Which MBA ? Based in London

Hi, I have 7.5 Years of IT experience and good acads(but no GMAT). I am keen to pursue Executive MBA Part time and here are my key constraints
(a) Budget : 15 to 22 K
(b) Location : London and commutable distance
(c) Duration : 2 Years (Max)
(d) Taugth : Weekend / Evening. It will be difficult for me to take regular time of for blocks every few months since my vacations would be chewed. I find weekend and eve programs more suitable as it would be keep me busy as well.

My goal for this program is to get Salary Hike and look for consulting work in IT Project Management space/Teaching.

Manish

Hi, I have 7.5 Years of IT experience and good acads(but no GMAT). I am keen to pursue Executive MBA Part time and here are my key constraints
(a) Budget : 15 to 22 K
(b) Location : London and commutable distance
(c) Duration : 2 Years (Max)
(d) Taugth : Weekend / Evening. It will be difficult for me to take regular time of for blocks every few months since my vacations would be chewed. I find weekend and eve programs more suitable as it would be keep me busy as well.

My goal for this program is to get Salary Hike and look for consulting work in IT Project Management space/Teaching.

Manish
Duncan

Try mastersportal.eu. You don't find internationally accredited programmes at that price.

Maybe Webster Graduate School?

Try mastersportal.eu. You don't find internationally accredited programmes at that price.

Maybe Webster Graduate School?

Many Thanks Duncan. wanted to run pass my thoughts :-
I am impressed by Aston at 18K but unable to commute every week.

What do you think of
(a)Kingston EMBA?
Fees : "£9,650 x 2"
Pattern : Typically 10 weekends and a maximum of four working days over the two years. I think it's really less time.
(b)LSE (Part time Msc In Finance # Evening course)
Fees : £13,248 x 2
(c)London Metropolitain univ (Evening course @ Moorgate)
Fees : 11K
(d)Birkbeck

I am in very early stages and might consider below as well for next year :-
(a) Full time program from LBS
(b) Full time program from Indian B scholl(IIM or ISB) - The advantage is average cost is less in India(I don't have much sense of competetion)

Manish G

<I>Many Thanks Duncan. wanted to run pass my thoughts :-
I am impressed by Aston at 18K but unable to commute every week.
</I>
<B>What do you think of </B>
(a)Kingston EMBA?
Fees : "£9,650 x 2"
Pattern : Typically 10 weekends and a maximum of four working days over the two years. I think it's really less time.
(b)LSE (Part time Msc In Finance # Evening course)
Fees : £13,248 x 2
(c)London Metropolitain univ (Evening course @ Moorgate)
(d)Birkbeck

<B>I am in very early stages and might consider below as well for next year :- </B>
(a) Full time program from LBS
(b) Full time program from Indian B scholl(IIM or ISB) - The advantage is average cost is less in India(I don't have much sense of competetion)

Manish G
Duncan

I think you can value the UK programmes more or less by cost. LSE trades on its undergraduate brand and isn't known for student satisfaction. The full time option is much better.

I think you can value the UK programmes more or less by cost. LSE trades on its undergraduate brand and isn't known for student satisfaction. The full time option is much better.

hi Duncan, I have visited open days at Cass, LBS, Cranfield, Birkbeck and planning to visit ashridge, Aston and Birmingham.

Since my key constraints are that the course has to part time, weekend/evening classes, complete with 2 years, budget is up to 15K. I am considering going for Birkbeck. They have a course called ''Management Consultancy and Organisational Change (MSc)" that starts this Oct but I have read mixed reviews about the teaching.

Are there any other eve/weekend courses in Msc or MBA bracket with above constraints that I should be looking to compare.

hi Duncan, I have visited open days at Cass, LBS, Cranfield, Birkbeck and planning to visit ashridge, Aston and Birmingham.

Since my key constraints are that the course has to part time, weekend/evening classes, complete with 2 years, budget is up to 15K. I am considering going for Birkbeck. They have a course called ''Management Consultancy and Organisational Change (MSc)" that starts this Oct but I have read mixed reviews about the teaching.

Are there any other eve/weekend courses in Msc or MBA bracket with above constraints that I should be looking to compare.
Duncan

Wow that is hard. How about...
- The Ashridge MSc?
- Kingston's various weekend courses?
- A distance learning MBA, like Durham?
- Webster/Regent's College?

Birkbeck is fine, but you won't have great teachers or great students.

Wow that is hard. How about...
- The Ashridge MSc?
- Kingston's various weekend courses?
- A distance learning MBA, like Durham?
- Webster/Regent's College?

Birkbeck is fine, but you won't have great teachers or great students.

Hi Manish,

I work for Ashridge Business School and I saw your post, I hope you dont mind me expanding on Duncan's last post about our MSc in Management.

The course is part time/online so you study when you want, can be completed in 2 years and costs £4,000 per stage (3 stages) which you pay only when you start each stage so you split the payments. The course has no exams, it instead assesses you through work based practical assignements.

However, being an online course you do not get the traditional classroom interaction and must be very self disciplined to get the most out of the qualification. That said, many people prefer online education for its flexibility, networking functionality and range of learning materials.

More info on our website: http://www.ashridge.org.uk/Website/Content.nsf/wDEG/MSc+in+Management?opendocument

Hope that helps and wasn't too "sales".

Cheers,
Dan.

Hi Manish,

I work for Ashridge Business School and I saw your post, I hope you dont mind me expanding on Duncan's last post about our MSc in Management.

<blockquote>Since my key constraints are that the course has to part time, weekend/evening classes, complete with 2 years, budget is up to 15K. I am considering going for Birkbeck. They have a course called ''Management Consultancy and Organisational Change (MSc)" that starts this Oct but I have read mixed reviews about the teaching.

Are there any other eve/weekend courses in Msc or MBA bracket with above constraints that I should be looking to compare.</blockquote>

The course is part time/online so you study when you want, can be completed in 2 years and costs £4,000 per stage (3 stages) which you pay only when you start each stage so you split the payments. The course has no exams, it instead assesses you through work based practical assignements.

However, being an online course you do not get the traditional classroom interaction and must be very self disciplined to get the most out of the qualification. That said, many people prefer online education for its flexibility, networking functionality and range of learning materials.

More info on our website: http://www.ashridge.org.uk/Website/Content.nsf/wDEG/MSc+in+Management?opendocument

Hope that helps and wasn't too "sales".

Cheers,
Dan.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom 10 Followers 81 Discussions
Indore, India 2 Followers 12 Discussions
West Bengal, India 8 Followers 30 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 12 Followers 116 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 7 Followers 3 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 338 Discussions
Bangalore, India 7 Followers 50 Discussions
Ahmedabad, India 11 Followers 78 Discussions
Hyderabad, India 22 Followers 86 Discussions
Lucknow, India 1 Follower 17 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 13 Followers 18 Discussions
Kerala, India 3 Followers 13 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

Top 10 MBA Programs in London

Top List

For those looking for an MBA in London, there is no shortage. See the best business schools in London.

Hot Discussions