Quantitative finance masters comparison

kolamy

Hi Everyone,

I'm a software engineer and an oversea student with two years of experience. I want to enter the finance sector and work in the UK.

I received several offers for MSc in Quantitative Finance (and similar) from the following universities:

- University of Glasgow : Quantitative Finance MSc
- University of Leicester : MSc in Financial Mathematics and Computation
- Newcastle University : MSc in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management
- Queen Mary University of London : MSc Mathematical Finance
- University of Sussex : MSc in Financial Mathematics
- University of Strathclyde : MSc in Quantitative Finance
- University of Exeter : MSc Financial Mathematics and MSc Computational Finance
- The University of Leeds : MSc Financial Mathematics
- University of Essex : MSc Financial Engineering and Risk - Management and MSc Computational Finance
- Birkbeck College : MSc in Financial Engineering.

I'm still waiting for university of Lancaster's Quantitative Finance MSc response.

Please help me in choosing the better one from the above and why is it good and how are the job prospects.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a software engineer and an oversea student with two years of experience. I want to enter the finance sector and work in the UK.

I received several offers for MSc in Quantitative Finance (and similar) from the following universities:

- University of Glasgow : Quantitative Finance MSc
- University of Leicester : MSc in Financial Mathematics and Computation
- Newcastle University : MSc in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management
- Queen Mary University of London : MSc Mathematical Finance
- University of Sussex : MSc in Financial Mathematics
- University of Strathclyde : MSc in Quantitative Finance
- University of Exeter : MSc Financial Mathematics and MSc Computational Finance
- The University of Leeds : MSc Financial Mathematics
- University of Essex : MSc Financial Engineering and Risk - Management and MSc Computational Finance
- Birkbeck College : MSc in Financial Engineering.

I'm still waiting for university of Lancaster's Quantitative Finance MSc response.

Please help me in choosing the better one from the above and why is it good and how are the job prospects.

Thank you very much in advance.
Duncan

I would start with the FT ranking.

kolamy

Based on that my best choice would be the University of Strathclyde.

<blockquote>I would start with the FT ranking. </blockquote>

Based on that my best choice would be the University of Strathclyde.
Duncan

It's the best on your list. Of course there are other schools higher up in the ranking.

It's the best on your list. Of course there are other schools higher up in the ranking.
donho199

You have applied to too many schools with no real difference in quality.

Look at Edinburgh programme.

I dont know much about these programs but Newcastle and Leeds are very strong in Maths and Computer Science and Finance and that is probably a good sign.

Lancaster is more geared towards general management

If you want to take a couple of gears up look at Oxford or Warwick UCL or Imperial.

I love the Oxford programme having done a couple of modules there. The teaching is superb and you can do it in part-time mode

I dont know much about these programs but Newcastle and Leeds are very strong in Maths and Computer Science and Finance and that is probably a good sign.

If you want to take a couple of gears up look at Oxford or Warwick UCL or Imperial.

I love the Oxford programme having done a couple of modules there. The teaching is superb and you can do it in part-time mode
kolamy

Their fees are unfortunately too expensive for me!

<blockquote>You have applied to too many schools with no real difference in quality.

I love the Oxford programme having done a couple of modules there. The teaching is superb and you can do it in part-time mode </blockquote>

Their fees are unfortunately too expensive for me!
Duncan

Add the "Value" attribute to the FT ranking, and compare that with international mobility. Many of the better schools outside the UK are also better value.

Add the "Value" attribute to the FT ranking, and compare that with international mobility. Many of the better schools outside the UK are also better value.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Leicester, United Kingdom 15 Followers 60 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 53 Followers 475 Discussions
Exeter, United Kingdom 12 Followers 102 Discussions
Leeds, United Kingdom 18 Followers 164 Discussions
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 11 Followers 92 Discussions
Brighton, United Kingdom 3 Followers 18 Discussions
Glasgow, United Kingdom 17 Followers 116 Discussions
Colchester, United Kingdom 8 Followers 32 Discussions

Hot Discussions