GMAT 480 chartered accountant with 10 yrs exp

Hi

I am a chartered accountant with 10 yrs experience. My GMAT score is 480 and it's a bit difficult to retake the test. Which schools in the USA can I apply to? I am looking to do my MBA in finance related fields.

Thanks in advance.

Ram

Hi

I am a chartered accountant with 10 yrs experience. My GMAT score is 480 and it's a bit difficult to retake the test. Which schools in the USA can I apply to? I am looking to do my MBA in finance related fields.

Thanks in advance.

Ram
ralph

You're going to find it hard to find an MBA program that is strong in finance with a GMAT score that low. Finance is a highly quantitative field; if your GMAT score is high you can reasonably be expected to have good quantitative skills and excel in the MBA.

So the short story is that you should focus your GMAT skills and retake the test, aiming for at least 650 or higher. Higher, preferably: the American schools that are strong in finance, such as NYU Stern, Chicago Booth, Wharton, etc... all have average GMAT scores of over 700.

You're going to find it hard to find an MBA program that is strong in finance with a GMAT score that low. Finance is a highly quantitative field; if your GMAT score is high you can reasonably be expected to have good quantitative skills and excel in the MBA.

So the short story is that you should focus your GMAT skills and retake the test, aiming for at least 650 or higher. Higher, preferably: the American schools that are strong in finance, such as NYU Stern, Chicago Booth, Wharton, etc... all have average GMAT scores of over 700.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Chicago, Illinois 42 Followers 149 Discussions
New York City, New York 177 Followers 249 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 67 Followers 172 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

Can a Low GMAT Score Kill Your B-School Dreams?

Article Aug 30, 2013

Why your GMAT score is important, and what it tells MBA admissions people about you

Top Business Schools for Finance or Financial Services

Top List

Strictly in terms of salaries, there are very few job paths that are more lucrative than a career in financial services. These are the 10 best MBA programs to break into the field

Hot Discussions