UCL MA in Economics and Business vs Mannheim Master in Management

Arman93

Hi all,
I got offers from both UCL and Mannheim.
MA in Economics and Business in UCL, and Master in Management at Mannheim business school.
Both programs seem very interesting, with their advantages. But, since my main concern is finding a job after graduation, I guess UCL reputation will be a great assist for me. Will be grateful if you give me some advice.

Best,
Arman

Hi all,
I got offers from both UCL and Mannheim.
MA in Economics and Business in UCL, and Master in Management at Mannheim business school.
Both programs seem very interesting, with their advantages. But, since my main concern is finding a job after graduation, I guess UCL reputation will be a great assist for me. Will be grateful if you give me some advice.

Best,
Arman
ezra

Mannheim is ranked higher in the FT's MIM ranking, with a much higher salary, although Lancaster is ranked higher in terms of international mobility.

Do you speak German? If you did I think that Mannheim would be a no-brainer, unless you specifically wanted to work in the UK.

You might ask the schools about post graduation career outcomes. Compared to MBAs, I think that the chances of landing a job in a European country after graduation tends to be much lower for these other masters programs.

Mannheim is ranked higher in the FT's MIM ranking, with a much higher salary, although Lancaster is ranked higher in terms of international mobility.

Do you speak German? If you did I think that Mannheim would be a no-brainer, unless you specifically wanted to work in the UK.

You might ask the schools about post graduation career outcomes. Compared to MBAs, I think that the chances of landing a job in a European country after graduation tends to be much lower for these other masters programs.
Arman93

And what do you think about University reputation?

And what do you think about University reputation?
Inactive User

Echoing ezra's thoughts, Lancaster's reputation will carry more weight in the UK, and Mannheim in Germany.

I doubt that either degree would give you much leverage outside of the country that they are in. For a degree that carries more weight internationally, you'd want an MBA program from a top-tier school like LBS or Insead.

Echoing ezra's thoughts, Lancaster's reputation will carry more weight in the UK, and Mannheim in Germany.

I doubt that either degree would give you much leverage outside of the country that they are in. For a degree that carries more weight internationally, you'd want an MBA program from a top-tier school like LBS or Insead.
Arman93

I am thinking about doing MBA in 4-5 years. I am only 21 and have no experience of working or studying out of Armenia.
So first of all I hope after graduation to get opportunity to work , get some experience before MBA.

I am thinking about doing MBA in 4-5 years. I am only 21 and have no experience of working or studying out of Armenia.
So first of all I hope after graduation to get opportunity to work , get some experience before MBA.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 220 Discussions
Preston, United Kingdom 6 Followers 7 Discussions