAT Tiers. It explains that most students need to look at schools where they are above the average GMAT. Then look at the other factors: work experience, GPA, diversity, extra-curricular experience... and then adjust up or down depending on where they stand. If you are weak on all the other factors, then you need to be a long way over the average GMAT. I don't know your background, but I am sure you get my point.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Babson Park, Massachusetts 28 Followers 76 Discussions
Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 66 Discussions
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 31 Followers 55 Discussions
Columbia, South Carolina 11 Followers 30 Discussions
Boulder, Colorado 15 Followers 16 Discussions
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 19 Followers 26 Discussions
New York City, New York 78 Followers 68 Discussions
Syracuse, New York 17 Followers 27 Discussions
Knoxville, Tennessee 17 Followers 31 Discussions

Other Related Content

Top MBA Programs for a 620 GMAT Score

Top List

These are the 10 best MBA programs for candidates with a 620 GMAT score (or thereabouts).