Eligibility for Graduate courses

Hi All,

I have a 3 year bachelor in commerce degree from a recognised university in India. But it's done through distance learning.

1) will I be eligible for applying MS / MBA graduate courses in USA?

2) Some colleges need 4 yr education. Will a 2 year distance education master degree from a recognised university in India count for the fourth year?

To add, I have 8 years of experience in IT, mainly in IT infrastructure support, Release Management and Little bit of Project Management.
I started working when I was 18, so my undergraduate degree is done through distance education.
I have a GMAT score of 600 without much preperation or planning.
I can re write GMAT to get a score b/w 650 and 700.

Please suggest what would be the best course of action and the schools I should target.

Hi All,

I have a 3 year bachelor in commerce degree from a recognised university in India. But it's done through distance learning.

1) will I be eligible for applying MS / MBA graduate courses in USA?

2) Some colleges need 4 yr education. Will a 2 year distance education master degree from a recognised university in India count for the fourth year?

To add, I have 8 years of experience in IT, mainly in IT infrastructure support, Release Management and Little bit of Project Management.
I started working when I was 18, so my undergraduate degree is done through distance education.
I have a GMAT score of 600 without much preperation or planning.
I can re write GMAT to get a score b/w 650 and 700.

Please suggest what would be the best course of action and the schools I should target.
Duncan

I think most accredited MBA programmes will look for the equivalent of a four year degree, and a masters or diploma will meet that requirement. Most schools will look at post-graduate work experience, but some schools may be flexible with you.

Get the highest GMAT score possible, and clarify your career goals. Also read these posts:-
GMAT Tiers - strong schools for your GMAT www.find-mba.com/board/27082

How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

I think most accredited MBA programmes will look for the equivalent of a four year degree, and a masters or diploma will meet that requirement. Most schools will look at post-graduate work experience, but some schools may be flexible with you.

Get the highest GMAT score possible, and clarify your career goals. Also read these posts:-
GMAT Tiers - strong schools for your GMAT www.find-mba.com/board/27082

How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

The Myth of the 800 GMAT

The Myth of the 800 GMAT
ralph

The Myth of the 800 GMAT

It's not a myth; every year a handful of people get a perfect score on the GMAT. I don't know how much value an 800 score adds to your profile versus a 760 or 780, say, but I guess some people are just perfectionists.

<blockquote>The Myth of the 800 GMAT</blockquote>
It's not a myth; every year a handful of people get a perfect score on the GMAT. I don't know how much value an 800 score adds to your profile versus a 760 or 780, say, but I guess some people are just perfectionists.

Reply to Post

Hot Discussions