32 years old, 9 yrs of WE looking for a MBA

Onedream

Hi all,

Am a new member and would like to get your consulting on my case. Am a Asian (not Chinese, not Indian) and have 9 yrs of WE (3 yrs with PricewaterhouseCoopers and 6 yrs in a boutique investment banking in my country). My GMAT is 690 and I am looking for an appropriate MBA in the US. Would it be too late for me to take the MBA?

Hi all,

Am a new member and would like to get your consulting on my case. Am a Asian (not Chinese, not Indian) and have 9 yrs of WE (3 yrs with PricewaterhouseCoopers and 6 yrs in a boutique investment banking in my country). My GMAT is 690 and I am looking for an appropriate MBA in the US. Would it be too late for me to take the MBA?
Duncan

It's not too late. Look at the Tier 1 schools on this list: http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082/

It's not too late. Look at the Tier 1 schools on this list: http://www.find-mba.com/board/27082/
ralph

What are your career goals? You have a pretty unique background, compared to others who are applying to the top MBA programs in the US - so you might have somewhat of an edge, competitively.

I think you'd definitely have a shot at schools like Carnegie Mellon or Indiana Kelley, for example. If you want to stay in investment banking, look at schools that are strong in finance: Michigan Ross might be a good place to look; but consider applying to a program like NYU Stern or Columbia as well - although your GMAT is a bit on the low side for these schools, your profile may be unique enough to warrant consideration.

What are your career goals? You have a pretty unique background, compared to others who are applying to the top MBA programs in the US - so you might have somewhat of an edge, competitively.

I think you'd definitely have a shot at schools like Carnegie Mellon or Indiana Kelley, for example. If you want to stay in investment banking, look at schools that are strong in finance: Michigan Ross might be a good place to look; but consider applying to a program like NYU Stern or Columbia as well - although your GMAT is a bit on the low side for these schools, your profile may be unique enough to warrant consideration.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

New York City, New York 158 Followers 259 Discussions
New York City, New York 177 Followers 249 Discussions
Ann Arbor, Michigan 40 Followers 89 Discussions
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 37 Followers 92 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

Hot Discussions