Startup and EMBA

mark1

Hi all,
I've just started my online startup business based in London (marketplace toward company formation business) and also a company formation business focused on Russia (my partners live in Moscow and have good relationships there). I'm already having good success.
I was reasearching how to increase business traction: since I'm 36y, can you suggest any Emba programs that could help? (My background is on IT, tough)
Regards

Hi all,
I've just started my online startup business based in London (marketplace toward company formation business) and also a company formation business focused on Russia (my partners live in Moscow and have good relationships there). I'm already having good success.
I was reasearching how to increase business traction: since I'm 36y, can you suggest any Emba programs that could help? (My background is on IT, tough)
Regards
ralph

Look for programs that have at least some curriculum in entrepreneurship. HEC Paris offers an EMBA that features an entrepreneurship major, I believe.

Look for programs that have at least some curriculum in entrepreneurship. HEC Paris offers an EMBA that features an entrepreneurship major, I believe.
mistermark

Cranfield offers an excellent entrepreneurship module, including pitching for live investment (if required), an annual venture day and case studies based on previous start-ups by alumni, including Moonpig and Go Ape.

Cranfield offers an excellent entrepreneurship module, including pitching for live investment (if required), an annual venture day and case studies based on previous start-ups by alumni, including Moonpig and Go Ape.
Razors Edg...

I think that most EMBAs will have at least *some* entrepreneurship curriculum. I know that participants in the Oxford EMBA program participate in an entrepreneurship project, where they can build a start-up from scratch. Also Warwick offers a number of entrepreneurship electives as well.

Whether these kinds of courses actually lead to viable startups is another question. Ask the schools directly about this.

Personally, I tend to be skeptical that a business management program can actually help build a start-up; accelerators and incubators are often more effective options for aspiring entrepreneurs.

I think that most EMBAs will have at least *some* entrepreneurship curriculum. I know that participants in the Oxford EMBA program participate in an entrepreneurship project, where they can build a start-up from scratch. Also Warwick offers a number of entrepreneurship electives as well.

Whether these kinds of courses actually lead to viable startups is another question. Ask the schools directly about this.

Personally, I tend to be skeptical that a business management program can actually help build a start-up; accelerators and incubators are often more effective options for aspiring entrepreneurs.
mark1

Thanks you all! I'll check the input.

Razor, I m not searching help to build my startup but to grow it in the company formation business, specifically networking. But probably you are right, better investing money in a different way.
Regards

Thanks you all! I'll check the input.

Razor, I m not searching help to build my startup but to grow it in the company formation business, specifically networking. But probably you are right, better investing money in a different way.
Regards

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Full Profile
Jouy-en-Josas, France 100 Followers 387 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 277 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

After the MBA: Alumni Careers in Entrepreneurship

Article Apr 25, 2011

Don't want to work for The Man after all? These alumni used their MBA to help launch their own successful ventures.

Top Business Schools for Entrepreneurs

Top List

For future entrepreneurs or those who want to push new products or initiatives inside of companies, an MBA program can provide the basic fundamentals on how to do it

Hot Discussions