Teesside MBA

bambros2

Hi there I'm considering finishing my studies at Teesside University. I have come through the CMI route and finished the level 7 in strategic leadership last year. The next step would be to complete the MBA - as a result of the CMI route I would get onto the final year of the MBA. I would like to know whether it would be better to take up the option of the Teeside MBA or to start at year one at another institions MBA course. I'm unsure how much the reputation of the university affects future employability. As an aside I have over 10 years experience in the communications industry.

Hi there I'm considering finishing my studies at Teesside University. I have come through the CMI route and finished the level 7 in strategic leadership last year. The next step would be to complete the MBA - as a result of the CMI route I would get onto the final year of the MBA. I would like to know whether it would be better to take up the option of the Teeside MBA or to start at year one at another institions MBA course. I'm unsure how much the reputation of the university affects future employability. As an aside I have over 10 years experience in the communications industry.
bambros2

Can anyone kindly advise me please as I'm a total loss as to what to do.

Can anyone kindly advise me please as I'm a total loss as to what to do.
ezra

Do you have any other schools in mind? Teesside is not accredited by any international organization - accreditations are usually indicative of quality.

Do you have any other schools in mind? Teesside is not accredited by any international organization - accreditations are usually indicative of quality.
Duncan

Ezra is right. If you want your MBA to be taken seriously it needs international accreditation (http://www.find-mba.com/accreditations). If you're spending your own money, then also aim for the best MBA you can get into. You'd be a strong candidate for the part-time MBAs in Durham, Newcastle or Bradford. If you can look further then the universities of Edinburgh, Manchester or London are even better.

Ezra is right. If you want your MBA to be taken seriously it needs international accreditation (http://www.find-mba.com/accreditations). If you're spending your own money, then also aim for the best MBA you can get into. You'd be a strong candidate for the part-time MBAs in Durham, Newcastle or Bradford. If you can look further then the universities of Edinburgh, Manchester or London are even better.
donho199

Hi mate,

I have read this but one thing puzzled me. What is direct entry to first year of Teesside MBA? Are you planning doing it part-time? Because almost all UK MBA is 1 year 12 month long.

About Teesside, I am not sure where you are from and why you are interested in this peculiar school and place. It is an industrial sump and even people in the Tees Valley agree with me on this. With companies pulling out of the region and with the outsourcing of industrial and manufacturing jobs the whole region is doomed.

The University is not a strong one overall even though there is brighter spot such as design and games degrees. They tend to have graduates placing in all key positions and places but some graduates from the University actually disagreed with me. Lets leave it at that.

So comes the MBA. Well to be honest I would not go to Teesside unless you have no other choices. The economy sucks and the school sucks.

A bit above it is Northumbria University MBA or if you dont mind travelling Bradford or Leeds University as Duncan pointed out. A bit above it is Newcastle University and even better Durham MBA.

I can be faulted for not being politically-correct and yes, I may not be. I understand wholly the suffering of the people who lost their jobs to cheaper overseas workers and I wholly understand the hard-work of the lecturers putting up with kids who struggle to teach kids on engineering degree not able to do simple equations or basic arithemetic. But please, without first accepting the problems in place and looking direct at them we have no chance of solving them.

Good luck

Hi mate,

I have read this but one thing puzzled me. What is direct entry to first year of Teesside MBA? Are you planning doing it part-time? Because almost all UK MBA is 1 year 12 month long.

About Teesside, I am not sure where you are from and why you are interested in this peculiar school and place. It is an industrial sump and even people in the Tees Valley agree with me on this. With companies pulling out of the region and with the outsourcing of industrial and manufacturing jobs the whole region is doomed.

The University is not a strong one overall even though there is brighter spot such as design and games degrees. They tend to have graduates placing in all key positions and places but some graduates from the University actually disagreed with me. Lets leave it at that.

So comes the MBA. Well to be honest I would not go to Teesside unless you have no other choices. The economy sucks and the school sucks.

A bit above it is Northumbria University MBA or if you dont mind travelling Bradford or Leeds University as Duncan pointed out. A bit above it is Newcastle University and even better Durham MBA.

I can be faulted for not being politically-correct and yes, I may not be. I understand wholly the suffering of the people who lost their jobs to cheaper overseas workers and I wholly understand the hard-work of the lecturers putting up with kids who struggle to teach kids on engineering degree not able to do simple equations or basic arithemetic. But please, without first accepting the problems in place and looking direct at them we have no chance of solving them.

Good luck
bambros2

Hi all and thanks for your responses. I will consider carefully what my next move is and where I am going to spend my hard earned cash to achieve my MBA.

Hi all and thanks for your responses. I will consider carefully what my next move is and where I am going to spend my hard earned cash to achieve my MBA.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 5 Followers 13 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions
Leeds, United Kingdom 18 Followers 164 Discussions
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 11 Followers 92 Discussions
Tees Valley, United Kingdom 4 Followers 5 Discussions