MBA: Brand Management for Automobiles

Hi everyone,

I am a Production Engineer with a Marketing experience (general - 1 yr) and Production & Supply Chain experience (Automobile - 2yr).
Owing to my immense interest in automobile industry & brand management, I wanted to know if I can get any guidance for doing an MBA Luxury Brand Management which will help me exposure learn the Luxury Automobile companies & offer good apportunities catering to my particular interest.
I have searched using earlier threads regarding ESSEC & HEC in Franceand also an Institute in Italy but unable to find an answer to my need.
Does US have better options or is Europe the best destination for studying Brand Management (of Automobiles / Luxury Automobiles)?

PL HELP with your inputs & experiences.

Cheers!
Aditya

Hi everyone,

I am a Production Engineer with a Marketing experience (general - 1 yr) and Production & Supply Chain experience (Automobile - 2yr).
Owing to my immense interest in automobile industry & brand management, I wanted to know if I can get any guidance for doing an MBA Luxury Brand Management which will help me exposure learn the Luxury Automobile companies & offer good apportunities catering to my particular interest.
I have searched using earlier threads regarding ESSEC & HEC in Franceand also an Institute in Italy but unable to find an answer to my need.
Does US have better options or is Europe the best destination for studying Brand Management (of Automobiles / Luxury Automobiles)?

PL HELP with your inputs & experiences.

Cheers!
Aditya
Duncan

There are so few jobs for luxury brand managers in the auto industry. It's unreasonable to assume there would be an MBA program, or even an elective, focussed on that. Are you sure that people in these roles have been hired from MBA programmes?

There are so few jobs for luxury brand managers in the auto industry. It's unreasonable to assume there would be an MBA program, or even an elective, focussed on that. Are you sure that people in these roles have been hired from MBA programmes?

Hello Duncan,

Thanks for your response. For your query, I am looking for an MBA in Brand Management with a possibility of exposure to auto sector. Obviously, if not easily possible, I will approach the same myself or also gladly continue in other luxury products. Just that my preference was auto.. followed by other sectors.
Can you pl help me in this regard. If any schools have good links with the auto sector too or should I continue in a brand management & then approach the companies if I feel the need.
And yes, a lot of auto companies these days are emplolying due to competition in new markets (like India, Brazil, China, etc) Pl correct me if I am wrong.
Waiting for your valuable inputs. Thanks.

Hello Duncan,

Thanks for your response. For your query, I am looking for an MBA in Brand Management with a possibility of exposure to auto sector. Obviously, if not easily possible, I will approach the same myself or also gladly continue in other luxury products. Just that my preference was auto.. followed by other sectors.
Can you pl help me in this regard. If any schools have good links with the auto sector too or should I continue in a brand management & then approach the companies if I feel the need.
And yes, a lot of auto companies these days are emplolying due to competition in new markets (like India, Brazil, China, etc) Pl correct me if I am wrong.
Waiting for your valuable inputs. Thanks.
Duncan

MBAs in auto-industry brand roles are typically coming from MBAs in regions that make a lot of cars, and especially around Detroit, New Dehli, São Paulo and Mumbai. Take a look at:
University of Michigan
Fundação Getúlio Vargas
Wayne State University
Michigan State
University of Pune
Oakland University
Kettering University

MBAs in auto-industry brand roles are typically coming from MBAs in regions that make a lot of cars, and especially around Detroit, New Dehli, São Paulo and Mumbai. Take a look at:
University of Michigan
Fundação Getúlio Vargas
Wayne State University
Michigan State
University of Pune
Oakland University
Kettering University
ezra

MBAs in auto-industry brand roles are typically coming from MBAs in regions that make a lot of cars, and especially around Detroit, New Dehli, São Paulo and Mumbai.

Indeed. And the main problem is that programs that offer good programs in luxury management are nowhere near these cities (ESSEC's in the Paris area; NYU Stern is in New York; SDA Bocconi is in Milan.)

One thing you could do is approach some of the top luxury programs and see about the possibility of doing an internship or a project in an auto company of your choosing. Keep in mind that this would be a very unique approach, since, for example, there is a definite leaning towards cosmetic and retail companies in the ESSEC students' internship choices.

But who knows? I mean, Ferarri's headquarters are not that far from SDA Bocconi. Might be something to look into.

<blockquote>MBAs in auto-industry brand roles are typically coming from MBAs in regions that make a lot of cars, and especially around Detroit, New Dehli, São Paulo and Mumbai. </blockquote>
Indeed. And the main problem is that programs that offer good programs in luxury management are nowhere near these cities (ESSEC's in the Paris area; NYU Stern is in New York; SDA Bocconi is in Milan.)

One thing you could do is approach some of the top luxury programs and see about the possibility of doing an internship or a project in an auto company of your choosing. Keep in mind that this would be a very unique approach, since, for example, there is a definite leaning towards cosmetic and retail companies in the ESSEC students' internship choices.

But who knows? I mean, Ferarri's headquarters are not that far from SDA Bocconi. Might be something to look into.
Duncan

The other option would be to study at one and exchange to the other.

The other option would be to study at one and exchange to the other.
satish15

http://www.linkedin.com/in/abhishekpai

http://www.linkedin.com/in/abhishekpai

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Detroit, Michigan 5 Followers 6 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
East Lansing, Michigan 20 Followers 58 Discussions
Rochester, Michigan 7 Followers 1 Discussion
Full Profile
Cergy-Pontoise, France 41 Followers 185 Discussions
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 5 Followers 6 Discussions
Pune (M.S.), India 1 Follower 5 Discussions
São Paulo, Brazil 8 Followers 22 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions