Please evaluate my chances--NEED HELP!!

jamillah

Hi - I'd like to attend a top-10 MBA program, and have the following credentials/demographics. Please advise as to which schools I might have a solid chance of admission to:

*Hispanic female, underprivileged background, worked full-time during undergrad. 27 years old.
*Northwestern University, 3.1 GPA (Organization Behavior, Econ. minor)
*660 GMAT (93% Verbal, 55% Quant, perfect "6" AWA) -- did not prepare at all for GMAT.
*Financial journalist/editor -- published in The Wall Street Journal, and several leading European financial journals. Currently an Associate Editor at a top financial website. Led development of Spanish-language financial news site. Have interviewed US Senators, CEOs, etc. and have reported live from NYSE and NASDAQ. Produce, edit and deliver Spanish AND English-language financial news.

Dream schools --Harvard, Wharton, NYU/Stern, Columbia, Stanford.

Hi - I'd like to attend a top-10 MBA program, and have the following credentials/demographics. Please advise as to which schools I might have a solid chance of admission to:

*Hispanic female, underprivileged background, worked full-time during undergrad. 27 years old.
*Northwestern University, 3.1 GPA (Organization Behavior, Econ. minor)
*660 GMAT (93% Verbal, 55% Quant, perfect "6" AWA) -- did not prepare at all for GMAT.
*Financial journalist/editor -- published in The Wall Street Journal, and several leading European financial journals. Currently an Associate Editor at a top financial website. Led development of Spanish-language financial news site. Have interviewed US Senators, CEOs, etc. and have reported live from NYSE and NASDAQ. Produce, edit and deliver Spanish AND English-language financial news.

Dream schools --Harvard, Wharton, NYU/Stern, Columbia, Stanford.

jamillah

Hundreds of views and not a single person offering any advice?

SingleSpai...

I am not an expert in admisions, but your quant gmat seems very low. You should improve your "quant" ability, as a journalist you mayhave problems in finance or quant related subjects.

Are you considering European schools?

<blockquote>Hundreds of views and not a single person offering any advice?</blockquote>

I am not an expert in admisions, but your quant gmat seems very low. You should improve your "quant" ability, as a journalist you mayhave problems in finance or quant related subjects.

Are you considering European schools?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Stanford, California 96 Followers 171 Discussions
New York City, New York 158 Followers 259 Discussions
New York City, New York 177 Followers 249 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 85 Followers 204 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 67 Followers 172 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024