MBA with supply chain/ logistics management as elective

nshwetha

Hi ,
I am looking for MBA universities in Uk, spain , italy and france which offers an elective as supply chain/ logistics management for MBA. I will be taking my IELTS an the end of this may 2011. I am not planning to take GMAT.
I have completed my BE in computer science and posses a full time professional experience of 3 years.
Kindly suggest to me some good universities which offer an elective as supply chain/ logistics management without a GMAT.
I have currently applied for Bradford.

Thanks,
Shwetha

Hi ,
I am looking for MBA universities in Uk, spain , italy and france which offers an elective as supply chain/ logistics management for MBA. I will be taking my IELTS an the end of this may 2011. I am not planning to take GMAT.
I have completed my BE in computer science and posses a full time professional experience of 3 years.
Kindly suggest to me some good universities which offer an elective as supply chain/ logistics management without a GMAT.

Thanks,
Shwetha
jairamz

Hi All,

I am also looking the same. Any thoughts on this please.

Thanks,Jayaram

Hi All,

I am also looking the same. Any thoughts on this please.

Thanks,Jayaram
Duncan

Have you tried Google? http://bit.ly/mletSo Birmingham, Cardiff, Cranfield, Durham, Nottingham, Oxford and Warwick come out very high.

But seriously, I think almost every MBA will have that partly in the core, but they will often call it operations management.

Have you tried Google? http://bit.ly/mletSo Birmingham, Cardiff, Cranfield, Durham, Nottingham, Oxford and Warwick come out very high.

But seriously, I think almost every MBA will have that partly in the core, but they will often call it operations management.

Kindly suggest to me some good universities which offer an elective as supply chain/logistics management without a GMAT.

Cranfield is probably the best school in ops mgt, including SCM.

In all UK schools the topic is taught with minimal quants, so very distinct from operations research. This is currently seen as too light (especially by US or international standards), so OR is/has been replacing OM in most good schools (eg LSE, LBS). So think carefully what knowledge you seek to gain, basic management ideas (OM) or applicable tools (OR).

<blockquote>
Kindly suggest to me some good universities which offer an elective as supply chain/logistics management without a GMAT. </blockquote>

In all UK schools the topic is taught with minimal quants, so very distinct from operations research. This is currently seen as too light (especially by US or international standards), so OR is/has been replacing OM in most good schools (eg LSE, LBS). So think carefully what knowledge you seek to gain, basic management ideas (OM) or applicable tools (OR).
Mamit

There are few good universities offering MBA without GMAT provided candidate has 3-4 years of workexp. but in most of these universities you would be able to find SCM as an elective.
Some of them are
Bradford
Aston
Durham
Strathclyde
Birmingham

There are few good universities offering MBA without GMAT provided candidate has 3-4 years of workexp. but in most of these universities you would be able to find SCM as an elective.
Some of them are
Bradford
Aston
Durham
Strathclyde
Birmingham
mistermark

I agree. It's a mandatory course for all students, and is very well taught. One reason is that Cranfield is located close to Milton Keynes and also places like Lutterworth, which are located close to the M1 motorway in the East Midlands so are where many of the UK's big distribution sheds are located. The School's faculty therefore have many consulting clients in the sector and it also offers an MSc in the subject, which is well regarded.

<blockquote>
Cranfield is probably the best school in ops mgt, including SCM. </blockquote>

I agree. It's a mandatory course for all students, and is very well taught. One reason is that Cranfield is located close to Milton Keynes and also places like Lutterworth, which are located close to the M1 motorway in the East Midlands so are where many of the UK's big distribution sheds are located. The School's faculty therefore have many consulting clients in the sector and it also offers an MSc in the subject, which is well regarded.

I think a key reason is that the faculty has a good mix of people seeking knowledge leadership and those seeking practical relevance.

Because of the government research assessments, more or less all UK business schools are pursuing rather inward-looking research, which in turn attracts staff which themselves are primarily interested in academic theory positioning than enhancing industry. Cranfield has managed to keep the research agenda (to look good on official assessments) while still generate industrial relevance. And for MBAs and other students, this is obviously essential.

The school has also managed to attract staff who share their consulting experiences and contacts. This is rare in my experience because of very poor pay/culture among UK academics. So they tend to keep any corporate contacts private to ensure they don't loose out on precious consulting opportunities. Good for the individual but awful for the group/school performance.

And, no, I have no affiliation with Cranfield whatsoever, but I do have with several of its competitors.

I think a key reason is that the faculty has a good mix of people seeking knowledge leadership and those seeking practical relevance.

Because of the government research assessments, more or less all UK business schools are pursuing rather inward-looking research, which in turn attracts staff which themselves are primarily interested in academic theory positioning than enhancing industry. Cranfield has managed to keep the research agenda (to look good on official assessments) while still generate industrial relevance. And for MBAs and other students, this is obviously essential.

The school has also managed to attract staff who share their consulting experiences and contacts. This is rare in my experience because of very poor pay/culture among UK academics. So they tend to keep any corporate contacts private to ensure they don't loose out on precious consulting opportunities. Good for the individual but awful for the group/school performance.

And, no, I have no affiliation with Cranfield whatsoever, but I do have with several of its competitors.

Hi ,

Thanks,
Shwetha

Shwetha,
I would highly recommend looking around the internet and seeing what best fits your style of education. Obviously in today's age I feel like there are tons of ways to get your degree and especially in logistics. I think it's great that you have completed your computer science degree and that will help so much while going after your next degree/career as well.

Here is a list of rankings as well with some of the top schools in the world that might help you as http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-supply-chain-management-logistics

Hopefully these will help a bit and I wish you the best of luck!

<blockquote>Hi ,

Thanks,
Shwetha</blockquote>

Shwetha,
I would highly recommend looking around the internet and seeing what best fits your style of education. Obviously in today's age I feel like there are tons of ways to get your degree and especially in logistics. I think it's great that you have completed your computer science degree and that will help so much while going after your next degree/career as well.

Here is a list of rankings as well with some of the top schools in the world that might help you as http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-supply-chain-management-logistics

Hopefully these will help a bit and I wish you the best of luck!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Cardiff, United Kingdom 15 Followers 91 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 278 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions

Other Related Content

Dec 01, 2023

Warwick Launches New Hybrid Accelerator MBA For March 2024 Intake

News Dec 01, 2023

MBA Programs in Supply Chain Management: Beyond Logistics

Article Feb 05, 2013

How sustainability and other current topics are making supply chain roles exciting

Hot Discussions