MBA in MEDIA / Entertainment...more info for these

abhijazz

hi everyone,
im abhijazz from INDIA
im very eager to join MBA(MEDIA) in US...and i hav 3 yrs of work experience in media tv channels...
i am an electronics engineer (B.tech)
i am also a music composer and sound engineer.

i am intereted in MBA courses related to MEDIA and ENTERTAINMENT/STUDIOS

i found a similar query by haron(germany)
...and the institues adviced to him were

* Columbia Business School (CBS) (2-Year Full-Time MBA),
* Fordham University (2-Year Full-Time MBA),
* Leonard N. Stern B-School (NYU) (2-Year Full-Time MBA),
* Metropolitan College of New York (One-Year Full-Time),
* Lynn University

i want to know are thier any other institutes for these sort of MBA specializations in US

can i know the ranking of the institutes mentioned above and the GMAT score required for them
i did visit thier websites but colud not find the required informtion

i have to give GMAT next month..
will i be able to get admission in 'august' session ?

plz advice friends
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanx

hi everyone,
im abhijazz from INDIA
im very eager to join MBA(MEDIA) in US...and i hav 3 yrs of work experience in media tv channels...
i am an electronics engineer (B.tech)
i am also a music composer and sound engineer.

i am intereted in MBA courses related to MEDIA and ENTERTAINMENT/STUDIOS

i found a similar query by haron(germany)
...and the institues adviced to him were

* Columbia Business School (CBS) (2-Year Full-Time MBA),
* Fordham University (2-Year Full-Time MBA),
* Leonard N. Stern B-School (NYU) (2-Year Full-Time MBA),
* Metropolitan College of New York (One-Year Full-Time),
* Lynn University

i want to know are thier any other institutes for these sort of MBA specializations in US

can i know the ranking of the institutes mentioned above and the GMAT score required for them
i did visit thier websites but colud not find the required informtion

i have to give GMAT next month..
will i be able to get admission in 'august' session ?

plz advice friends
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanx

Hi, there are two more programs with concentrations in "media management" or "information management":
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
St. Edward's University, Austin
But I that's about it I think. For the GMAT requirement, best you contact each school, if you don't find it on the website.

Hi, there are two more programs with concentrations in "media management" or "information management":
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
St. Edward's University, Austin
But I that's about it I think. For the GMAT requirement, best you contact each school, if you don't find it on the website.
Linda_B

Other schools that offer Entertainment/Media focuses are UCLA and USC in California. I actually applied to USC and they have more of a tv/film focus.

Other schools that offer Entertainment/Media focuses are UCLA and USC in California. I actually applied to USC and they have more of a tv/film focus.
Lucho06

Hello, I'm Luis from Colombia. As I intend to do an MBA to enhance my career in the film business, I'd be curious to know about this one. Did you do this MBA in UCLA, can you tell me more?

Hello, I'm Luis from Colombia. As I intend to do an MBA to enhance my career in the film business, I'd be curious to know about this one. Did you do this MBA in UCLA, can you tell me more?
drjmpc

The MBA Media & Entertainment Conference
http://www.mbamec.com/

Wharton ? Ticketing
* Jonathan Salzburg [email protected]

This would likely be a good point of contact for a list of all 32 schools that were represented at the conference. This will give you an idea of all the MBA programs that make Media & Entertainment a priority.

of note:

Kelley School of Business [Indiana University]:
Offers a Traditional MBA program with traditional majors, but employs an Academies based system. One of the academies available is the Sports & Entertainment academy. This approach allows you to take a traditional skillset, and apply it to entertainment industry case studies, 4 day trips to NYC & LA visiting firms like MCA Music Publishing, NBC Universal, Oxygen Media, MLS/Soccer United Marketing, & the Houston Texans Football franchise. Academies are not yet available to Kelley Direct students [Online MBA program].

Sulfolk University has a Entertainment industry MBA, but it is heavily music industry influenced.

Hope that helps

The MBA Media & Entertainment Conference
http://www.mbamec.com/

Wharton ? Ticketing
* Jonathan Salzburg [email protected]

This would likely be a good point of contact for a list of all 32 schools that were represented at the conference. This will give you an idea of all the MBA programs that make Media & Entertainment a priority.

of note:

Kelley School of Business [Indiana University]:
Offers a Traditional MBA program with traditional majors, but employs an Academies based system. One of the academies available is the Sports & Entertainment academy. This approach allows you to take a traditional skillset, and apply it to entertainment industry case studies, 4 day trips to NYC & LA visiting firms like MCA Music Publishing, NBC Universal, Oxygen Media, MLS/Soccer United Marketing, & the Houston Texans Football franchise. Academies are not yet available to Kelley Direct students [Online MBA program].

Sulfolk University has a Entertainment industry MBA, but it is heavily music industry influenced.

Hope that helps

I had a look at the conference website, too bad, they don't enumerate those 32 MBAs. Could you name some more?
About Wharton I didn't know, that's interesting. Is that a concentration in media management or a double degree?

I had a look at the conference website, too bad, they don't enumerate those 32 MBAs. Could you name some more?
About Wharton I didn't know, that's interesting. Is that a concentration in media management or a double degree?
buktown

HI this is Dan,

Regarding rankings and GRE scores needed, I would check out Metropolitan College of New York. I graduated from there this past june 2007. www.mcny.edu or
www.mcny.edu/business/mediastudyabroad.php?mystudy?

It's a small school in NYC so they do make exceptions and do recruit people from out of the country.

Not many people know about this program, because the school doesn't rely on advertisments. Students from around the world research and go to this school.

The Metropolitan College of New York, MBA in Media Managment.
4 reasons this school could be better than the big colleges! (1) Professor Stephen R. Greenwald, created the program. He has run movie production and distribution companies. Some of the films in which he has been associated include: Dune, Conan the Barbarian, Blue Velvet, Crimes of the Heart, Manhunter and Author, Author. He is presently CEO of Odyssey Pictures Corporation and teaches one of the classes.

(2) All students go to a free 12 day study abroad trip (free hotel, plane, transportation, film festival passes, seminars etc,) to Europe as long as they are students of the MCNY program. Destinations have included the Cannes Film Festival or London and Paris to learn about world media.

(3) The program is completed in one year, 3 semesters a year!

(4) I graduated from this program, and can tell you, It was the best experience of my life and I got hired for Sony Pictures the moment I graduated 6/2007.

check out
www.mcny.edu or

Profile P.M.
Quote Edit

Reply to this post

HI this is Dan,

Regarding rankings and GRE scores needed, I would check out Metropolitan College of New York. I graduated from there this past june 2007. www.mcny.edu or

It's a small school in NYC so they do make exceptions and do recruit people from out of the country.

Not many people know about this program, because the school doesn't rely on advertisments. Students from around the world research and go to this school.

The Metropolitan College of New York, MBA in Media Managment.
4 reasons this school could be better than the big colleges! (1) Professor Stephen R. Greenwald, created the program. He has run movie production and distribution companies. Some of the films in which he has been associated include: Dune, Conan the Barbarian, Blue Velvet, Crimes of the Heart, Manhunter and Author, Author. He is presently CEO of Odyssey Pictures Corporation and teaches one of the classes.

(2) All students go to a free 12 day study abroad trip (free hotel, plane, transportation, film festival passes, seminars etc,) to Europe as long as they are students of the MCNY program. Destinations have included the Cannes Film Festival or London and Paris to learn about world media.

(3) The program is completed in one year, 3 semesters a year!

(4) I graduated from this program, and can tell you, It was the best experience of my life and I got hired for Sony Pictures the moment I graduated 6/2007.

check out
www.mcny.edu or

Profile P.M.
Quote Edit

Reply to this post

vaidhya

hi linda,
iam vaidhya from india. i have done my engineering in IT but my dreams are always to become an actor.. iam planning to do my mba in acting abroad... can u suggest me as to which course should i join and also in which good university..??

hi linda,
iam vaidhya from india. i have done my engineering in IT but my dreams are always to become an actor.. iam planning to do my mba in acting abroad... can u suggest me as to which course should i join and also in which good university..??

<blockquote>Other schools that offer Entertainment/Media focuses are UCLA and USC in California. I actually applied to USC and they have more of a tv/film focus.</blockquote>
Inactive User

I don't think there is such a thing as an MBA in acting Vaidhya! MBA stands for Master of Business Administration.

I don't think there is such a thing as an MBA in acting Vaidhya! MBA stands for Master of Business Administration.
vaidhya

linda, there is an upcoming course in india for MBA in media and entertainment... so asked if there is any course in a similar way in acting... is there any kinda course which involves more of acting exposure and in which university ?

linda, there is an upcoming course in india for MBA in media and entertainment... so asked if there is any course in a similar way in acting... is there any kinda course which involves more of acting exposure and in which university ?
vaidhya

lukeh, any MBA course which involves more of media and also in acting ??

lukeh, any MBA course which involves more of media and also in acting ??
a_mukerjee

Hello Vaidhya,

If you are interested in a high level degree in MEDIA/entertainment preparing you for the management of a cultural insitution, or for the production of cultural events, an MBA is for you. Skills taught are all around management and office work.
If want to become an actor yourself as you say, you are completely wrong on this board I'm afraid. An MBA by deifinition can never involve acting itself.
Did I explain it well, do you understand what I mean?
I wish you all the best for your career!
Attiya

Hello Vaidhya,

If you are interested in a high level degree in MEDIA/entertainment preparing you for the management of a cultural insitution, or for the production of cultural events, an MBA is for you. Skills taught are all around management and office work.
If want to become an actor yourself as you say, you are completely wrong on this board I'm afraid. An MBA by deifinition can never involve acting itself.
Did I explain it well, do you understand what I mean?
I wish you all the best for your career!
Attiya
vaidhya

thanks a lot... can u suggest some good MBA schools in Media and Entertainment ?

thanks a lot... can u suggest some good MBA schools in Media and Entertainment ?
apoorva

hello everyone, this is Apoorva from India.
I am a computer science engineering student and plan to take up my MBA program as soon as I am done with graduation.But business schools in US are quite rigid about the minimum 3 yr expierence rule and I find it a little hard. Is there any chance by which i can make it to one of the schools in US?
my second query is since i come from India, i find the tution fee as well as the accomodation a little to out of my hand,so comparitively on a global scale,which schools are affordable by students like me? and ofcourse it should be a worthwhile investment. I intend to do my MBA in the HR field, so any suggestions on affordable schools with globally recognised programs?

hello everyone, this is Apoorva from India.
I am a computer science engineering student and plan to take up my MBA program as soon as I am done with graduation.But business schools in US are quite rigid about the minimum 3 yr expierence rule and I find it a little hard. Is there any chance by which i can make it to one of the schools in US?
my second query is since i come from India, i find the tution fee as well as the accomodation a little to out of my hand,so comparitively on a global scale,which schools are affordable by students like me? and ofcourse it should be a worthwhile investment. I intend to do my MBA in the HR field, so any suggestions on affordable schools with globally recognised programs?

Alrite, I am so glad I founds these posts/forum. I am a Canadian (english/french and perfect spanish) and I recently decided, at 30, to do my MBA. I find that it is always something I wanted to do when I would be ready and it seems that this is the time. I did not know in what specific area but after experiencing and enjoying office management and doing television acting on the side I realized that the television environment is a pasion to me and so i thought of mixing both environmens.So, I decided to focus now on a career in Television management. My dream office job would be to work for some television channel as executive ie television programming etc. City for schooling: I love LA for what it offers (visited a few times) and I am looking, primarily, for a school there in where I can also do a solid internship. I have USC, UCLA, Peerdine so far...would anyone give me any advice on these three universities?.

Alrite, I am so glad I founds these posts/forum. I am a Canadian (english/french and perfect spanish) and I recently decided, at 30, to do my MBA. I find that it is always something I wanted to do when I would be ready and it seems that this is the time. I did not know in what specific area but after experiencing and enjoying office management and doing television acting on the side I realized that the television environment is a pasion to me and so i thought of mixing both environmens.So, I decided to focus now on a career in Television management. My dream office job would be to work for some television channel as executive ie television programming etc. City for schooling: I love LA for what it offers (visited a few times) and I am looking, primarily, for a school there in where I can also do a solid internship. I have USC, UCLA, Peerdine so far...would anyone give me any advice on these three universities?.

Can u suggest me good universities in UK for MBA in media and communications

Can u suggest me good universities in UK for MBA in media and communications
jeffrese

The Metropolitan College of New York MBA program is a waste of time and money. I can't believe they are still accredited. MCNY accreditation cheapens all higher learning facilities with legitimate accreditation. It's a business, not a school. All they care about is letting anybody enter as long as they have money or access to loans. Don't go there, or better yet, go there and tour the "campus" and decide for yourself. It's nothing more than a rip off factory that will take your money and hand you a worthless degree that will not help you get a job. Check out mcnymba(dot)com.

The Metropolitan College of New York MBA program is a waste of time and money. I can't believe they are still accredited. MCNY accreditation cheapens all higher learning facilities with legitimate accreditation. It's a business, not a school. All they care about is letting anybody enter as long as they have money or access to loans. Don't go there, or better yet, go there and tour the "campus" and decide for yourself. It's nothing more than a rip off factory that will take your money and hand you a worthless degree that will not help you get a job. Check out mcnymba(dot)com.

Hello Vaidhya,
Can you help me with the following details:-
1. WHat management positions are available in Mass communication world ?
2. Is MBA a Must and more specifically whether an MBA in Mass communication a must
3. Can one do Marketing MBA and then move into these roles in mass communication management?

Hello Vaidhya,
Can you help me with the following details:-
1. WHat management positions are available in Mass communication world ?
2. Is MBA a Must and more specifically whether an MBA in Mass communication a must
3. Can one do Marketing MBA and then move into these roles in mass communication management?
Ms Nyce

Hello Vaidhya
There is a program where you can do business and acting. NYU has a dual degree program and you can obtain an MBA & MFA ( Master of Fine Arts). The MBA program has specializations in entertainment and media from a business prospective and the MFA is for acting. You can choose to do one or the other or both.
Generally if you are interesting in acting only you should check out schools with an MFA program. But for acting you can go to reputable acting schools as opposed to a university.
All the best

Hello Vaidhya
There is a program where you can do business and acting. NYU has a dual degree program and you can obtain an MBA & MFA ( Master of Fine Arts). The MBA program has specializations in entertainment and media from a business prospective and the MFA is for acting. You can choose to do one or the other or both.
Generally if you are interesting in acting only you should check out schools with an MFA program. But for acting you can go to reputable acting schools as opposed to a university.
All the best

Thanks Nyce. for the info

but are there are any 1 year MBA only programs in UK or US which could help get intothsi industry
alternatively would u syggest doing a General MBA to get into General/mktg profiels in this industry?

Thanks Nyce. for the info

but are there are any 1 year MBA only programs in UK or US which could help get intothsi industry
alternatively would u syggest doing a General MBA to get into General/mktg profiels in this industry?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 89 Followers 147 Discussions
Austin, Texas 3 Followers 1 Discussion
New York City, New York 20 Followers 14 Discussions
Carbondale, Illinois 4 Followers 3 Discussions
Boca Raton, Florida 6 Followers 4 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 67 Followers 172 Discussions
Bloomington, Indiana 41 Followers 82 Discussions
New York City, New York 177 Followers 249 Discussions
New York City, New York 49 Followers 73 Discussions
New York City, New York 158 Followers 259 Discussions
Boston, Massachusetts 26 Followers 28 Discussions
Los Angeles, California 45 Followers 47 Discussions
Los Angeles, California 103 Followers 120 Discussions
Hamburg, Germany 1 Follower 1 Discussion

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

MBA Programs in the Entertainment Field: Lights! Camera! Netflix?

Article May 31, 2018

Entertainment MBA programs are uniquely positioned to prepare graduates for an industry in transition.