Low GPA & No GMAT

kfupm

Hi,

I am a U.S Citizen (Dual Citizenship) living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

I Graduated from King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (Bachelor's of Science in Management).

King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)

Also it is ranked #1 in the Middle East and among the top 2% universities world wide.

I would like to know if it is possible to apply and gain admission for an MBA Program with no GMAT & TOEFL.

I am planning to enroll for an MBA degree soon.

Please could you provide me with additional information related to regular/conditional admission.

Please note that:

Undergraduate GPA: 2.192

Work Experience: 1 Year (Foreign Exchange Dealer) in Treasury for Local Saudi Bank

TOEFL: My undergraduate program Language of Instruction is English (Stated on the back of the Official Transcript)

GMAT: Not taken

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks in Advance and Best Regards,

Hi,

I am a U.S Citizen (Dual Citizenship) living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

I Graduated from King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (Bachelor's of Science in Management).

King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)

Also it is ranked #1 in the Middle East and among the top 2% universities world wide.

I would like to know if it is possible to apply and gain admission for an MBA Program with no GMAT & TOEFL.

I am planning to enroll for an MBA degree soon.

Please could you provide me with additional information related to regular/conditional admission.

Please note that:

Undergraduate GPA: 2.192

Work Experience: 1 Year (Foreign Exchange Dealer) in Treasury for Local Saudi Bank

TOEFL: My undergraduate program Language of Instruction is English (Stated on the back of the Official Transcript)

GMAT: Not taken

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks in Advance and Best Regards,

D.jung

this subject is probably the hottest topic in every MBA forum on the net! we had also lots of discussions about it here. see for exemple:

http://www.find-mba.com/board/2338

in short: there are some schools offering MBA programs that don't ask for GMAT, but the really good one usually do. also - if they don't ask for GMAT they will look for a higher GPA or impressive work experience. i can see you stated you have 1 year of work experience. this is a bit on the low side, as most good programs will require at least 3.

i would suggest you wait 2 more years, take a GMAT test(your English seems to be pretty good) and then go for a highly ranked MBA, which will really help to boost your carrier!

good luck,

D.j

this subject is probably the hottest topic in every MBA forum on the net! we had also lots of discussions about it here. see for exemple:

http://www.find-mba.com/board/2338

in short: there are some schools offering MBA programs that don't ask for GMAT, but the really good one usually do. also - if they don't ask for GMAT they will look for a higher GPA or impressive work experience. i can see you stated you have 1 year of work experience. this is a bit on the low side, as most good programs will require at least 3.

i would suggest you wait 2 more years, take a GMAT test(your English seems to be pretty good) and then go for a highly ranked MBA, which will really help to boost your carrier!

good luck,

D.j

sally

Is there a reason you are not able to take the GMAT? I'm guessing maybe there's no testing location near where you live?

There are actually quite a few schools in the US that don't require it. But usually they will instead require a high GPA or a lot of work experience. Because you have neither of those, it would be in your best interest to take the GMAT and do your best to score well. If you get an above average score it could offset the low GPA and little work experience.

Also, some universities -- especially those outside of the U.S. -- have their own admissions exam. For example, I've been looking at Spanish schools, and one called IE has its own admission exam: http://imba.ie.edu/admissions.php
But I think in this case, and others, you'd still have to travel to the school (presumably in another country) and take it. So you might just be better off taking the GMAT once and getting it over with! Then you're ready to apply anywhere..

You typically don't need to take the TOEFL if you went to an English undergraduate program. On most apps it seems you can check that as a reason to waive taking it.

Is there a reason you are not able to take the GMAT? I'm guessing maybe there's no testing location near where you live?

There are actually quite a few schools in the US that don't require it. But usually they will instead require a high GPA or a lot of work experience. Because you have neither of those, it would be in your best interest to take the GMAT and do your best to score well. If you get an above average score it could offset the low GPA and little work experience.

Also, some universities -- especially those outside of the U.S. -- have their own admissions exam. For example, I've been looking at Spanish schools, and one called IE has its own admission exam: http://imba.ie.edu/admissions.php
But I think in this case, and others, you'd still have to travel to the school (presumably in another country) and take it. So you might just be better off taking the GMAT once and getting it over with! Then you're ready to apply anywhere..

You typically don't need to take the TOEFL if you went to an English undergraduate program. On most apps it seems you can check that as a reason to waive taking it.
happy

good schools require GMAT GPA (good scores), lower tier school ask for nothing just money but they cant guarantee jobs. for good schools GPA required = min 3 and GMAT =600
but there are thousands of schools and you need to search what is good in your case. If you are guaranteed job in Saudia
after the degree you can go for any second tier university get your MBA and upgrade your qualification get high salary, this all varies case to case.Good Luck

good schools require GMAT GPA (good scores), lower tier school ask for nothing just money but they cant guarantee jobs. for good schools GPA required = min 3 and GMAT =600
but there are thousands of schools and you need to search what is good in your case. If you are guaranteed job in Saudia
after the degree you can go for any second tier university get your MBA and upgrade your qualification get high salary, this all varies case to case.Good Luck

Reply to Post

Other Related Content

Can a Low GPA Hurt Your MBA Admissions Chances?

Article Aug 20, 2014

Undergrad performance is important for MBA admissions, but it's not everything