UK MBA 2013-Help me Decide Please

rkap

Hi, I am a Software Engineer working with Accenture,India. I have 3 years of Experience. I applied to the following B-Schools and now I am confused. As an average 24 year old I am confused on my career goals but yes as I am from the IT background so a job on those lines would be good. Just want to take my career to the next level and obviously with such a big investment ROI would be top priority to be honest.

Aston- Unconditional
Strathclyde- Unconditional
Nottingham - Conditional (Want an IELTS score)
Lancaster - Conditional (Want a 600 GMAT score)

I liked the guaranteed paid internship with Nottingham as it might better my chances for a job later.
Aston/Strath-Triple Accredited,Unconditional Offer
Lancaster- Not too keen on giving the GMAT.

Sorry for the long post guys, help me choose please.

Hi, I am a Software Engineer working with Accenture,India. I have 3 years of Experience. I applied to the following B-Schools and now I am confused. As an average 24 year old I am confused on my career goals but yes as I am from the IT background so a job on those lines would be good. Just want to take my career to the next level and obviously with such a big investment ROI would be top priority to be honest.

Aston- Unconditional
Strathclyde- Unconditional
Nottingham - Conditional (Want an IELTS score)
Lancaster - Conditional (Want a 600 GMAT score)

I liked the guaranteed paid internship with Nottingham as it might better my chances for a job later.
Aston/Strath-Triple Accredited,Unconditional Offer
Lancaster- Not too keen on giving the GMAT.

Sorry for the long post guys, help me choose please.
Inactive User

I think the choice is really between Strathclyde and Lancaster.

Lancaster will probably have the stronger network, and it's rated higher for international mobility so there's a better probability of your landing a job in the UK after graduation.

Have you considered the higher-ranked schools in the UK: Imperial, Warwick, Cranfield, Cass, etc.? These will have better career support and networks, which would make it more likely that you're able to find a job in the UK after graduating.

I think the choice is really between Strathclyde and Lancaster.

Lancaster will probably have the stronger network, and it's rated higher for international mobility so there's a better probability of your landing a job in the UK after graduation.

Have you considered the higher-ranked schools in the UK: Imperial, Warwick, Cranfield, Cass, etc.? These will have better career support and networks, which would make it more likely that you're able to find a job in the UK after graduating.
Duncan

If you want to maximise the value of your investment, take the GMAT. Focus on NPV not ROI.

If you want to maximise the value of your investment, take the GMAT. Focus on NPV not ROI.
rkap

Hi Thanks for that guys. Actually after giving GMAT the options that open up wont fit in my budget. So I have to narrow it down from Strathclyde, Nottingham and Aston. Waiting for the result on Birmingham and Bath. My deposit date is 11th July for Aston so running out of time. Thanks.

Hi Thanks for that guys. Actually after giving GMAT the options that open up wont fit in my budget. So I have to narrow it down from Strathclyde, Nottingham and Aston. Waiting for the result on Birmingham and Bath. My deposit date is 11th July for Aston so running out of time. Thanks.
mistermark

Another option would be to work at Accenture a little longer, save some money, get your GMAT, then invest in a more recognised MBA.

<blockquote>Hi Thanks for that guys. Actually after giving GMAT the options that open up wont fit in my budget. So I have to narrow it down from Strathclyde, Nottingham and Aston. Waiting for the result on Birmingham and Bath. My deposit date is 11th July for Aston so running out of time. Thanks.</blockquote>

Another option would be to work at Accenture a little longer, save some money, get your GMAT, then invest in a more recognised MBA.
rkap

Thanks mistermark. I will keep that as a backup option. I need to get into mba this year.

Aston/Strath/Nottingham????

Anyone got placement news for the current batch of these schools?
Thanks.

Thanks mistermark. I will keep that as a backup option. I need to get into mba this year.

Aston/Strath/Nottingham????

Anyone got placement news for the current batch of these schools?
Thanks.
Mamit

Hi I think Nottingham could be a better option as it as fairly good reputation Internationally.

Hi I think Nottingham could be a better option as it as fairly good reputation Internationally.
MrSeth

Hi Mamit.. any specific reasons of choosing Nott over Strath.. given that Strath has been constantly climbing the FT rankings and is triple accredited.. whereas nott has been on its way down in terms of ranking..

Hi Mamit.. any specific reasons of choosing Nott over Strath.. given that Strath has been constantly climbing the FT rankings and is triple accredited.. whereas nott has been on its way down in terms of ranking..
Duncan

Strathclyde has not been consistently climbing in the rankings. In the FT, it's number 87. It was 74 in 2011 and 41st in 2009.

Strathclyde has not been consistently climbing in the rankings. In the FT, it's number 87. It was 74 in 2011 and 41st in 2009.
MrSeth

oh i had missed that.. thanks!

so do you see any clear cut advantages of one colg over another between the 3 options rkap has? .. looks like he is after a general management degree with a good repo .. perhaps a managerial job afterwards..

Aston/Strath/Nottingham?

oh i had missed that.. thanks!

so do you see any clear cut advantages of one colg over another between the 3 options rkap has? .. looks like he is after a general management degree with a good repo .. perhaps a managerial job afterwards..

Aston/Strath/Nottingham?
Duncan

No, I think he would obviously be better off at one of the GMAT schools.

No, I think he would obviously be better off at one of the GMAT schools.
Mamit

I would suggest the same. GMAT institutions would be better option.

I would suggest the same. GMAT institutions would be better option.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Glasgow, United Kingdom 53 Followers 475 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 338 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions

Other Related Content

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Article Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience