MBA -UK September 2013

Keren

I have offers from Coventry (London Campus), Cardiff, Glamorgan and Swansea for MBA and MSc Management from University of Sheffield and MSc Informatics from Coventry University( Coventry Campus). I'm really confused about what to pick. I need to complete a PG degree that has value if I return to India. I'm a fresher with a B.E. ECE degree. Kindly advice me on the above colleges.

I have offers from Coventry (London Campus), Cardiff, Glamorgan and Swansea for MBA and MSc Management from University of Sheffield and MSc Informatics from Coventry University( Coventry Campus). I'm really confused about what to pick. I need to complete a PG degree that has value if I return to India. I'm a fresher with a B.E. ECE degree. Kindly advice me on the above colleges.
Mamit

Hi Keren,
None of these have good recognition except Sheffield, which is comparatively better than others. Firstly I would like to know weather you are looking for MSc in Management or MSc in Informatics as these are two completely different fields and therefore you need to target completely different sets of universities. for Management you would need to target top B-Schools whereas for Informatics you would need to target Universities ranked for Computing and Technical studies.

Hi Keren,
None of these have good recognition except Sheffield, which is comparatively better than others. Firstly I would like to know weather you are looking for MSc in Management or MSc in Informatics as these are two completely different fields and therefore you need to target completely different sets of universities. for Management you would need to target top B-Schools whereas for Informatics you would need to target Universities ranked for Computing and Technical studies.
Mamit

Hi Keren,

Hi Keren,
Pearly

Hi Keren,

Just like Mamit said, none of these two schools have good recognition, it appears you are confused about what direction to take. What are your areas of interest? where do you see your self 5yrs from now and 10yrs(long-term) from now. Think about this and it would help you know the right study to pursue. What is your background? When you have analyzed all these then you can focus on that area that strikes you. Top B-Schools are good to look out for MBA and Management courses, Top Schools in Computing will help you achieve your dreams if you are looking at this area. For each programme you are seeking you need to target schools that are highly ranked in that area. Checkout http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2013 for top B-schools and http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2013/jun/03/university-league-table-2014 and http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings for top schools by subject.

All the best Keren.......

Hi Keren,

Just like Mamit said, none of these two schools have good recognition, it appears you are confused about what direction to take. What are your areas of interest? where do you see your self 5yrs from now and 10yrs(long-term) from now. Think about this and it would help you know the right study to pursue. What is your background? When you have analyzed all these then you can focus on that area that strikes you. Top B-Schools are good to look out for MBA and Management courses, Top Schools in Computing will help you achieve your dreams if you are looking at this area. For each programme you are seeking you need to target schools that are highly ranked in that area. Checkout http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2013 for top B-schools and http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2013/jun/03/university-league-table-2014 and http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings for top schools by subject.

All the best Keren.......
prakhar

Hello
I am planning to do my MBA from UK and i am a fresher, I took my GRE last year in August and my score was 293 and i am a fresher (just passed out this year, did my graduation in mechanical engineering) I am planning to take toefl test on 24th aug...and planning to apply for cardiff...for MBA program in jan 2014.....just wanted to know is there any jan intake at cardiff????....if not please mention some of the universities which are better than cardiff somewhere around it in UK's top 30 or top 40 where i can apply with my toefl score for jan 2014 intake

Regards
Prakhar Jajoo

Hello
I am planning to do my MBA from UK and i am a fresher, I took my GRE last year in August and my score was 293 and i am a fresher (just passed out this year, did my graduation in mechanical engineering) I am planning to take toefl test on 24th aug...and planning to apply for cardiff...for MBA program in jan 2014.....just wanted to know is there any jan intake at cardiff????....if not please mention some of the universities which are better than cardiff somewhere around it in UK's top 30 or top 40 where i can apply with my toefl score for jan 2014 intake

Regards
Prakhar Jajoo
Mamit

Hi Prakhar,
Cardiff MBA is not worth for the price you would be paying (18K) and with no work experience, I would not recommend you for MBA, you should rather go for MSc to an accredited B-School. and if you still want to go for MBA then I would suggest you to opt for Universities based in London. (as you will have access to wider range of opportunities in London)

Hi Prakhar,
Cardiff MBA is not worth for the price you would be paying (18K) and with no work experience, I would not recommend you for MBA, you should rather go for MSc to an accredited B-School. and if you still want to go for MBA then I would suggest you to opt for Universities based in London. (as you will have access to wider range of opportunities in London)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Cardiff, United Kingdom 15 Followers 91 Discussions
Swansea, United Kingdom 4 Followers 3 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 0 Followers 32 Discussions

Other Related Content

Master in Management Programs Versus MBAs

Article Apr 02, 2013

Want to study business, but don't have work experience? An MSc or MiM might be right for you