MBA from UC Riverside?

duttada18

Hi,
I got admitted to University of California Riverside MBA program. School is also giving my scholarship (amount not known yet).
Can anyone please tell me about the program, its reputation etc.? Also, please tell me about the job-prospects after competing the program?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards..

Hi,
I got admitted to University of California Riverside MBA program. School is also giving my scholarship (amount not known yet).
Can anyone please tell me about the program, its reputation etc.? Also, please tell me about the job-prospects after competing the program?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards..
ralph

It isn't normally ranked as well as some of the other schools in the UC system (Haas, or the other Anderson (UCLA)), but that said it is a decent internationally accredited program - and generally draws a young cohort (many Californians.)

One thing that it has going for it is has a pretty robust innovation/entrepreneurship offering (the business school houses the Sloan Center for Internet Research, which is doing some interesting consumer behavioral studies.) So if those are areas you are interested in pursuing, they would be there for you.

On the other hand, depending on your GMAT score and work experience, I'd encourage you to apply for some "reach" schools like Stanford (if you are indeed pursuing an entrepreneurial focus,) UCLA, or even UC Irvine. An MBA from any of those will generally carry more weight than one from Riverside - and may be a better investment in the long run, even considering the scholarship.

It isn't normally ranked as well as some of the other schools in the UC system (Haas, or the other Anderson (UCLA)), but that said it is a decent internationally accredited program - and generally draws a young cohort (many Californians.)

One thing that it has going for it is has a pretty robust innovation/entrepreneurship offering (the business school houses the Sloan Center for Internet Research, which is doing some interesting consumer behavioral studies.) So if those are areas you are interested in pursuing, they would be there for you.

On the other hand, depending on your GMAT score and work experience, I'd encourage you to apply for some "reach" schools like Stanford (if you are indeed pursuing an entrepreneurial focus,) UCLA, or even UC Irvine. An MBA from any of those will generally carry more weight than one from Riverside - and may be a better investment in the long run, even considering the scholarship.
duttada18

Thanks a lot for your reply Duncan. It really helps..

Thanks a lot for your reply Duncan. It really helps..
Duncan

That reply was from Ralph, not me ;-) He really knows the US much better than I do.

That reply was from Ralph, not me ;-) He really knows the US much better than I do.
duttada18

Hi,
Sorry for the typo..
Thanks a lot Ralph for all your help..

@ Duncan : Thanks for correcting me..

Best Regards..

Hi,
Sorry for the typo..
Thanks a lot Ralph for all your help..

@ Duncan : Thanks for correcting me..

Best Regards..
sharathn

Hi Ralph / Duncan,
I got an admission offer from UCR. I have 4.5yrs of work ex (3yrs IT and 1yr Ops dev for online retailing). My GMAT score is 690
I am interested in purusing a career related to ecommerce. I know that UCR has Sloan center for internet retailing. I want to know how industries think about UCR MBAs. Their profile on businessweek says that mean salary is $ 114K. But I am little skeptical about it.
It would be very helpful to know your views.

Thanks

Hi Ralph / Duncan,
I got an admission offer from UCR. I have 4.5yrs of work ex (3yrs IT and 1yr Ops dev for online retailing). My GMAT score is 690
I am interested in purusing a career related to ecommerce. I know that UCR has Sloan center for internet retailing. I want to know how industries think about UCR MBAs. Their profile on businessweek says that mean salary is $ 114K. But I am little skeptical about it.

Thanks
Duncan

I'll leave this to Ralph. I don't see how you can be skeptical about the BusinessWeek data.

I'll leave this to Ralph. I don't see how you can be skeptical about the BusinessWeek data.
ralph

Just curious - did you apply at any other schools? Seems like you might be competitive at higher-ranked programs.

In terms of ecommerce, firms like Verizon and Syntel recruit UCR Anderson students; but in actuality, they place more people in finance and in local government environments.

I'm curious about that $114k average salary as well. If that's true, that average is more than the average of BW's top-ranked school, Chicago Booth. And even the Booth stats are inflated: Booth says its most recent class is making $107k (median) vs. $116k in the BW stats. Something's fishy.

Hi Ralph / Duncan,

Thanks

Just curious - did you apply at any other schools? Seems like you might be competitive at higher-ranked programs.

In terms of ecommerce, firms like Verizon and Syntel recruit UCR Anderson students; but in actuality, they place more people in finance and in local government environments.

I'm curious about that $114k average salary as well. If that's true, that average is more than the average of BW's top-ranked school, Chicago Booth. And even the Booth stats are inflated: Booth says its most recent class is making $107k (median) vs. $116k in the BW stats. Something's fishy.

<blockquote>Hi Ralph / Duncan,

Thanks</blockquote>
sharathn

Ralph,
I have applied for University of Florida option A and university of Illinois.
UF admission team hasn't given me any update on the status of my application even after mailing them. So m guessing that it's not gonna be converted.
I am lookin at some more programs like ASU and university of Arizona, Henley and Bradford in UK.
Is there any other good schools that I can look at with a budget of $ 60k. Also schools that can offer good scholarships.
Oh btw I am one of those typical Indian IT profiles but with some good experience in operations of online retailing

Thanks

Ralph,
I have applied for University of Florida option A and university of Illinois.
UF admission team hasn't given me any update on the status of my application even after mailing them. So m guessing that it's not gonna be converted.
I am lookin at some more programs like ASU and university of Arizona, Henley and Bradford in UK.
Is there any other good schools that I can look at with a budget of $ 60k. Also schools that can offer good scholarships.
Oh btw I am one of those typical Indian IT profiles but with some good experience in operations of online retailing

Thanks

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Berkeley, California 100 Followers 116 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions
Chicago, Illinois 22 Followers 21 Discussions
Springfield, Illinois 3 Followers 1 Discussion
Tempe, Arizona 26 Followers 65 Discussions
Irvine, California 41 Followers 40 Discussions
Reading, United Kingdom 21 Followers 207 Discussions
Tucson, Arizona 6 Followers 18 Discussions
Chicago, Illinois 42 Followers 149 Discussions
Los Angeles, California 89 Followers 147 Discussions
Champaign, Illinois 35 Followers 80 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

A Place in the Sun: MBA Programs in California

Article May 08, 2010

Nice weather aside, California is still the place to go for those seeking the next big thing.

Hot Discussions