1 yr MBA w/experience

Sonja127

I hope someone out there can help me, I've spent hours online researching mbas and am getting terribly confused. I am looking for a 1 yr MBA (full time) English speaking where students are expected to have work experience. Preferably something that won't cost me another 2 mortgages on my house :) Would appreciate any suggestions on suitable programs.

I hope someone out there can help me, I've spent hours online researching mbas and am getting terribly confused. I am looking for a 1 yr MBA (full time) English speaking where students are expected to have work experience. Preferably something that won't cost me another 2 mortgages on my house :) Would appreciate any suggestions on suitable programs.
Duncan

Take look at http://www.find-mba.com/search to find accredited one year MBAs in the US.

If you search the US discussion boad you'll find a lot of information. I guess the best universities with one-year MBAs in the US include Cornell, Northwestern, and Southern California. Also consider the Sloan Fellows program at MIT and the MSx program at Stanford.

Take look at http://www.find-mba.com/search to find accredited one year MBAs in the US.

If you search the US discussion boad you'll find a lot of information. I guess the best universities with one-year MBAs in the US include Cornell, Northwestern, and Southern California. Also consider the Sloan Fellows program at MIT and the MSx program at Stanford.
Inactive User

There's loads of good info in this thread:
http://www.find-mba.com/board/2287

Keep in mind that many of the good one-year MBAs in the US might require you to either have a background in business already or an undergrad in business administration (so that you don't have to take pre-reqs).

Also - some one-year MBAs (I'm think of Cornell in particular here) would not be great choices if you are considering making a big career shift. The reason being that these shorter programs often don't allow you to specialize in an area, and may not provide the same project and internship options as two-year programs...

So I guess it would depend on your career goals.

There's loads of good info in this thread:
http://www.find-mba.com/board/2287

Keep in mind that many of the good one-year MBAs in the US might require you to either have a background in business already or an undergrad in business administration (so that you don't have to take pre-reqs).

Also - some one-year MBAs (I'm think of Cornell in particular here) would not be great choices if you are considering making a big career shift. The reason being that these shorter programs often don't allow you to specialize in an area, and may not provide the same project and internship options as two-year programs...

So I guess it would depend on your career goals.
Sonja127

Thank you very much for your replies. I have an MA in HRM and 7 yrs work experience in HR, 5 yrs in managerial positions. I would like to study with people with a similar background, preferably not those who have more in common with my 15 yr old son :) my main goal is to simply to strengthen leadership skills further and catch up on financial understanding that my MA didn't provide. Wharton sounds excellent but too pricey for me. Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Sonja

Thank you very much for your replies. I have an MA in HRM and 7 yrs work experience in HR, 5 yrs in managerial positions. I would like to study with people with a similar background, preferably not those who have more in common with my 15 yr old son :) my main goal is to simply to strengthen leadership skills further and catch up on financial understanding that my MA didn't provide. Wharton sounds excellent but too pricey for me. Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Sonja
Duncan

Any good MBA in the USA will be expensive. I just noticed your comment about mortgages. They are valuable, and that's why they are expensive.

Any good MBA in the USA will be expensive. I just noticed your comment about mortgages. They are valuable, and that's why they are expensive.
Razors Edg...

USC's IBEAR MBA, maybe? Starts in July, and on average students have about 10 years of experience. What's really interesting about this program is that there is a consulting project component - not many 1 year options offer something like this.

USC's IBEAR MBA, maybe? Starts in July, and on average students have about 10 years of experience. What's really interesting about this program is that there is a consulting project component - not many 1 year options offer something like this.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 103 Followers 120 Discussions
Stanford, California 96 Followers 171 Discussions
Evanston, Illinois 71 Followers 205 Discussions
Ithaca, New York 89 Followers 136 Discussions
Cambridge, Massachusetts 53 Followers 175 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools

News Jan 11, 2024

One-Year or Two-Year MBA Program?

Article Apr 07, 2011

Balancing the time taken out of your career with getting the most out of a once-in-a-lifetime educational experience

Hot Discussions