Pace Univ MBA - NY

AndreasK

Hello,
What do you think of Pace MBA? I read on these boards how it is held in a low esteem compared to other schools in New York area. I checked on the school's website of companies recruiting at campus and I am surprised to find out these are companies like JP Morgan, CreditSuisse and Morgan Stanley. Why would these companies come to Pace if it is as bad as I have been reading?
web.pace.edu/page.cfm?doc_id=34671

Hello,
What do you think of Pace MBA? I read on these boards how it is held in a low esteem compared to other schools in New York area. I checked on the school's website of companies recruiting at campus and I am surprised to find out these are companies like JP Morgan, CreditSuisse and Morgan Stanley. Why would these companies come to Pace if it is as bad as I have been reading?
web.pace.edu/page.cfm?doc_id=34671
Rhino

There are various ways to get into great companies, here are few of those reasons:
1. Those graduate from Pace has great connections.
Maybe their dad/ uncle are top execs in the management.
2. Work experience prior to MBA definitely important.
Not all who graduated from Pace univ are from 3rd or 2nd Tier companies.
Some of them might have worked before at Google, Apple, or Bain, etc.
3. Luck! (The most important factor in life)

There are various ways to get into great companies, here are few of those reasons:
1. Those graduate from Pace has great connections.
Maybe their dad/ uncle are top execs in the management.
2. Work experience prior to MBA definitely important.
Not all who graduated from Pace univ are from 3rd or 2nd Tier companies.
Some of them might have worked before at Google, Apple, or Bain, etc.
3. Luck! (The most important factor in life)
AndreasK

Dear Rhino:

Thank you for the info. My original question however pertains to the reason why companies such as I mentioned are recruiting at Pace campus when the school is not, according to may people highly regarded.

Thanks
AndreasK

Dear Rhino:

Thank you for the info. My original question however pertains to the reason why companies such as I mentioned are recruiting at Pace campus when the school is not, according to may people highly regarded.

Thanks
AndreasK
iloveny

I have the same question. Pace is not rated as a great university but it sure has students finding good jobs.

I have the same question. Pace is not rated as a great university but it sure has students finding good jobs.
HChox

Has anyone thought that maybe it is actually has a better rating than most think? Visit the school and speak with students. Visit their career center. I've found that ratings don't matter as much as two things: the school you're interested in will engage in the major you're interested in pursuing AND they have a career center that cannot only attract top employers, but assist students with internships and workshops and seminars. I saw their career center and it has lots of staff -- about double the normal size than most schools.

Networking with colleagues and maybe your parents friends can help, but let's face it that doesn't account for those companies. Maybe they're students have something that the employers want. Employers don't waste their time going to schools that don't have what their looking for. They also have a page that details placements and stats -- even their annual reports: http://web.pace.edu/page.cfm?doc_id=7444

Has anyone thought that maybe it is actually has a better rating than most think? Visit the school and speak with students. Visit their career center. I've found that ratings don't matter as much as two things: the school you're interested in will engage in the major you're interested in pursuing AND they have a career center that cannot only attract top employers, but assist students with internships and workshops and seminars. I saw their career center and it has lots of staff -- about double the normal size than most schools.

Networking with colleagues and maybe your parents friends can help, but let's face it that doesn't account for those companies. Maybe they're students have something that the employers want. Employers don't waste their time going to schools that don't have what their looking for. They also have a page that details placements and stats -- even their annual reports: http://web.pace.edu/page.cfm?doc_id=7444

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

New York City, New York 43 Followers 41 Discussions

Hot Discussions