mba confusion

m.khan

I have been following this site for a long long time.
I am a 25yr old female working for a local medium size FMCG for the past 3yrs now . I have an undergraduate degree in marketing (hons) & i have stood third in my class(i do not know how to convert into u.k & u.s grades),I have a gmat of 720 and I also have certificate in french, DELF, B2 level. I am very much interested in doing my mba from united kingdom, so can any of you could advise me in the kind of b-school i should target .

I have been following this site for a long long time.
I am a 25yr old female working for a local medium size FMCG for the past 3yrs now . I have an undergraduate degree in marketing (hons) & i have stood third in my class(i do not know how to convert into u.k & u.s grades),I have a gmat of 720 and I also have certificate in french, DELF, B2 level. I am very much interested in doing my mba from united kingdom, so can any of you could advise me in the kind of b-school i should target .
Mamit

Foremost, what specialization are you looking for? what are your career goals?

Foremost, what specialization are you looking for? what are your career goals?
m.khan

Ideally i would like to do mba in entrepreneurship... but i am not quite sure.. so if u cud suggest me how to go about it and the b-schools i should apply. Thank you

Ideally i would like to do mba in entrepreneurship... but i am not quite sure.. so if u cud suggest me how to go about it and the b-schools i should apply. Thank you
Inactive User

I believe that Nottingham has an MBA program with a focus in entrepreneurship, but in general specialized MBA programs are harder to find in the UK than in the US, for instance.

My feeling, though, is that your work experience is probably going to be on the low side for a lot of the MBA programs that would otherwise be suitable. The Oxford program would be ideal, given that it's ranked in the FT and hosts an entrepreneurship center. But the average work experience tends to be around six years. You may get some points with your higher-than-average GMAT score as well as the fact that you are a woman, though.

I believe that Nottingham has an MBA program with a focus in entrepreneurship, but in general specialized MBA programs are harder to find in the UK than in the US, for instance.

My feeling, though, is that your work experience is probably going to be on the low side for a lot of the MBA programs that would otherwise be suitable. The Oxford program would be ideal, given that it's ranked in the FT and hosts an entrepreneurship center. But the average work experience tends to be around six years. You may get some points with your higher-than-average GMAT score as well as the fact that you are a woman, though.
m.khan

Well, thank you for your reply. I do not wish to apply for this year mba... i wanted to apply for the session of 2016/17... so that leaves me with loads of time to make up for my work experience... do you have any other sugestion..?!

Well, thank you for your reply. I do not wish to apply for this year mba... i wanted to apply for the session of 2016/17... so that leaves me with loads of time to make up for my work experience... do you have any other sugestion..?!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Oxford, United Kingdom 70 Followers 278 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England

Article Jun 08, 2012

How MBA programs outside the capital can offer global, practical experience

Hot Discussions