Best option in the following.

Hi there,
Please suggest about the MBA from the following schools -:

Virginia poly technical state university (Pamplin) or
George Washington

And

Thunderbird school of global management or
Rochester institute of technology ( Saunders).
Thanks

Hi there,
Please suggest about the MBA from the following schools -:

Virginia poly technical state university (Pamplin) or
George Washington

And

Thunderbird school of global management or
Rochester institute of technology ( Saunders).
Thanks
ralph

In general, I'd rank them like this, top to bottom:

GWU
Thunderbird
Virginia - Pamplin
Saunders

But getting more specific would require knowing more about you, your background, and your career goals. Like if you were interested in a career related to tourism, I'd suggest Pamplin - or if you were interested in e-commerce maybe even Rochester.

In general, I'd rank them like this, top to bottom:

GWU
Thunderbird
Virginia - Pamplin
Saunders

But getting more specific would require knowing more about you, your background, and your career goals. Like if you were interested in a career related to tourism, I'd suggest Pamplin - or if you were interested in e-commerce maybe even Rochester.

Hi,, I have received admits for MBA for fall 2012 from

University of North Carolina Charlotte,
Hofstra University
California State University Fullerton
SUNY Binghamton
Cleveland State University and
Akron University

Which in your opinion is a better choice?
Thanks.

Hi,, I have received admits for MBA for fall 2012 from

University of North Carolina Charlotte,
Hofstra University
California State University Fullerton
SUNY Binghamton
Cleveland State University and
Akron University

Which in your opinion is a better choice?
Thanks.
Duncan

Belk > Akron > Hofstra > Fullerton > Cleveland State > SUNY is the order of salaries on graduation, and I think that's worth considering. What it really reflects is the far greater work experience at Belk and Akron.

You could mix those top three around any way you wanted. The outcomes from the other two are clearly less strong.

Personally, I would choose Belk because of the higher quality students and how the glamour of the UNC system rubs off on it.

Belk > Akron > Hofstra > Fullerton > Cleveland State > SUNY is the order of salaries on graduation, and I think that's worth considering. What it really reflects is the far greater work experience at Belk and Akron.

You could mix those top three around any way you wanted. The outcomes from the other two are clearly less strong.

Personally, I would choose Belk because of the higher quality students and how the glamour of the UNC system rubs off on it.

Belk - is located in Charlotte and Hofstra in NY, is it true that opportunities of finding internships/jobs are much higher in NY than in NC ?

Belk - is located in Charlotte and Hofstra in NY, is it true that opportunities of finding internships/jobs are much higher in NY than in NC ?
Duncan

I would imagine that the ratio of internships to internship seekers will be more favourable outside the metro NYC area, which has a huge concentration of graduate programmes in business.

Belk graduates earn more than Hofstra graduates, despite the New York area's higher cost of living. That could also reflect the greater supply of second and third tier MBAs in NYC.

I would imagine that the ratio of internships to internship seekers will be more favourable outside the metro NYC area, which has a huge concentration of graduate programmes in business.

Belk graduates earn more than Hofstra graduates, despite the New York area's higher cost of living. That could also reflect the greater supply of second and third tier MBAs in NYC.

Thanks Duncan,
There are lot of problems for UNCC MBA graduates in finding internships and have heard from the current students of Binghamton about lot of opportunities in NY.
Getting an internship and ultimately a job experience for a year or two immediately after my study before I come back to my country and handle our family business that I have been looking after for last 5 years is the utmost priority.
Please suggest which would be better in terms of internship/job opportunities, UNCC, CSUF or SUNY Bingh.?

Thanks Duncan,
There are lot of problems for UNCC MBA graduates in finding internships and have heard from the current students of Binghamton about lot of opportunities in NY.
Getting an internship and ultimately a job experience for a year or two immediately after my study before I come back to my country and handle our family business that I have been looking after for last 5 years is the utmost priority.
Please suggest which would be better in terms of internship/job opportunities, UNCC, CSUF or SUNY Bingh.?
Duncan

I think you need to get data rather than replying on individual examples. Ask the schools for their internships statistics. Given the higher graduating salaries from Berk, it seems that there is more market demand for Berk graduates than for those at Binghamton. Why would that not be the case for interns? That seems unlikely, doesn't it?

Needless to say, there are problems for many students geting internships, even at top 50 and top 25 schools. And, indeed, there are more opportunities in large places than in small places (but also more competition). Don't let truisms distract you.

I think you need to get data rather than replying on individual examples. Ask the schools for their internships statistics. Given the higher graduating salaries from Berk, it seems that there is more market demand for Berk graduates than for those at Binghamton. Why would that not be the case for interns? That seems unlikely, doesn't it?

Needless to say, there are problems for many students geting internships, even at top 50 and top 25 schools. And, indeed, there are more opportunities in large places than in small places (but also more competition). Don't let truisms distract you.

Hey Guys!!!!

I am confused in selecting Strathclyde and Durham MBA and reason of my confusion is job opportunities and career support.

Could somebody honestly reply with enough insight in to this as to which University scores higher on job opportunities and Career opportunities.

Hey Guys!!!!

I am confused in selecting Strathclyde and Durham MBA and reason of my confusion is job opportunities and career support.

Could somebody honestly reply with enough insight in to this as to which University scores higher on job opportunities and Career opportunities.
Duncan

This is the USA discussion board. Look at the FT rankings to find answers to your questions and then search the UK discussion board for those schools.

This is the USA discussion board. Look at the FT rankings to find answers to your questions and then search the UK discussion board for those schools.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Washington, District of Columbia 37 Followers 64 Discussions
Charlotte, North Carolina 17 Followers 18 Discussions
Binghamton, New York 22 Followers 18 Discussions
Fullerton, California 15 Followers 24 Discussions
Rochester, New York 8 Followers 21 Discussions
Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 66 Discussions
Blacksburg, Virginia 8 Followers 17 Discussions
Cleveland, Ohio 6 Followers 12 Discussions
Akron, Ohio 3 Followers 4 Discussions
Hempstead, New York 15 Followers 36 Discussions