with out wrk exp...

Hi frds,
I have plan of doing MBA in uk uiversities but de main thing is i have work exp of onli 9 mnths.... please tell me i could do ma mba in any of de gud universities.. I heard universities like abredeen, liverpool john mores and cardiff universities dont have ny criteria of wrk exp for their mba program...Is this universities re the wise choice, how abt the placements after completion of ma course.. help me out!!!!

Hi frds,
I have plan of doing MBA in uk uiversities but de main thing is i have work exp of onli 9 mnths.... please tell me i could do ma mba in any of de gud universities.. I heard universities like abredeen, liverpool john mores and cardiff universities dont have ny criteria of wrk exp for their mba program...Is this universities re the wise choice, how abt the placements after completion of ma course.. help me out!!!!
SebDouglas

I'm sorry, you'll have to at least try to write in proper words before anyone will want to give this a go.

I'm sorry, you'll have to at least try to write in proper words before anyone will want to give this a go.
Thomas

Hi karthikeyan,

There are indeed some MBA business schools in England do not require working experience.

However, you may want to do a reality check of why you want to do a MBA abroad when the living costs, study costs and other fees are so much more expensive than those in Asia?

Let me assume if you want to work in England after your MBA study.

If this being the case, you should look for more information about HSMP (Highly Skilled Migration Programme) in the UK. Graduates from the top 50 business schools will be allowed to work in the country after their education (i.e. you do not need to apply for a working permit and this allow you to get a job a lot easier than others). The HSMP school list is different from that by F.T or EIU.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Advice to new aspiring MBAs ? By a MBA (http://thomaswai.blogspot.com)

Hi karthikeyan,

There are indeed some MBA business schools in England do not require working experience.

However, you may want to do a reality check of why you want to do a MBA abroad when the living costs, study costs and other fees are so much more expensive than those in Asia?

Let me assume if you want to work in England after your MBA study.

If this being the case, you should look for more information about HSMP (Highly Skilled Migration Programme) in the UK. Graduates from the top 50 business schools will be allowed to work in the country after their education (i.e. you do not need to apply for a working permit and this allow you to get a job a lot easier than others). The HSMP school list is different from that by F.T or EIU.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Advice to new aspiring MBAs ? By a MBA (http://thomaswai.blogspot.com)
LaVoz de G...

Eligible MBA schools are as following:

Australia
Australian Graduate School of Management, Melbourne Business School

Canada
University of Toronto: Rothman, University of Western Ontario: Ivey

China
China Europe International Business School

France
Insead

Germany
Bradford School of Management/Nimbas

Ireland
University College Dublin

Italy
SDA Bocconi

Netherlands
Bradford School of Management/Nimbas, Rotterdam School of Management, Universiteit Nyenrode

Switzerland
IMD

Singapore
Insead

Spain
Iese Business School, Instituto de Empresa

UK
Ashridge, Bradford School of Management/Nimbas, City University: Cass, Cranfield School of Management, London Business School, Manchester Business School, University of Cambridge: Judge, University of Oxford: Said, University of Strathclyde, Warwick Business School

USA
Babson College: Olin, Boston University School of Management, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia Business School, Cornell University: Johnson, Dartmouth College: Tuck, Duke University: Fuqua, Emory University: Goizueta, Gerorgetown University: McDonough, Harvard Business School, MIT: Sloan, New York University: Stern, Northwestern: Kellogg, Rice University: Jones, Stanford University, UC Berkeley: Haas, UCLA: Anderson, University of Chicago, University of Maryland: Smith, University of Michigan, University of North Carolina: Keenan-Flagler, University of Pennsylvania: Wharton, University of Rochester: Simon, University of Southern California: Marshall, University of Virginia: Darden, Vanderbilt University: Owen, Yale?s School of Management

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/A/5/pbr04_50mbas_50.pdf

Eligible MBA schools are as following:

Australia
Australian Graduate School of Management, Melbourne Business School

Canada
University of Toronto: Rothman, University of Western Ontario: Ivey

China
China Europe International Business School

France
Insead

Germany
Bradford School of Management/Nimbas

Ireland
University College Dublin

Italy
SDA Bocconi

Netherlands
Bradford School of Management/Nimbas, Rotterdam School of Management, Universiteit Nyenrode

Switzerland
IMD

Singapore
Insead

Spain
Iese Business School, Instituto de Empresa

UK
Ashridge, Bradford School of Management/Nimbas, City University: Cass, Cranfield School of Management, London Business School, Manchester Business School, University of Cambridge: Judge, University of Oxford: Said, University of Strathclyde, Warwick Business School

USA
Babson College: Olin, Boston University School of Management, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia Business School, Cornell University: Johnson, Dartmouth College: Tuck, Duke University: Fuqua, Emory University: Goizueta, Gerorgetown University: McDonough, Harvard Business School, MIT: Sloan, New York University: Stern, Northwestern: Kellogg, Rice University: Jones, Stanford University, UC Berkeley: Haas, UCLA: Anderson, University of Chicago, University of Maryland: Smith, University of Michigan, University of North Carolina: Keenan-Flagler, University of Pennsylvania: Wharton, University of Rochester: Simon, University of Southern California: Marshall, University of Virginia: Darden, Vanderbilt University: Owen, Yale?s School of Management

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/A/5/pbr04_50mbas_50.pdf
LaVoz de G...

Make sure to check the official list before you apply: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/hsmpcaseworkerguidance/

Make sure to check the official list before you apply: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/hsmpcaseworkerguidance/

I was told that the HSMP is out. Is that true? If so, is there a new programme? Please advise.

Thanks

I was told that the HSMP is out. Is that true? If so, is there a new programme? Please advise.

Thanks
Thomas

Hi

HSMP is still on. Check out their website and investigate more.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Hi

HSMP is still on. Check out their website and investigate more.

Kind regards,
Thomas

great news for me....
Yes I had checked the website, but hadn't seen any update notice, so I wasn't sure if it was current. Then someone on this very website (and I assume a Brit, with an MBA) advised me that it had been ended by the Home Office.

Suppose I should always get a second, third and fourth opinion!

thanks very much

great news for me....
Yes I had checked the website, but hadn't seen any update notice, so I wasn't sure if it was current. Then someone on this very website (and I assume a Brit, with an MBA) advised me that it had been ended by the Home Office.

Suppose I should always get a second, third and fourth opinion!

thanks very much
Thomas

I am glad for you. :)

I am glad for you. :)
LaVoz de G...

But you will have to hurry up:

"The HSMP will undergo a phased closure during 2008. As part of this process, on 29 February 2008 we stopped taking initial applications from people who are already in the United Kingdom. Initial HSMP applications should now only be made by people outside the United Kingdom. If you are currently in the United Kingdom, you should apply under Tier 1 (General) of the new points-based system. If you are in the United Kingdom and make an initial application to the HSMP now, it will be rejected, even if you intend to return to your home country and continue the application process from there. However, if you made your application before 29 February 2008, it will be processed as normal and, if you meet the requirements, you will receive an HSMP approval letter.

If you are in India, you will be able to make an initial application to the HSMP up to and including 31 March 2008. From 1 April 2008, applicants in India should not apply under the HSMP. From this date, anyone in India wishing to come to the United Kingdom as a highly skilled migrant should apply under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system.

If you are in a country other than India, you will be able to make an application to the HSMP up to the date on which we close HSMP completely and replace it with Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system. This will be in the next few months."

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/hsmp/eligibility/

But you will have to hurry up:

"The HSMP will undergo a phased closure during 2008. As part of this process, on 29 February 2008 we stopped taking initial applications from people who are already in the United Kingdom. Initial HSMP applications should now only be made by people outside the United Kingdom. If you are currently in the United Kingdom, you should apply under Tier 1 (General) of the new points-based system. If you are in the United Kingdom and make an initial application to the HSMP now, it will be rejected, even if you intend to return to your home country and continue the application process from there. However, if you made your application before 29 February 2008, it will be processed as normal and, if you meet the requirements, you will receive an HSMP approval letter.

If you are in India, you will be able to make an initial application to the HSMP up to and including 31 March 2008. From 1 April 2008, applicants in India should not apply under the HSMP. From this date, anyone in India wishing to come to the United Kingdom as a highly skilled migrant should apply under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system.

If you are in a country other than India, you will be able to make an application to the HSMP up to the date on which we close HSMP completely and replace it with Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system. This will be in the next few months."

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/hsmp/eligibility/

Reply to Post