550GMAT, 4.4 years of Work Experience - Suggest some schools

Nationality : Indian
Age 25 Years

GMAT :550(3rd attempt)(Cant afford to retake)
TOEFL : 88 (Ready to retake if required more than 100)
GPA: 69%
Experience: Software, Ecomm domain.

Kindly suggest me some decent schools with placement post MBA salaries.What are my prospects for the below schools. Already researching Findthebest.com. Not able to decide on any...Kindly suggest some good schools.

San Francisco State College of Business
USF School of Management
University of Tampa (Sykes) (FL)
University of Cincinnati

Regards,
Giridaran

Nationality : Indian
Age 25 Years

GMAT :550(3rd attempt)(Cant afford to retake)
TOEFL : 88 (Ready to retake if required more than 100)
GPA: 69%
Experience: Software, Ecomm domain.

Kindly suggest me some decent schools with placement post MBA salaries.What are my prospects for the below schools. Already researching Findthebest.com. Not able to decide on any...Kindly suggest some good schools.

San Francisco State College of Business
USF School of Management
University of Tampa (Sykes) (FL)
University of Cincinnati

Regards,
Giridaran
Duncan

Your GMAT is well below the average at those four schools. Take a look at Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065 Note that FTB has the wrong GMAT average for Tampa, which is 560: http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school/sykes-college-of-business-the-university-of-tampa

Your GMAT is well below the average at those four schools. Take a look at Shortcut to find the best US MBA www.find-mba.com/board/36065 Note that FTB has the wrong GMAT average for Tampa, which is 560: http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school/sykes-college-of-business-the-university-of-tampa

Hi Duncan....Thanks for your reply....Kindly provide your personal inputs on the below schools and also provide few good schools in that range as I am finding it difficult to sort out. What are my chances for these schools.

David Eccles School of Business - University of Utah (Eccles) (UT) - Avg 560 - Avg Salary - $86,197
HU School of Business - Located in Washington, District of Columbia - Avg 539 - Avg Salary - $86,170
UMass Boston Business School-Located in Boston, Massachusetts - Avg 565 - Avg Salary -$78,500
Spears School of Business-Located in Stillwater, Oklahoma - Avg 550 - Avg Salary - $52,855

Regards,
Giridaran

Hi Duncan....Thanks for your reply....Kindly provide your personal inputs on the below schools and also provide few good schools in that range as I am finding it difficult to sort out. What are my chances for these schools.

David Eccles School of Business - University of Utah (Eccles) (UT) - Avg 560 - Avg Salary - $86,197
HU School of Business - Located in Washington, District of Columbia - Avg 539 - Avg Salary - $86,170
UMass Boston Business School-Located in Boston, Massachusetts - Avg 565 - Avg Salary -$78,500
Spears School of Business-Located in Stillwater, Oklahoma - Avg 550 - Avg Salary - $52,855

Regards,
Giridaran
Duncan

I think you can work this out ourself. Generally, successful international applicants at these schools will have above-average work experience and GMATs (I would expect around a 50-point premium).

I think you can work this out ourself. Generally, successful international applicants at these schools will have above-average work experience and GMATs (I would expect around a 50-point premium).
Inactive User

I would hesitate to recommend any of these schools if your goal is to stay in the US after graduation. If you're planning on returning to India, these would be fine, but in general, for US placements you'll want to look at ranked schools, which offer more robust career service support for international students.

Personally, I would consider re-taking the GMAT. The $250 is a drop in the bucket compared to the increased earnings and better career services that you can expect from a ranked school.

I would hesitate to recommend any of these schools if your goal is to stay in the US after graduation. If you're planning on returning to India, these would be fine, but in general, for US placements you'll want to look at ranked schools, which offer more robust career service support for international students.

Personally, I would consider re-taking the GMAT. The $250 is a drop in the bucket compared to the increased earnings and better career services that you can expect from a ranked school.
manojbala

mba hipster,

How would you rate University of Tennessee Knoxville mba program?
I have admit from San Francisco State University.I have heard that for someone with 3 years IT experience,finding an IT job in US post MBA at SFSU is easier...What do you think? Thanks.

mba hipster,

How would you rate University of Tennessee Knoxville mba program?
I have admit from San Francisco State University.I have heard that for someone with 3 years IT experience,finding an IT job in US post MBA at SFSU is easier...What do you think? Thanks.
Inactive User

It's a decent program, but isn't your GMAT a bit low? Average there is about 610.

It's a decent program, but isn't your GMAT a bit low? Average there is about 610.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

San Francisco, California 44 Followers 9 Discussions
San Francisco, California 23 Followers 15 Discussions
Tampa, Florida 16 Followers 19 Discussions
Cincinnati, Ohio 3 Followers 27 Discussions

Other Related Content

Can a Low GMAT Score Kill Your B-School Dreams?

Article Aug 30, 2013

Why your GMAT score is important, and what it tells MBA admissions people about you

Hot Discussions