Critique my application strategy

Hi all!

I am getting ready to submit my applications for a few US business schools. I wonder if anybody could give me some feedback on the schools I am applying for?

I work in marketing. I've been in marketing roles for about 4.5 years. I'd like to move into consulting, or perhaps start my own marketing business. I have scored 700 on my most recent GMAT attempt. So I plan on applying to the following schools for round one application deadlines:

- Kellogg (reach school)
- UCLA Anderson
- Cornell
- Emory (safety school)

I am wondering about my chances at these schools, or if somebody can recommend others that I should apply to instead. But I need to be quick, because round one deadlines are coming up!

Thanks!

Hi all!

I am getting ready to submit my applications for a few US business schools. I wonder if anybody could give me some feedback on the schools I am applying for?

I work in marketing. I've been in marketing roles for about 4.5 years. I'd like to move into consulting, or perhaps start my own marketing business. I have scored 700 on my most recent GMAT attempt. So I plan on applying to the following schools for round one application deadlines:

- Kellogg (reach school)
- UCLA Anderson
- Cornell
- Emory (safety school)

I am wondering about my chances at these schools, or if somebody can recommend others that I should apply to instead. But I need to be quick, because round one deadlines are coming up!

Thanks!
ezra

It sounds like a reasonable strategy, and I think that you're in the ballpark for all of these schools, even Kellogg.

For a career in consulting, you might also consider Duke. The school has strong recruiting relationships with the big firms, and a good number of grads go into Bain, Deloitte, McKinsey, etc.

It sounds like a reasonable strategy, and I think that you're in the ballpark for all of these schools, even Kellogg.

For a career in consulting, you might also consider Duke. The school has strong recruiting relationships with the big firms, and a good number of grads go into Bain, Deloitte, McKinsey, etc.

Thank you, Ezra. I've added Duke to my list.

Thank you, Ezra. I've added Duke to my list.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 89 Followers 147 Discussions
Atlanta, Georgia 33 Followers 65 Discussions
Evanston, Illinois 71 Followers 205 Discussions
Ithaca, New York 89 Followers 136 Discussions
Durham, North Carolina 52 Followers 103 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

Hot Discussions