Which among these????

anish_sha

Hi guys... i got offer letter from following universities in UK. im kinda confused which one to go for

1. Coventry University
2 UWIC
3 . robert gordon university
4. University of Bangor
5. University of Lincoln
6. Staffordshire University
7. Glasgow Caledonian University
8.Teesside University

Also applied for following to which the response is yet to come

1 .University of Aberdeen
2.Oxford Brookes

Please help me out....to choose the right one...

Hi guys... i got offer letter from following universities in UK. im kinda confused which one to go for

1. Coventry University
2 UWIC
3 . robert gordon university
4. University of Bangor
5. University of Lincoln
6. Staffordshire University
7. Glasgow Caledonian University
8.Teesside University

Also applied for following to which the response is yet to come

1 .University of Aberdeen
2.Oxford Brookes

Please help me out....to choose the right one...
egunner

Well. According to my knowledge, Oxford Brookes definitely looks the best bet as it is AMBA accredited. Given that the Univ is not far from London gives you an edge. By Robert Gordon, do u mean Aberdeen Business school? If so, even it is AMBA . But job prospects are very less in Scotland compared to England.
May be more knowledgable and experienced people here can advice u more.
All the best

Well. According to my knowledge, Oxford Brookes definitely looks the best bet as it is AMBA accredited. Given that the Univ is not far from London gives you an edge. By Robert Gordon, do u mean Aberdeen Business school? If so, even it is AMBA . But job prospects are very less in Scotland compared to England.
May be more knowledgable and experienced people here can advice u more.
All the best
anish_sha

Hows the place Aberdeen like? more extreme climate than parts of UK?

Hows the place Aberdeen like? more extreme climate than parts of UK?
egunner

Aberdeen is nice place to live as far as i ve heard...but no respite from cold...the place is very chilly as it is in the northern part....If u can bear the climate, then living there wont be much of an issue....

Aberdeen is nice place to live as far as i ve heard...but no respite from cold...the place is very chilly as it is in the northern part....If u can bear the climate, then living there wont be much of an issue....

Oxford Brookes is the best in your list.

anish_sha

which would be the second bet after that?

<blockquote>Oxford Brookes is the best in your list. </blockquote>

which would be the second bet after that?
anish_sha

Any comments on the University of Lincoln?

Any comments on the University of Lincoln?
Duncan

I think Brookes, then Bangor, then Coventry.

I think Brookes, then Bangor, then Coventry.
anish_sha

heard tht bangor is a very small town... is it so..? any idea guys?

heard tht bangor is a very small town... is it so..? any idea guys?
Duncan

Is is a small town. Wikipedia will tell you more ;-)

Is is a small town. Wikipedia will tell you more ;-)
anish_sha

Today,Got an offer letter from UWE , Bristol Business School. Is that a better one than the other in the list?

Today,Got an offer letter from UWE , Bristol Business School. Is that a better one than the other in the list?
Duncan

I'd still put Brookes first. With the UK schools, which are not in any other ranking, put the AMBA ones top. Then generally you can rank then in this order: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-business-management-studies

I'd still put Brookes first. With the UK schools, which are not in any other ranking, put the AMBA ones top. Then generally you can rank then in this order: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-business-management-studies
ejr

I would take anything Duncan says with a large pinch of salt. Quoting UNDERGRADUATE rankings (which employs a debateable methodology) to pick an MBA, shows Duncans knowledge, or lack of therein.

To the OP I have no advice on what institution you should choose. But don't choose on the back of guardian undergraduate rankings...

<blockquote>I'd still put Brookes first. With the UK schools, which are not in any other ranking, put the AMBA ones top. Then generally you can rank then in this order: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-business-management-studies</blockquote>

I would take anything Duncan says with a large pinch of salt. Quoting UNDERGRADUATE rankings (which employs a debateable methodology) to pick an MBA, shows Duncans knowledge, or lack of therein.

To the OP I have no advice on what institution you should choose. But don't choose on the back of guardian undergraduate rankings...
Duncan

To clarify my suggestion about how this person should prioritised schools:
1] Schools in the MBA rankings come first,
2] Unranked schools with AMBA accreditation second,
3] Unranked, unaccredited schools come last, ranked using the Guardian undergraduate ranking.

While it's obviously not perfect to use the undergraduate ranking, I think it's not helpful to say what you;re against without saying what you're in favour of. Clearly there is a strong correlation between the quality of undergraduate and graduate programmes.

As for needing "a large pinch of salt" -- I invite readers to compare the quality of my contributions to this site with yours. I am one of the few contributors on this site to have won admission to several leading MBA programmes and to have graduated from one of the very best.

To clarify my suggestion about how this person should prioritised schools:
1] Schools in the MBA rankings come first,
2] Unranked schools with AMBA accreditation second,
3] Unranked, unaccredited schools come last, ranked using the Guardian undergraduate ranking.

While it's obviously not perfect to use the undergraduate ranking, I think it's not helpful to say what you;re against without saying what you're in favour of. Clearly there is a strong correlation between the quality of undergraduate and graduate programmes.

As for needing "a large pinch of salt" -- I invite readers to compare the quality of my contributions to this site with yours. I am one of the few contributors on this site to have won admission to several leading MBA programmes and to have graduated from one of the very best.

Hi,

what's your long-term career objective?

Hi,

anish_sha

Hi,

finish my MBA , return back and take up my family business...

<blockquote>Hi,

what's your long-term career objective?</blockquote>

finish my MBA , return back and take up my family business...
anish_sha

Guys... i got an offer letter from Uni of Glasgow just now.. its ranked 12th as per guardian rankings.. shud i go for it?

Guys... i got an offer letter from Uni of Glasgow just now.. its ranked 12th as per guardian rankings.. shud i go for it?
Duncan

Yes, Glasgow has AMBA and AACSB accreditation, so it leaps over the unaccredited schools.

Yes, Glasgow has AMBA and AACSB accreditation, so it leaps over the unaccredited schools.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Oxford, United Kingdom 10 Followers 37 Discussions
Cardiff, United Kingdom 13 Followers 29 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 17 Followers 116 Discussions
Bangor, United Kingdom 5 Followers 15 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom 7 Followers 80 Discussions
Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom 5 Followers 9 Discussions
Lincoln, United Kingdom 4 Followers 9 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 5 Followers 11 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom 42 Followers 87 Discussions
Tees Valley, United Kingdom 4 Followers 5 Discussions