Please advise about MBA in UK

Whitesun

Hi Duncan,
Hi Friends,

I am thinking to apply to business schools in United Kingdom and I am really confused which business school better is. My choices are:

* University of Leeds
* University of Birmingham
* Newcastle University
* University of Glasgow
* University of Sheffield
* University of Aberdeen
* University of Warwick (Distance Learning)

University of Birmingham and University of Leeds seems one of the best business schools in UK. Especially, Birmingham Business School now holds the gold standard of ?triple-crown? accreditation from the AACSB.

I am really not sure about Newcastle, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Sheffield which better is. I put Glasgow and Aberdeen to my list these because of that these schools have really good reputation as old universities. Sheffield and Glasgow are also top 70 universities in the world.

Laslty, I know that the best business school is Warwick. However, due to fact that warwick business school is too expensive, I prefer its distance learning program (its approx. GBP 10000 less than studying full time in UK). Is there any difference for top companies between DL MBA and normal MBA (studying full time) ?

I selected these schools according to my budget and my max GMAT score and I definetly prefer to study in UK. Please advise in line with this direction.

I really look forward to your response and detailed evaluation.

Regards,
Aktan

Hi Duncan,
Hi Friends,

I am thinking to apply to business schools in United Kingdom and I am really confused which business school better is. My choices are:

* University of Leeds
* University of Birmingham
* Newcastle University
* University of Glasgow
* University of Sheffield
* University of Aberdeen
* University of Warwick (Distance Learning)

University of Birmingham and University of Leeds seems one of the best business schools in UK. Especially, Birmingham Business School now holds the gold standard of ?triple-crown? accreditation from the AACSB.

I am really not sure about Newcastle, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Sheffield which better is. I put Glasgow and Aberdeen to my list these because of that these schools have really good reputation as old universities. Sheffield and Glasgow are also top 70 universities in the world.

Laslty, I know that the best business school is Warwick. However, due to fact that warwick business school is too expensive, I prefer its distance learning program (its approx. GBP 10000 less than studying full time in UK). Is there any difference for top companies between DL MBA and normal MBA (studying full time) ?

I selected these schools according to my budget and my max GMAT score and I definetly prefer to study in UK. Please advise in line with this direction.

I really look forward to your response and detailed evaluation.

Regards,
Aktan
Duncan

I think you need to decide between distance learning or full-time study. If you want to work in the UK, then study full-time. Employment outcomes are totally different.

What are your goals? What work experience do you have? What's your GMAT score?

I think you need to decide between distance learning or full-time study. If you want to work in the UK, then study full-time. Employment outcomes are totally different.

What are your goals? What work experience do you have? What's your GMAT score?

Whitesun

Hi Duncan,

Thank you very much for your response My GMAT Score is around 570. I am a Civil Engineer and work in one of the best construction companies in the world. After my bachelor degree, I studied in Uni of Nottingham and Uni of Liverpool in MSc Civil Engineering and International Management degree respectively.

Actually, I really would like to work in a multinational company in Turkey. I live in Istanbul and there are many offices of MNC such as Bain&Company, Boston Consulting Group, PwC, P&G etc. My aim is to work in this type of companies, preferably in management consultancy firms. However, it does not matter to work in UK or other countries for me. The most important thing is to get good reputation from these type of business schools for my CV and to gain important information about MBA.

Hi Duncan,

Thank you very much for your response My GMAT Score is around 570. I am a Civil Engineer and work in one of the best construction companies in the world. After my bachelor degree, I studied in Uni of Nottingham and Uni of Liverpool in MSc Civil Engineering and International Management degree respectively.

Actually, I really would like to work in a multinational company in Turkey. I live in Istanbul and there are many offices of MNC such as Bain&Company, Boston Consulting Group, PwC, P&G etc. My aim is to work in this type of companies, preferably in management consultancy firms. However, it does not matter to work in UK or other countries for me. The most important thing is to get good reputation from these type of business schools for my CV and to gain important information about MBA.
Duncan

Why these schools? Have you been offered places there? Your GMAT is rather low for some of these schools.

If you want to work in Turkey, why not study there?

Why these schools? Have you been offered places there? Your GMAT is rather low for some of these schools.

If you want to work in Turkey, why not study there?
Whitesun

Hi Duncan,

Obviously, there are also many universities in Turkey, however it is obvious that top universities provide you to increase your level and your quality of workplace in Turkey because of that there are many people who have same educational background.

I do not think to study except UK. I like there and the universities are really well-known.

I will apply these schools for 2015.

Hi Duncan,

Obviously, there are also many universities in Turkey, however it is obvious that top universities provide you to increase your level and your quality of workplace in Turkey because of that there are many people who have same educational background.

I do not think to study except UK. I like there and the universities are really well-known.

I will apply these schools for 2015.
Duncan

There are three great business schools in Turkey: http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com/business-school-university-ranking-in-turkey.html

There are three great business schools in Turkey: http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com/business-school-university-ranking-in-turkey.html
Whitesun

Dear Duncan and Dear Friends,

There are some good schools for MBA in Turkey, but as I said in my first message, I would like to study my MBA degree in United Kingdom in the universities as stated above. I really looking forward to a good evaluation of these universities for MBA.

Thank you very much for your response.

Dear Duncan and Dear Friends,

There are some good schools for MBA in Turkey, but as I said in my first message, I would like to study my MBA degree in United Kingdom in the universities as stated above. I really looking forward to a good evaluation of these universities for MBA.

Thank you very much for your response.
Helga20

Hi Aktan,
Hi Duncan,
Hi All,

Your university list's universities are also in my list in which I consider to study MBA. I think that if general ranking in the world are considered, Glasgow, Birmingham, Sheffield and Leeds are best for full time. Especially Birmingham and Leeds have good business schools and well-known.

Hi Aktan,
Hi Duncan,
Hi All,

Your university list's universities are also in my list in which I consider to study MBA. I think that if general ranking in the world are considered, Glasgow, Birmingham, Sheffield and Leeds are best for full time. Especially Birmingham and Leeds have good business schools and well-known.

Duncan

If you are looking for good outcomes from your MBA then you should pay more attention to the quality of the business school than to the quality of the university as a whole. For example, St Andrews is a much better university than City but City's business school is a far, far better school. Glasgow and Sheffield are strong universities, but they do not have business schools with strong placement, powerful alumni networks or placement in FT rankings.

If you are looking for good outcomes from your MBA then you should pay more attention to the quality of the business school than to the quality of the university as a whole. For example, St Andrews is a much better university than City but City's business school is a far, far better school. Glasgow and Sheffield are strong universities, but they do not have business schools with strong placement, powerful alumni networks or placement in FT rankings.
Helga20

Duncan, you are right. So, could you please also for me put the universities above in order, if you have only this universities to apply?

Duncan, you are right. So, could you please also for me put the universities above in order, if you have only this universities to apply?
Duncan

You can do this yourself by reading through the discussions on this board. I'd say:
1. - Birmingham
- then a big gap
3rd equal - Sheffield and Leeds
4. - Glasgow.

You can do this yourself by reading through the discussions on this board. I'd say:
1. - Birmingham
- then a big gap
3rd equal - Sheffield and Leeds
4. - Glasgow.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom 7 Followers 80 Discussions
Leeds, United Kingdom 18 Followers 164 Discussions
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 11 Followers 92 Discussions
Sheffield, United Kingdom 11 Followers 96 Discussions