MBA Sept/Oct 2010

miteshmcse

Hi All,

I have 7 plus years of exp in the field of Information technology, have completed certification like PRINCE2.
Have international experience of 18 Months in UK and 6 Months in USA.

I am willing to take MBA to move higher in to Managament Laddar. Can you please advice on available options for me.

Due to very busy schedule i am not in position to appear for GMAT examiniation so that is problem for me.

I agree that current job market is not good worldwide due to recession but by the time u finish MBA course in sept 2011, it will be in stable and better position and with Olympics coming up in 2012 i definatly think that it will be in good shape in UK.

Please advice on what all universities are available where its possible to get in without GMAT score.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I have 7 plus years of exp in the field of Information technology, have completed certification like PRINCE2.

I am willing to take MBA to move higher in to Managament Laddar. Can you please advice on available options for me.

Due to very busy schedule i am not in position to appear for GMAT examiniation so that is problem for me.

I agree that current job market is not good worldwide due to recession but by the time u finish MBA course in sept 2011, it will be in stable and better position and with Olympics coming up in 2012 i definatly think that it will be in good shape in UK.

Please advice on what all universities are available where its possible to get in without GMAT score.

Thanks.
prateekks

Hi,
Most of the top schools ask for a GMAT score. U may try some of these:
Cardiff
Aberdeen
Kent
Bangor
Stirling
Aberystwyth
Oxford Brookes
Swansea
Newcastle

There are a couple of other schools that dont ask for GMAT score.If u applying 2 any of the above schools look for those with AMBA Accredition like Aberystwyth,Swansea,Kent etc.

Hi,
Most of the top schools ask for a GMAT score. U may try some of these:
Cardiff
Aberdeen
Kent
Bangor
Stirling
Aberystwyth
Oxford Brookes
Swansea
Newcastle

There are a couple of other schools that dont ask for GMAT score.If u applying 2 any of the above schools look for those with AMBA Accredition like Aberystwyth,Swansea,Kent etc.
boy-on-biz

Hi -

You do need GMAT for all the best programs. But if you are willing to go to a 1 yr program without GMAT requirement, they will not be the best knwon for the MBA.

It seems you are most interested in getting the qualification and general business knowledge to improve your current position rather than any career change.

In this case, you should also look at EMBA programs. Cass Business School does not require the GMAT and it is well known in the city. LBS needs the GMAT but I would argue it is more experience they look at for EMBA unlike their full time program.

Basically for EMBA's you might still need the GMAT but it does not matter that much for EMBA's if you do not get 700+...

Good luck.

Hi -

You do need GMAT for all the best programs. But if you are willing to go to a 1 yr program without GMAT requirement, they will not be the best knwon for the MBA.

It seems you are most interested in getting the qualification and general business knowledge to improve your current position rather than any career change.

In this case, you should also look at EMBA programs. Cass Business School does not require the GMAT and it is well known in the city. LBS needs the GMAT but I would argue it is more experience they look at for EMBA unlike their full time program.

Basically for EMBA's you might still need the GMAT but it does not matter that much for EMBA's if you do not get 700+...

Good luck.
miteshmcse

Can some one advice me how is MBA from University of Birmingham Business Schoole is?.....Their MBA in Internatioanl Business sounds good to me with very good course contents as well...

I have in total 7.6 years exp in the field of Information technology and by the time i come there in sept 2008, it will be 8 years plus exp.

Please advice on the same....
Thanks...........

Can some one advice me how is MBA from University of Birmingham Business Schoole is?.....Their MBA in Internatioanl Business sounds good to me with very good course contents as well...

I have in total 7.6 years exp in the field of Information technology and by the time i come there in sept 2008, it will be 8 years plus exp.

Thanks...........
SabrinaA

Thanks...........

8 yrs is a good work ex man...If you have good track record at Uni and workplace any good B School will take you provided you have a decent GMAT score...If I were you I wouldn't go to B'ham if I don't have financial constraints...there is nothing called 'sounds good' ...closely see if the modules taught in that course are relevant to your career aspirations and who are the faculties for those modules.

Cheers!

_Nes

<blockquote>Can some one advice me how is MBA from University of Birmingham Business Schoole is?.....Their MBA in Internatioanl Business sounds good to me with very good course contents as well...

Thanks...........</blockquote>

8 yrs is a good work ex man...If you have good track record at Uni and workplace any good B School will take you provided you have a decent GMAT score...If I were you I wouldn't go to B'ham if I don't have financial constraints...there is nothing called 'sounds good' ...closely see if the modules taught in that course are relevant to your career aspirations and who are the faculties for those modules.

Cheers!

_Nes
miteshmcse

Hi Nes,

Thanks for your reply.....

I agree that with good GMAT score i can get admission to any good school as well.....

But due to busy work schedules am not in postiion to go for GMAT and financial constraint also does not allow me to spend too much in my MBA.....

thats the reason i am planning to get in to any of Aston, Durham, Bradford or Birmingham as i think this are good tier 2 MBA institution....whats your take on these universities....

Cheers..
MIT....

Hi Nes,

Thanks for your reply.....

I agree that with good GMAT score i can get admission to any good school as well.....

But due to busy work schedules am not in postiion to go for GMAT and financial constraint also does not allow me to spend too much in my MBA.....

thats the reason i am planning to get in to any of Aston, Durham, Bradford or Birmingham as i think this are good tier 2 MBA institution....whats your take on these universities....

Cheers..
MIT....
SabrinaA

Well, a full time MBA costs multiple times more than a exam like GRE/GMAT...I took GRE when I was working and it took 2 months of preparation...hectic but a do-able thing...

The difference in standard between Aston, Durham, Bradford and Birmingham is very less...all are 'almost' of the same league with Durham got 'just a little' better reputation than the rest as an Uni in the UK.

Its very difficult to say whats tier two since there is no official categorization of tiers and misconceptions do exists...for example before coming to UK I used to think that Lancaster is world class business school, thanks to their agreesive marketing in different news publications but now I find out that Lancaster is a tier 2 b school...there is no such thing as 'good tier 2 mba institution'...its just 'your' perception after referring to rankings ...

Cheers

Nes

Well, a full time MBA costs multiple times more than a exam like GRE/GMAT...I took GRE when I was working and it took 2 months of preparation...hectic but a do-able thing...

The difference in standard between Aston, Durham, Bradford and Birmingham is very less...all are 'almost' of the same league with Durham got 'just a little' better reputation than the rest as an Uni in the UK.

Its very difficult to say whats tier two since there is no official categorization of tiers and misconceptions do exists...for example before coming to UK I used to think that Lancaster is world class business school, thanks to their agreesive marketing in different news publications but now I find out that Lancaster is a tier 2 b school...there is no such thing as 'good tier 2 mba institution'...its just 'your' perception after referring to rankings ...

Cheers

Nes

aragorn123

@miteshmcse

Durham Business School is a very well known Business School, which admits students without GMAT!
All other reputed B-Schools will ask for GMAT score!
So, as per my knowledge, Durham will be the best possible option for you!

@miteshmcse

Durham Business School is a very well known Business School, which admits students without GMAT!
All other reputed B-Schools will ask for GMAT score!
So, as per my knowledge, Durham will be the best possible option for you!
alftodler

Hi All,

Thanks.

I have just my completed my Prince2 too. You are lucky you got some real life experience in the UK, do you know any good places I can get some experience in the US, and can you share some of your experience academically and work related, thanks. You are right the recession has caused some big time inconveniences.

<blockquote>Hi All,

Thanks.</blockquote>,

I have just my completed my Prince2 too. You are lucky you got some real life experience in the UK, do you know any good places I can get some experience in the US, and can you share some of your experience academically and work related, thanks. You are right the recession has caused some big time inconveniences.

Mamit

Congrats.. how long it took for you to prepare for Price 2, and is it necessary to have enough work ex in order to take this exam as even i am planning to take one.

Congrats.. how long it took for you to prepare for Price 2, and is it necessary to have enough work ex in order to take this exam as even i am planning to take one.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom 1 Follower 11 Discussions
Swansea, United Kingdom 4 Followers 14 Discussions
Bangor, United Kingdom 5 Followers 15 Discussions
Stirling, United Kingdom 10 Followers 26 Discussions
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom 11 Followers 92 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom 7 Followers 80 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 338 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 168 Followers 475 Discussions