UK MBA

saty88

Hi I am Sathiyan from INDIA. I have 3 years of manegerial work experience,I am planning for UK MBA, i got conditional offer letter from sheffield ,kindly suggest me

Hi I am Sathiyan from INDIA. I have 3 years of manegerial work experience,I am planning for UK MBA, i got conditional offer letter from sheffield ,kindly suggest me
Duncan

What is the offer conditional on? What sort of suggestions would you like? What are your career goals? Have you taken the GMAT yet?

The best UK MBAs are in this list: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2013 Why not apply to one of these schools?

What is the offer conditional on? What sort of suggestions would you like? What are your career goals? Have you taken the GMAT yet?

The best UK MBAs are in this list: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2013 Why not apply to one of these schools?
ralph

What do you need suggestions about? It's not an exceptional school, although it does have international accreditation.

You'd most likely be better off with a ranked school, even something like Bath or Lancaster. These will provide a much better return on your investment.

What do you need suggestions about? It's not an exceptional school, although it does have international accreditation.

You'd most likely be better off with a ranked school, even something like Bath or Lancaster. These will provide a much better return on your investment.
saty88

But i did not write gmat, so i am planning fr MBA in UK ,which requires 3 years of work experience..

But i did not write gmat, so i am planning fr MBA in UK ,which requires 3 years of work experience..
saty88

@ duncan , the condition ws to provide 3 years work experience letter !!! nothing else !!

@ duncan , the condition ws to provide 3 years work experience letter !!! nothing else !!
Duncan

Any comment on my other questions?

Any comment on my other questions?
saty88

@ duncan, Basically I am from engineering background with 3 years of work experience, I am planning to take over my family business after my post graduation, so i thought doing UK MBA will give me a exposure, and insights about principles of management.

@ duncan, Basically I am from engineering background with 3 years of work experience, I am planning to take over my family business after my post graduation, so i thought doing UK MBA will give me a exposure, and insights about principles of management.
Duncan

Why Sheffield? Why not a better school?

Why Sheffield? Why not a better school?
saty88

since i did not write GMAT, these are the univ i have in mind,
STRATHCLYDE,ASTON,NEWCASTLE,SOUTHAMPTON,GLASSGOW,LIVERPOOL.this week end we have education fair , so i will come to know the result.Apart from these you have any idea about a better b -school that fits my profile ?

since i did not write GMAT, these are the univ i have in mind,
STRATHCLYDE,ASTON,NEWCASTLE,SOUTHAMPTON,GLASSGOW,LIVERPOOL.this week end we have education fair , so i will come to know the result.Apart from these you have any idea about a better b -school that fits my profile ?
Duncan

Yes, the FT ranking will show you several better schools. The GMAT isn't so hard. Why don't you take it?

Yes, the FT ranking will show you several better schools. The GMAT isn't so hard. Why don't you take it?
Razors Edg...

Take the GMAT. Your options will be expanded, your post-MBA salary will be better, you'll have a better cohort experience, etc. There's no reason not to.

Take the GMAT. Your options will be expanded, your post-MBA salary will be better, you'll have a better cohort experience, etc. There's no reason not to.
saty88

I am already 25, i need to go dis sep'13 intake fr sure, but hw is
it possible fr me to prepare GMAT. and write t with a short span f time..possible ??

I am already 25, i need to go dis sep'13 intake fr sure, but hw is
it possible fr me to prepare GMAT. and write t with a short span f time..possible ??
Duncan

That depends on where you want to study. Book a GMAT appointment. Study. Apply to schools.

That depends on where you want to study. Book a GMAT appointment. Study. Apply to schools.
saty88

Hi I attended the education fair,I got conditional offer from Kingston MBA and University of West England.I visited Aston and stratchclyde representatives, they told me to apply online, and they 'll be scheduling an interview online and later decide it.

Hi I attended the education fair,I got conditional offer from Kingston MBA and University of West England.I visited Aston and stratchclyde representatives, they told me to apply online, and they 'll be scheduling an interview online and later decide it.
Duncan

Good luck!

Good luck!
saty88

HI Duncan,

Got offer letter from Aston. Waiting for strath, birmingham and Durham business schools results.Kindly suggest the best among these.

HI Duncan,

Got offer letter from Aston. Waiting for strath, birmingham and Durham business schools results.Kindly suggest the best among these.
Duncan

Well, I think Aston normally has the edge on Strathclyde. Birmingham is very close: it's a school on the way up. Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Well, I think Aston normally has the edge on Strathclyde. Birmingham is very close: it's a school on the way up. Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Glasgow, United Kingdom 53 Followers 475 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
Bath, United Kingdom 18 Followers 207 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 338 Discussions
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 11 Followers 92 Discussions
Sheffield, United Kingdom 11 Followers 96 Discussions
Southampton, United Kingdom 8 Followers 65 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 16 Followers 116 Discussions
Liverpool, United Kingdom 22 Followers 101 Discussions

Other Related Content

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Article Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience

Top 10 Budget MBA Programs in England

Top List

On a budget and looking for an MBA program in England? Start with this list of 10 accredited business schools offering their MBA programs for a steal.