Evaluate Profile

laith

i would like to know my chances to get into one of these b-schools as i got 530 on GMAT first time, unluckily on the second time i got 480 .
I have 7 years working experience as senior business analyst 77.3/100 GPA, and i am from Jordan.

Schools i am thinking to apply to are:
1- Thunderbird school of global management.
2- Katz business school
3- Suny Buffalo
4- William & Mary
5- Kogod business school

please let me know whether i have chance to be accepted, and if you can suggest some schools that match my profile.

I am looking to work on IT consulting after graduation

i would like to know my chances to get into one of these b-schools as i got 530 on GMAT first time, unluckily on the second time i got 480 .
I have 7 years working experience as senior business analyst 77.3/100 GPA, and i am from Jordan.

Schools i am thinking to apply to are:
1- Thunderbird school of global management.
2- Katz business school
3- Suny Buffalo
4- William & Mary
5- Kogod business school

please let me know whether i have chance to be accepted, and if you can suggest some schools that match my profile.

I am looking to work on IT consulting after graduation
Razors Edg...

Kogod's your best bet, but honestly, you'd be a hard sell at any of these schools without a 600+ GMAT score.

As for suggestions... I've heard that Hult is pretty flexible on low GMAT scores for some students. Otherwise, one of the California State Universities? Long Beach?

Kogod's your best bet, but honestly, you'd be a hard sell at any of these schools without a 600+ GMAT score.

As for suggestions... I've heard that Hult is pretty flexible on low GMAT scores for some students. Otherwise, one of the California State Universities? Long Beach?
Duncan

Yes, I never heard of Hult turning down anyone. Take a look at: Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065

Yes, I never heard of Hult turning down anyone. Take a look at: Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065
laith

Thank you Razor & Duncan, honestly i am not interested in HULT as they have campus in Dubai where do i live.

I am interested to do a 2 years MBA for different reasons, to shift my career and change my career into consulting.

I heard that i have better chance to be accepted as i am from Middle east i am not sure how accurate is this info.

so do you recommend another schools !?

Thank you Razor & Duncan, honestly i am not interested in HULT as they have campus in Dubai where do i live.

I am interested to do a 2 years MBA for different reasons, to shift my career and change my career into consulting.

I heard that i have better chance to be accepted as i am from Middle east i am not sure how accurate is this info.

so do you recommend another schools !?
Duncan

I would recommend other schools. Use the approach in the post I linked to above.

I would recommend other schools. Use the approach in the post I linked to above.
laith

Does it worth it to study on these schools as i already make around 60K tax free, after graduation from such school am i going to increase my salary ? or i have to look to better school to increase my current salary ?

Does it worth it to study on these schools as i already make around 60K tax free, after graduation from such school am i going to increase my salary ? or i have to look to better school to increase my current salary ?
Duncan

That seems like a good question to ask an IT consultant in Dubai. Obviously the alumni of the top programmes in the UAE (LBS, Cass and Insead) will have much higher salaries. If you are limiting your focus to Dubai then that's a really micro-level question.

That seems like a good question to ask an IT consultant in Dubai. Obviously the alumni of the top programmes in the UAE (LBS, Cass and Insead) will have much higher salaries. If you are limiting your focus to Dubai then that's a really micro-level question.
laith

Honestly i am looking to work in US and gain experience from there by working on one of the 500 fortune companies, however i don't want after investing money and losing income get lower salary than the one i am already taking, this thing really confuses me as unluckily i didn't increase my GMAT score to be able to apply to better schools.

I am working on my GMAT to re-take for the 3rd time, though i am looking to find a decent school in case i didn't increase the score like on my second trial.

Honestly i am looking to work in US and gain experience from there by working on one of the 500 fortune companies, however i don't want after investing money and losing income get lower salary than the one i am already taking, this thing really confuses me as unluckily i didn't increase my GMAT score to be able to apply to better schools.

I am working on my GMAT to re-take for the 3rd time, though i am looking to find a decent school in case i didn't increase the score like on my second trial.
Duncan

Maybe look at these ten: http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/7-29-155-234-267-269-287-325-348-365/San-Jose-State-University-Lucas-CA-vs-Florida-Atlantic-University-FL-vs-University-of-Utah-Eccles-UT-vs-University-of-Portland-Pamplin-OR-vs-Howard-University-DC-vs-Oklahoma-State-University-Spears-vs-Oakland-University-vs-University-of-Nebraska-Omaha-NE-vs-Clark-Atlanta-University-GA-vs-University-of-Michigan-Flint-MI

Maybe look at these ten: http://business-schools.findthebest.com/compare/7-29-155-234-267-269-287-325-348-365/San-Jose-State-University-Lucas-CA-vs-Florida-Atlantic-University-FL-vs-University-of-Utah-Eccles-UT-vs-University-of-Portland-Pamplin-OR-vs-Howard-University-DC-vs-Oklahoma-State-University-Spears-vs-Oakland-University-vs-University-of-Nebraska-Omaha-NE-vs-Clark-Atlanta-University-GA-vs-University-of-Michigan-Flint-MI

Hi Duncan,

I just read some of your posts and they are extremely helpful. One question that came up to mind when I read you said you had not seen HULT turn anyone down, I was looking into researching that school, is it a bad school?

Hi Duncan,

I just read some of your posts and they are extremely helpful. One question that came up to mind when I read you said you had not seen HULT turn anyone down, I was looking into researching that school, is it a bad school?
Duncan

I think it's fairly positioned in the market. It's not a top-tier school, obviously. It doesn't have AACSB or EQUIS accreditation. It's not a traditional business school, in the sense that neither most of its teachers nor deans are PhDs, let alone professional academics. It is tenacious in defending its reputation legally, so there's not much I can add to what remains on the big thread called "Hult" on this website. Read through it.

I think it's fairly positioned in the market. It's not a top-tier school, obviously. It doesn't have AACSB or EQUIS accreditation. It's not a traditional business school, in the sense that neither most of its teachers nor deans are PhDs, let alone professional academics. It is tenacious in defending its reputation legally, so there's not much I can add to what remains on the big thread called "Hult" on this website. Read through it.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Washington, District of Columbia 7 Followers 24 Discussions
Buffalo, New York 24 Followers 53 Discussions
Williamsburg, Virginia 8 Followers 31 Discussions
Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 66 Discussions
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 31 Followers 55 Discussions

Other Related Content

Can a Low GMAT Score Kill Your B-School Dreams?

Article Aug 30, 2013

Why your GMAT score is important, and what it tells MBA admissions people about you

Final Year of my MBA - Part 1 (Blog#8)

Blog on Apr 02, 2020

While returning to school I realized that the upcoming year would probably...