Westminster or Brunel

ashwin66

I am looking for an MBA in London on a budget. Westminster and Brunel are both accredited by AMBA, and Brunel is slightly less expensive. Is Westminster worth the extra cost?

I am a UK permanent resident so I have no concerns about being able to stay here after I graduate. I am not sure if I will go back to my current company after the MBA, but I intend to stay in the IT industry or begin working for a start-up.

Any advice for me?

I am looking for an MBA in London on a budget. Westminster and Brunel are both accredited by AMBA, and Brunel is slightly less expensive. Is Westminster worth the extra cost?

I am a UK permanent resident so I have no concerns about being able to stay here after I graduate. I am not sure if I will go back to my current company after the MBA, but I intend to stay in the IT industry or begin working for a start-up.

Any advice for me?
ezra

Brunel has concentrations in aviation management and healthcare management, so if either of these are of interest to you then Brunel would be a good choice.

Otherwise, I see these programs as roughly comparable. I would look at LinkedIn profiles for graduates to see what kind of roles alumni go into. Perhaps one is better represented in the IT field or startups.

Brunel has concentrations in aviation management and healthcare management, so if either of these are of interest to you then Brunel would be a good choice.

Otherwise, I see these programs as roughly comparable. I would look at LinkedIn profiles for graduates to see what kind of roles alumni go into. Perhaps one is better represented in the IT field or startups.
ashwin66

I analyzed the Linkedin profiles and it looks like there are a few more Westminster MBAs working in IT in London than Brunel MBAs. But there are far more Cass and Imperial MBAs in the city than either Westminster or Brunel.

I analyzed the Linkedin profiles and it looks like there are a few more Westminster MBAs working in IT in London than Brunel MBAs. But there are far more Cass and Imperial MBAs in the city than either Westminster or Brunel.
ralph

Yes, both Cass and Imperial likely have relationships with more recruiters, as would Cranfield I'd imagine. Essentially, you pay for what you get when you are looking at low-budget programs.

Yes, both Cass and Imperial likely have relationships with more recruiters, as would Cranfield I'd imagine. Essentially, you pay for what you get when you are looking at low-budget programs.
ashwin66

Yes, I understand. Do you know if schools like Cass or Imperial or Cranfield give out much scholarship money?

Yes, I understand. Do you know if schools like Cass or Imperial or Cranfield give out much scholarship money?
Inactive User

Businessweek says that 80 percent of Cranfield students get funding of one kind or another. The percentages at Imperial and Cass are much lower...
I know that Cranfield gives out 20 merit scholarships per year at 10k GBP per year, for instance. You should probably check with the schools' financial aid departments.

Businessweek says that 80 percent of Cranfield students get funding of one kind or another. The percentages at Imperial and Cass are much lower...
I know that Cranfield gives out 20 merit scholarships per year at 10k GBP per year, for instance. You should probably check with the schools' financial aid departments.
ashwin66

I will check with the schools. Thank you.

I will check with the schools. Thank you.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

London, United Kingdom 59 Followers 415 Discussions
Middlesex, United Kingdom 18 Followers 131 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 107 Followers 348 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 20 Followers 58 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Article Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience