Best US Schools to Get a Job in Europe

Does anybody know any good US MBA programs if I want to eventually land a job in Europe? Specifically: which business schools have good networks in French-speaking countries, ie France, Switzerland, Belgium, etc.)?

Am I right in thinking that top schools like Columbia, Wharton, Booth, etc. have decent-sized networks globally?

Does anybody know any good US MBA programs if I want to eventually land a job in Europe? Specifically: which business schools have good networks in French-speaking countries, ie France, Switzerland, Belgium, etc.)?

Am I right in thinking that top schools like Columbia, Wharton, Booth, etc. have decent-sized networks globally?

Duncan

I don't understand why you'd want to study in the US to find work in Europe.

The schools you mention are large, but not many recruiters will go to them to hire in Europe. Booth stands out because it has two people working on careers services in London, where they have an EMBA campus. But I think your best best will be to study in France (Of course French is spoken as a minority language in Belgium and Switzerland: most MBA opportunities will require Dutch or German, respectively).

If you are obliged to study in the US, then pick one of the schools which has an exchange agreement with HEC. It's the top French school and had many exchange programmes and even double degree programmes with US universities. make it clear when you apply that you want to come to HEC. Booth stands out as HEC partner with a campus in Europe: http://www.mba.hec.edu/Explore-the-program/International-partners/(level2)/412

Frankly, I think you should apply to HEC and take the MBA there.

I don't understand why you'd want to study in the US to find work in Europe.

The schools you mention are large, but not many recruiters will go to them to hire in Europe. Booth stands out because it has two people working on careers services in London, where they have an EMBA campus. But I think your best best will be to study in France (Of course French is spoken as a minority language in Belgium and Switzerland: most MBA opportunities will require Dutch or German, respectively).

If you are obliged to study in the US, then pick one of the schools which has an exchange agreement with HEC. It's the top French school and had many exchange programmes and even double degree programmes with US universities. make it clear when you apply that you want to come to HEC. Booth stands out as HEC partner with a campus in Europe: http://www.mba.hec.edu/Explore-the-program/International-partners/(level2)/412

Frankly, I think you should apply to HEC and take the MBA there.

You're right, Duncan - I should really do my MBA in France. But I'm in the US until my wife is done with her PhD program, and so I thought I'd use this time to work on my MBA.

I'll take Booth into account. What about Wharton (which has a partnership with INSEAD?)

You're right, Duncan - I should really do my MBA in France. But I'm in the US until my wife is done with her PhD program, and so I thought I'd use this time to work on my MBA.

I'll take Booth into account. What about Wharton (which has a partnership with INSEAD?)
Duncan

INSEAD is in France, but it's not organically a French school, not much more than NYU's campus in Paris is Parisian. It's Anglophone and global in outlook. I'd guess that 85% or 90% of its alumni work outside France (For example, I imagine there are more alumni in the UK than in France, I'd imagine). Booth's semester at HEC would be a much better option than one or two quarters at Insead.

I'd recommend you start a part-time modular MBA at a French school: ideally HEC or the ESSEC-Mannheim EMBA. ESCP and Insead also have executive MBAs. The Euro*MBA is especially worth looking at, because that gives you multiple alumni networks around Europe. They are such great value that you'll save money even after the commuting costs.

What industry are you in?

INSEAD is in France, but it's not organically a French school, not much more than NYU's campus in Paris is Parisian. It's Anglophone and global in outlook. I'd guess that 85% or 90% of its alumni work outside France (For example, I imagine there are more alumni in the UK than in France, I'd imagine). Booth's semester at HEC would be a much better option than one or two quarters at Insead.

I'd recommend you start a part-time modular MBA at a French school: ideally HEC or the ESSEC-Mannheim EMBA. ESCP and Insead also have executive MBAs. The Euro*MBA is especially worth looking at, because that gives you multiple alumni networks around Europe. They are such great value that you'll save money even after the commuting costs.

What industry are you in?

The Euro MBA program looks great, thanks for recommending it. Do you know if graduates from the program can leverage the career services of the individual schools?

I'm in traditional publishing, but would like to learn more about entrepreneurship and finding niches for new business models.

The Euro MBA program looks great, thanks for recommending it. Do you know if graduates from the program can leverage the career services of the individual schools?

I'm in traditional publishing, but would like to learn more about entrepreneurship and finding niches for new business models.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Chicago, Illinois 42 Followers 149 Discussions
New York City, New York 158 Followers 259 Discussions
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 67 Followers 172 Discussions
Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 220 Discussions
Paris cedex 11, France 10 Followers 83 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 71 Followers 309 Discussions
Full Profile
Cergy-Pontoise, France 41 Followers 185 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023