MBA in London

garuka

Hi All,
I'm looking for a part-time/executive MBA program in London.
These are my requirements:
MBA has to be part-time/executive
Should start January 2010 (early 2010.)
Course fee has to be less than £20,000
Should have a good recognition. Both local and international
Course should be conducted in London (greater London area)

Here come my qualifications
BSc in IT - Curtin Uni of Technology - Australia - 2006
BSc (Hons) in IT - Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology - Sri Lanka - 2007
Member of British Computer Society since 2006

Those two degrees were part of an internship program. During that time I worked as Trainee Software Developer in a multinational software company. During that time I work 4 days a week full time (32 hours a week) and 5 days a week during vacation period.
After graduation I work as a Software Engineer for the same company for about 1.5 years.
And now I'm in UK and working for another firm as a Software Engineer for the last 6 months.

So what are my options here?

Hi All,
I'm looking for a part-time/executive MBA program in London.
These are my requirements:
MBA has to be part-time/executive
Should start January 2010 (early 2010.)
Course fee has to be less than £20,000
Should have a good recognition. Both local and international
Course should be conducted in London (greater London area)

Here come my qualifications
BSc in IT - Curtin Uni of Technology - Australia - 2006
BSc (Hons) in IT - Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology - Sri Lanka - 2007
Member of British Computer Society since 2006

Those two degrees were part of an internship program. During that time I worked as Trainee Software Developer in a multinational software company. During that time I work 4 days a week full time (32 hours a week) and 5 days a week during vacation period.
After graduation I work as a Software Engineer for the same company for about 1.5 years.
And now I'm in UK and working for another firm as a Software Engineer for the last 6 months.

So what are my options here?

Alan

Hi - I doubt a (good) executive program will take you if you just finished school in 2006. Part-time program sounds possible. Lots of MBA options in and around London, but not all of them good. Choose carefully, otherwise you're wasting your money.

http://www.find-mba.com/city/uk-ireland/London

Good luck.

Hi - I doubt a (good) executive program will take you if you just finished school in 2006. Part-time program sounds possible. Lots of MBA options in and around London, but not all of them good. Choose carefully, otherwise you're wasting your money.

http://www.find-mba.com/city/uk-ireland/London

Good luck.
garuka

exactly....That is why I'm looking for some suggestions.
I did some search and found westminster, midddlesex and greenwich are matching my seach criteria.
But I have no idea about the reputation of them. Also I can't find any other options here too.
So help would be really great since I don't want to waste my time and money for some MBA.

exactly....That is why I'm looking for some suggestions.
I did some search and found westminster, midddlesex and greenwich are matching my seach criteria.
But I have no idea about the reputation of them. Also I can't find any other options here too.
So help would be really great since I don't want to waste my time and money for some MBA.
Alan

Well, reputation-wise, none of those our outstanding, but not they aren't among the dodgy ones either. Westminster seems the best, both in terms of location and having that AMBA accreditation. And that's one I had actually heard of in my time living and working in London.

Well, reputation-wise, none of those our outstanding, but not they aren't among the dodgy ones either. Westminster seems the best, both in terms of location and having that AMBA accreditation. And that's one I had actually heard of in my time living and working in London.
fandam

Thank you for the advise!
but what about uwic? are they good?

donho199

London is huge man so we have to take into account what you are exactly.

Also you make some money now ( that is why you go for the part-time) why not spend a bit more cash?

Warwick: 1 hour from London many flexible courses
Cambridge and Oxford have some part-time courses ( not strictly MBA) but the brand name is tempting

Also look for foregin schools offering mba in London. Grenoble ( from France) is a decent choice cheap and triple accreditation, well ranked, offered by a local college.

Chicago as well. Look further mate

If i were you i will wait a couple of years to do a proper MBA. MBA in essence is not a vocational course which teach you a specific skillset. It helps you making sense of your working experience, and providing you with a broad range of knowledge to become an effective manager.

I would say part-time is a good choice because you can always comeback to the teacher and say why dooesnt it work at my place? how should i go to implement what you taught me?

The difference between a good and bad MBA is the teacher will either have both the theory and practice, he invented the theory saw how it works and have acted as a consultant for business and industry. He will then go and say, well son, i once worked for XYZ and we had a French guy ............., or we went to Italy and it is so corrupted to we had to .....,

Bad teacher does not have all of that, he did not invent the theory, he did not see how it works in practice, because anybody can teach an introductory course in any domain right? Intoduction to Nuclear power is not that difficult and neither is Intro to negotiation or intro to financial mathematics.

London is huge man so we have to take into account what you are exactly.

Also you make some money now ( that is why you go for the part-time) why not spend a bit more cash?

Warwick: 1 hour from London many flexible courses
Cambridge and Oxford have some part-time courses ( not strictly MBA) but the brand name is tempting

Also look for foregin schools offering mba in London. Grenoble ( from France) is a decent choice cheap and triple accreditation, well ranked, offered by a local college.

Chicago as well. Look further mate

If i were you i will wait a couple of years to do a proper MBA. MBA in essence is not a vocational course which teach you a specific skillset. It helps you making sense of your working experience, and providing you with a broad range of knowledge to become an effective manager.

I would say part-time is a good choice because you can always comeback to the teacher and say why dooesnt it work at my place? how should i go to implement what you taught me?

The difference between a good and bad MBA is the teacher will either have both the theory and practice, he invented the theory saw how it works and have acted as a consultant for business and industry. He will then go and say, well son, i once worked for XYZ and we had a French guy ............., or we went to Italy and it is so corrupted to we had to .....,

Bad teacher does not have all of that, he did not invent the theory, he did not see how it works in practice, because anybody can teach an introductory course in any domain right? Intoduction to Nuclear power is not that difficult and neither is Intro to negotiation or intro to financial mathematics.

donho...just a question..I've narrowed down on European Business School London, i will appreciate your comments on it!

donho...just a question..I've narrowed down on European Business School London, i will appreciate your comments on it!
garuka

donho199 ,
Well I'm working on the city of london. (east side to be specific) till 5.30pm so going out from london during weekday evenings is not going to be easy task. And I'm looking for a program starts on January 2010.

about grenoble. It is offered by LSBF and I read several posts on this site stating that it is not a very good one.

Chicago doesn't start the course until June 2010 and of course £69000 is to expensive. I can apply for LBS which is much more cheaper.

I really don't have anything against Warwick. My only concern is it's reputation? I may need someone explain that to me.

Please post your suggestions

donho199 ,
Well I'm working on the city of london. (east side to be specific) till 5.30pm so going out from london during weekday evenings is not going to be easy task. And I'm looking for a program starts on January 2010.

about grenoble. It is offered by LSBF and I read several posts on this site stating that it is not a very good one.

Chicago doesn't start the course until June 2010 and of course £69000 is to expensive. I can apply for LBS which is much more cheaper.

I really don't have anything against Warwick. My only concern is it's reputation? I may need someone explain that to me.

Please post your suggestions
donho199

Because let me be honest with you 20 grand for an EMBA doesnt buy you a very good one.

Warwick is very good and always among top 10 in the UK regradless of what ever you get from there. The uni is top 10, the business school is top 10 and the MBA is also top 10 so the reputation is pretty good and for that money i think it is the best you can buy.

I have heard about that European school actually but i dont know anyone personally been there. But I came across at least one CEO of top 500 companies or something and he graduated from there, a german guy and a german company. Of course, that tells you nothing about the quality of the school.

Because let me be honest with you 20 grand for an EMBA doesnt buy you a very good one.

Warwick is very good and always among top 10 in the UK regradless of what ever you get from there. The uni is top 10, the business school is top 10 and the MBA is also top 10 so the reputation is pretty good and for that money i think it is the best you can buy.

I have heard about that European school actually but i dont know anyone personally been there. But I came across at least one CEO of top 500 companies or something and he graduated from there, a german guy and a german company. Of course, that tells you nothing about the quality of the school.

Moses22

Hi,

I am an international student from Ghana currently follow an MBA awarded by the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff (UWIC) in LOndon. The programme is conducted at UWIC?s best partner institution where UWIC has developed a Business Research Institute to offer University of Wales PhD, MPhil and also professional doctorate degrees which goes to show the highest academic standards at this institution.

Middlesex University: £12,500 (Ranking according Times Online Good University Guide 2010: 105)
London South Bank University: £11,595 (Ranking 113)
Westminster University: £16,100 (Ranking 100)
Kingston University: £17,000 (Ranking 89)

The institution I was recommended (in London) where the Awarding body is
University of Wales Institute, Cardiff: £6,450(Ranking: 76)

I enrolled the course after attending a consultation at Vital Insights I was told I can get a partial tuition fee scholarship worth £2500. Brilliant!

College's normal fee: £6,450
My Scholarship: £2,500
Total Tuition Fee: £3,950
And I pay in instalments.

I'm enjoying my course very much and Vital Insights helped me to find this
course and they had other courses on offer too with very good academic
reputation and low fees. I recommend you to go to Vital Insights for a free consultation. There number is . Skype: vitalinsights (website: http://www.vitalinsights.co.uk) Email: [email protected]

Good luck!

<blockquote>Thank you for the advise!
but what about uwic? are they good?</blockquote>

Hi,

I am an international student from Ghana currently follow an MBA awarded by the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff (UWIC) in LOndon. The programme is conducted at UWIC?s best partner institution where UWIC has developed a Business Research Institute to offer University of Wales PhD, MPhil and also professional doctorate degrees which goes to show the highest academic standards at this institution.

Middlesex University: £12,500 (Ranking according Times Online Good University Guide 2010: 105)
London South Bank University: £11,595 (Ranking 113)
Westminster University: £16,100 (Ranking 100)
Kingston University: £17,000 (Ranking 89)

The institution I was recommended (in London) where the Awarding body is
University of Wales Institute, Cardiff: £6,450(Ranking: 76)

I enrolled the course after attending a consultation at Vital Insights I was told I can get a partial tuition fee scholarship worth £2500. Brilliant!

College's normal fee: £6,450
My Scholarship: £2,500
Total Tuition Fee: £3,950
And I pay in instalments.

I'm enjoying my course very much and Vital Insights helped me to find this
course and they had other courses on offer too with very good academic
reputation and low fees. I recommend you to go to Vital Insights for a free consultation. There number is . Skype: vitalinsights (website: http://www.vitalinsights.co.uk) Email: [email protected]

Good luck!
garuka

Well I heard about that program before.
But clearly there is a diffrence between a college and a uni. Staff, facilities and all the aspects.
That is why I have a big doubt about attending to a college rather than uni. MBA normally shape the persons but I really doubt that course conducted by college can do that in same level as in uni.
Comments are welcome

But clearly there is a diffrence between a college and a uni. Staff, facilities and all the aspects.
That is why I have a big doubt about attending to a college rather than uni. MBA normally shape the persons but I really doubt that course conducted by college can do that in same level as in uni.
Comments are welcome
kastoori

Hii,

I'm in final yr BE..planning to pursue MBA in uk,in general or finance...can u plz suggest me the names of the uk universities which offer MBA with no prior work experience..

I've heard tht top ranked universities in uk req.2 to 3 yrs of experiance..but i wnt to pursue my MBA right after my BE course.

wht r d accredits??AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS??

m giving my IELTS exam in march..but, is GMAT score is also needed??

thanks n regards!!

Hii,

I'm in final yr BE..planning to pursue MBA in uk,in general or finance...can u plz suggest me the names of the uk universities which offer MBA with no prior work experience..

I've heard tht top ranked universities in uk req.2 to 3 yrs of experiance..but i wnt to pursue my MBA right after my BE course.

wht r d accredits??AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS??

m giving my IELTS exam in march..but, is GMAT score is also needed??

thanks n regards!!
garuka

Sry dude,
You can't get into any 'GOOD' MBA program without work exp.
But there are lof of MBA programs which u can getin without work exp..But my advice is to wait few years gain some exp and start a MBA

Sry dude,
You can't get into any 'GOOD' MBA program without work exp.
But there are lof of MBA programs which u can getin without work exp..But my advice is to wait few years gain some exp and start a MBA
Moses22

Comments are welcome

As up to date, the lecturers are responsible and tutors are very helfpul. I always satisfy with the teaching quality and the facilities which I have paid for. In fact it is beyond my expectation. I agree with your quote 'MBA normally shape the persons', but it is also depend on houw much effort you have contributed. In short, I would said that the course is worth for money, I am pretty sure that I will definitely get what I want. Just sharing of my experience.

<blockquote>Well I heard about that program before.
Comments are welcome</blockquote>

As up to date, the lecturers are responsible and tutors are very helfpul. I always satisfy with the teaching quality and the facilities which I have paid for. In fact it is beyond my expectation. I agree with your quote 'MBA normally shape the persons', but it is also depend on houw much effort you have contributed. In short, I would said that the course is worth for money, I am pretty sure that I will definitely get what I want. Just sharing of my experience.
Anki

Hi All,

I Too Have HAve teh same Aspiratios:
MBA from a AMBA program.
I have Admission in following Uni;
University Of Westminster
Greenwich Uni
UWIC
Oxford Brooks(MSc, Business Management)

I am ready to spent about £25000 for my degree, Can you All please suggest what should I Opt for, myself having great confusion.

Your Help would be much Appreciated.

Hi All,

I Too Have HAve teh same Aspiratios:
MBA from a AMBA program.
I have Admission in following Uni;
University Of Westminster
Greenwich Uni
UWIC
Oxford Brooks(MSc, Business Management)

I am ready to spent about £25000 for my degree, Can you All please suggest what should I Opt for, myself having great confusion.

Your Help would be much Appreciated.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom 10 Followers 81 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 17 Followers 34 Discussions
Cardiff, United Kingdom 13 Followers 29 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 13 Followers 27 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 9 Followers 14 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 9 Followers 35 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 3 Followers 13 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 20 Followers 58 Discussions
Cambridge, United Kingdom 53 Followers 290 Discussions