MBA OR MS IN FINANCE

I have a wok ex of 10+ years and 6+in banking. Gmat 560
IELTS 8, Toefl 95.
Have an offer from, HULT, Thunderbird , Tampa

which one is better and whether i sould go for MBA or MS in Finance.

I have a wok ex of 10+ years and 6+in banking. Gmat 560
IELTS 8, Toefl 95.
Have an offer from, HULT, Thunderbird , Tampa

which one is better and whether i sould go for MBA or MS in Finance.
Duncan

Go to Tampa; it has a much better reputation, not only because it's part of a university, but also because it's a traditional non-profit school.

Go to Tampa; it has a much better reputation, not only because it's part of a university, but also because it's a traditional non-profit school.

Dear Duncan thank you for your expert advice. I really appreciate the great work that you are doing in helping students with your knowledge. I would also request you to guide me whether I should go for an MBA or MS in finance. As I have already mentioned that I have a work experience of 10 years including 6 years in financial sector . I am 35 years old. I have decided to go for higher education as I do not have any formal education in finance and I am looking forward for a job in financial sector in USA. I am also open for opportunities any where across the globe.
My idea is to go for Ms in Finance right now and later go for executive MBA or EMBA from a highly ranked University by improving my GMAT score.
Or should I go for MBA with finance as an elective From Tampa. What do you think is a better option.

Dear Duncan thank you for your expert advice. I really appreciate the great work that you are doing in helping students with your knowledge. I would also request you to guide me whether I should go for an MBA or MS in finance. As I have already mentioned that I have a work experience of 10 years including 6 years in financial sector . I am 35 years old. I have decided to go for higher education as I do not have any formal education in finance and I am looking forward for a job in financial sector in USA. I am also open for opportunities any where across the globe.
My idea is to go for Ms in Finance right now and later go for executive MBA or EMBA from a highly ranked University by improving my GMAT score.
Or should I go for MBA with finance as an elective From Tampa. What do you think is a better option.

Duncan

I think you should get into the best school you can. Schools with the for-profit mindset like Hult and Thunderbird are not very selective (Thunderbird, of course, is in the middle of a huge crisis from which is might not survive). Tampa is a solid school, but there are much better schools.

Other things being equal, an MBA in finance is a more easily understood qualification than an MS, but an MS from a top school (Broad, Carey, Columbia, Dallas, Princeton, Rochester, Sloan, Smith, USC, Vanderbilt... etc) will be better than an MBA from Tampa.

I think you should get into the best school you can. Schools with the for-profit mindset like Hult and Thunderbird are not very selective (Thunderbird, of course, is in the middle of a huge crisis from which is might not survive). Tampa is a solid school, but there are much better schools.

Other things being equal, an MBA in finance is a more easily understood qualification than an MS, but an MS from a top school (Broad, Carey, Columbia, Dallas, Princeton, Rochester, Sloan, Smith, USC, Vanderbilt... etc) will be better than an MBA from Tampa.

Dear Duncan, one last question. How would you rate the following in decreasing order.
1 MS in Finance/MBA from University of Tampa
2. MBA from University of Delaware
3. MBA from University of colorado denver
4. MBA from University of Texas Dallas , Navin Jindal school

Dear Duncan, one last question. How would you rate the following in decreasing order.
1 MS in Finance/MBA from University of Tampa
2. MBA from University of Delaware
3. MBA from University of colorado denver
4. MBA from University of Texas Dallas , Navin Jindal school
Duncan

You can do this yourself: Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065

You can do this yourself: Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065

Curios as to why for-profit schools are regarded as lower tier? Would IE be in this camp as well then?

Curios as to why for-profit schools are regarded as lower tier? Would IE be in this camp as well then?
Duncan

Of course this thread is about schools in the USA where the inferior outcomes of for profit universities have been a topic of national concern. IE is an outlier and it is not well know to be a for profit school, and of course it makes a lot of the IE Foundation. But, as a rule of thumb, for profit schools are less selective than non profit schools.

Of course this thread is about schools in the USA where the inferior outcomes of for profit universities have been a topic of national concern. IE is an outlier and it is not well know to be a for profit school, and of course it makes a lot of the IE Foundation. But, as a rule of thumb, for profit schools are less selective than non profit schools.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 66 Discussions
Tampa, Florida 16 Followers 19 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 34 Followers 179 Discussions

Hot Discussions