Newcastle/RHUL/NTU

I am a computer science and engineering student in my final year, planning to study in UK for my Masters.
I currently have a conditional(as I complete graduation in may'12) offer from:
1.MSc E-Business Information systems-Newcastle Business school
2.Engineering Mangement MSc- @ Nottingham Trent University
3.Business Information Systems MSc-@ royal Holloway University of London
4.University of Portsmouth-MSC INFORMATION SYSTEMS

Nottingham Trent is also offering a sandwich course comprising 9 months of study, followed by internship for 1 year and then 3 months of dissertation work.

What would you suggest I go for?

I am a computer science and engineering student in my final year, planning to study in UK for my Masters.

Nottingham Trent is also offering a sandwich course comprising 9 months of study, followed by internship for 1 year and then 3 months of dissertation work.

Mamit

Hi Nikita,
you can opt for better universities then the ones you have opted. With regards to sandwich placement, no UK university assure any placement, they will ask you to find the placements by your self. Therefore i would suggest that you should not decide your university based on such criteria.
I would highly recommend to opt for top ranking universities if you have sufficient funds available.
Regards
Mamit

<blockquote>I am a computer science and engineering student in my final year, planning to study in UK for my Masters.

What would you suggest I go for?</blockquote>

Hi Nikita,
you can opt for better universities then the ones you have opted. With regards to sandwich placement, no UK university assure any placement, they will ask you to find the placements by your self. Therefore i would suggest that you should not decide your university based on such criteria.
I would highly recommend to opt for top ranking universities if you have sufficient funds available.
Regards
Mamit
ezra

you can opt for better universities then the ones you have opted.

Indeed, at the very least, check out Manchester's range of MSc offerings in information systems - these degrees will carry more weight than the others you listed.

And if you can wait until 2013, Durham is planning on launching an MSc in Innovation, Technology and Operations Management that looks interesting.

<blockquote>you can opt for better universities then the ones you have opted.</blockquote>
Indeed, at the very least, check out Manchester's range of MSc offerings in information systems - these degrees will carry more weight than the others you listed.

And if you can wait until 2013, Durham is planning on launching an MSc in Innovation, Technology and Operations Management that looks interesting.

Hi Nikita,
Regards
Mamit

Mamit,
I am beyond grateful that you could reply to my query. There is no constraint of finances as such. But I have to admit that my grades in my engineering don't boast excellence. I have a current 53% and may achieve something nearing a 55-57% by the end of my final semester. So that could be a major constraint in my case.
Apart from the above, I had applied to MBS and Southampton. But have faced rejection from both.

I would be really obliged if you could offer your suggestion.

<blockquote><blockquote>I am a computer science and engineering student in my final year, planning to study in UK for my Masters.

What would you suggest I go for?</blockquote>

Hi Nikita,
Regards
Mamit</blockquote>

Mamit,
I am beyond grateful that you could reply to my query. There is no constraint of finances as such. But I have to admit that my grades in my engineering don't boast excellence. I have a current 53% and may achieve something nearing a 55-57% by the end of my final semester. So that could be a major constraint in my case.
Apart from the above, I had applied to MBS and Southampton. But have faced rejection from both.

I would be really obliged if you could offer your suggestion.

you can opt for better universities then the ones you have opted.

Thanks you for your response Sir. I had applied to an MSc program at MBS but have faced rejection because of my low grades. Could you suggest any other options for me?
I'll be grateful.
Regards.

<blockquote><blockquote>you can opt for better universities then the ones you have opted.</blockquote>

And if you can wait until 2013, Durham is planning on launching an MSc in Innovation, Technology and Operations Management that looks interesting.</blockquote>

Thanks you for your response Sir. I had applied to an MSc program at MBS but have faced rejection because of my low grades. Could you suggest any other options for me?
I'll be grateful.
Regards.
Mamit

Hi Nikita,
Have you taken IELTS??? and what are your scores ??

Hi Nikita,

Hi Nikita,

Mamit,
I haven't taken IELTS as of yet. Some of my offers do not require me to take IELTS as I have scored 84 marks in English in XII Board(CBSE). However I plan to take once my engineering is over.

<blockquote>Hi Nikita,
Have you taken IELTS??? and what are your scores ??</blockquote>

Mamit,
I haven't taken IELTS as of yet. Some of my offers do not require me to take IELTS as I have scored 84 marks in English in XII Board(CBSE). However I plan to take once my engineering is over.
Mamit

Hi Nikita,

Mamit,

Yes with 84% marks, i believe most of the universities will exempt your English requirement but some high ranked universities would still require IELTS.

<blockquote><blockquote>Hi Nikita,
Have you taken IELTS??? and what are your scores ??</blockquote>

Mamit,
I haven't taken IELTS as of yet. Some of my offers do not require me to take IELTS as I have scored 84 marks in English in XII Board(CBSE). However I plan to take once my engineering is over.</blockquote>
Yes with 84% marks, i believe most of the universities will exempt your English requirement but some high ranked universities would still require IELTS.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Manchester, United Kingdom 65 Followers 514 Discussions
Egham, United Kingdom 7 Followers 35 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 10 Followers 38 Discussions
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 11 Followers 92 Discussions
Southampton, United Kingdom 8 Followers 65 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

Hot Discussions