Profile evaluation, different profile

karant

Hello,

I am a recent BS(Finance) graduate from Murray State University (2012) applying to MBA for Fall 2013. My GMAT score is 620 (Q:45, V:30) and have a undergraduate GPA of 3.54/4.00. I also hold a Diploma or Associates degree in Hotel Management from India and have 2 years work experience in hospitality industry after obtaining my associates degree. Since my graduation, I have been volunteering with a global non-profit organization based in Boston. I have been on the Dean's list a few times and have also volunteered at SIFE/Encartus during undergraduate studies. I was also a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Beta Alpha Psi. Some of the schools I have been targeting are:

- Northeastern University
- Lehigh University
- University of Missouri
- UMass Amherst
- UMass Boston
- RIT
- North Carolina State University.

What are my chance of getting through in these colleges? Are there any other potential colleges I can target? Also, what is the possibility of getting any scholarship at these programs? I would really appreciate any feedback since my profile is slightly different from a normal applicant.

Hello,

I am a recent BS(Finance) graduate from Murray State University (2012) applying to MBA for Fall 2013. My GMAT score is 620 (Q:45, V:30) and have a undergraduate GPA of 3.54/4.00. I also hold a Diploma or Associates degree in Hotel Management from India and have 2 years work experience in hospitality industry after obtaining my associates degree. Since my graduation, I have been volunteering with a global non-profit organization based in Boston. I have been on the Dean's list a few times and have also volunteered at SIFE/Encartus during undergraduate studies. I was also a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Beta Alpha Psi. Some of the schools I have been targeting are:

- Northeastern University
- Lehigh University
- University of Missouri
- UMass Amherst
- UMass Boston
- RIT
- North Carolina State University.

What are my chance of getting through in these colleges? Are there any other potential colleges I can target? Also, what is the possibility of getting any scholarship at these programs? I would really appreciate any feedback since my profile is slightly different from a normal applicant.
Duncan

Have you been in touch with these schools? How do they book at the work experience before getting your BS?

I don't think you should expect any notable scholarship support.

Have you been in touch with these schools? How do they book at the work experience before getting your BS?

I don't think you should expect any notable scholarship support.
ezra

Business schools generally look for post-bachelor's work experience - so you'll have to touch base with them to see if they'd even accept your work experience.

Even so, your two years' may be on the lowside for some of the schools you are looking at: the average experience of MBA students at Northeastern is closer to 4 years; and at UMass Amherst they only look at applicants with at least three years of experience.

A couple of years of post-BS work experience would boost your profile tremendously. If you need something right now, an MSc or an MiM might be a more reasonable goal.

Business schools generally look for post-bachelor's work experience - so you'll have to touch base with them to see if they'd even accept your work experience.

Even so, your two years' may be on the lowside for some of the schools you are looking at: the average experience of MBA students at Northeastern is closer to 4 years; and at UMass Amherst they only look at applicants with at least three years of experience.

A couple of years of post-BS work experience would boost your profile tremendously. If you need something right now, an MSc or an MiM might be a more reasonable goal.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Kansas City, Missouri 5 Followers 7 Discussions
Rochester, New York 8 Followers 21 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 27 Followers 31 Discussions
Amherst, Massachusetts 12 Followers 24 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 27 Followers 18 Discussions
Raleigh, North Carolina 18 Followers 25 Discussions
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 7 Followers 4 Discussions