London School Of Business and Finance MBA

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me about the MBA ranking of London School of Business and Finance /

I have got +ve replies from the college. So need advice on joining the same or not ?

Thanks and regards,
Avinash

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me about the MBA ranking of London School of Business and Finance /

I have got +ve replies from the college. So need advice on joining the same or not ?

Thanks and regards,
Avinash
garuka

LSBF is a college in Holborn (central london)
They offer Uni of Wales MBA which costs around £15k.
(http://www.wales.ac.uk/en/Home.aspx)
When it comes to Uni of Wales MBA I really don't think it's worth of spending 15 grands. It's not AMBA recognized as well.
One of my friends study for the same program for less than £5k in some college. (Can't remember the name)

LSBF is a college in Holborn (central london)
They offer Uni of Wales MBA which costs around £15k.
(http://www.wales.ac.uk/en/Home.aspx)
When it comes to Uni of Wales MBA I really don't think it's worth of spending 15 grands. It's not AMBA recognized as well.
One of my friends study for the same program for less than £5k in some college. (Can't remember the name)
Irma

As far as I remember they have two MBA programs, one is awarded by University of East London, another by Grenoble Graduate School of Management (France).

The Grenoble MBA I think is triple accredited and ranked by FT as 85th or something, while that from Uni of East London is neither accredited nor ranked.

As far as I remember they have two MBA programs, one is awarded by University of East London, another by Grenoble Graduate School of Management (France).

The Grenoble MBA I think is triple accredited and ranked by FT as 85th or something, while that from Uni of East London is neither accredited nor ranked.
borism

the LSBF program awards an MBA from GGSM. i didn't see anything about wales there, but if there is something, it is not worth it - wales is one of thous programs that give their name to lots of schools around the globe, and this is not saying good things about them.

i am always skeptical about school giving degrees from other schools - does this say something about the quality of the program/school? i mean, GGSM is triple accredited, and maybe the program is designed there, but the LSBF is not accredited itself, which leads to the question - why?

maybe i am too suspicious......

the LSBF program awards an MBA from GGSM. i didn't see anything about wales there, but if there is something, it is not worth it - wales is one of thous programs that give their name to lots of schools around the globe, and this is not saying good things about them.

i am always skeptical about school giving degrees from other schools - does this say something about the quality of the program/school? i mean, GGSM is triple accredited, and maybe the program is designed there, but the LSBF is not accredited itself, which leads to the question - why?

maybe i am too suspicious......
garuka

Irma is right. Grenglobe is really good MBA.
but when LSBF say LSBF MBA its uni of Wales MBA for most of the time..which is not a good one.
Please double check with the uni about the course.

Irma is right. Grenglobe is really good MBA.
but when LSBF say LSBF MBA its uni of Wales MBA for most of the time..which is not a good one.
Please double check with the uni about the course.
garuka

well I just called to LSBF. :)
The only course which has a January start is university of Wales MBA, which is a crap course in my point of view.

Grenoble MBA start only on october and cost you over £20k.
But that course seems pretty decent with triple accreditation.
I have no idea about what you mean by LSBF is not accredited by itself.

well I just called to LSBF. :)
The only course which has a January start is university of Wales MBA, which is a crap course in my point of view.

Grenoble MBA start only on october and cost you over £20k.
But that course seems pretty decent with triple accreditation.
I have no idea about what you mean by LSBF is not accredited by itself.
borism

what i meant is that although they give a Grenoble MBA, which is a good school, with a triple accreditation and all, they are ot the Grenoble school themselves, but are only something like a subcontractor, which is allowed to use the name of a famous school and grant a degree with its name on it. how ever, i am not sure what it says about the quality of teaching in LSBF - i am sure that Grenoble don't just give their name to anybody(like wales does) but still, i am suspicious....

can anyone here explain how this things work? are accreditation given to programs or to schools?

what i meant is that although they give a Grenoble MBA, which is a good school, with a triple accreditation and all, they are ot the Grenoble school themselves, but are only something like a subcontractor, which is allowed to use the name of a famous school and grant a degree with its name on it. how ever, i am not sure what it says about the quality of teaching in LSBF - i am sure that Grenoble don't just give their name to anybody(like wales does) but still, i am suspicious....

can anyone here explain how this things work? are accreditation given to programs or to schools?

Hi all!
GGSB is accredited and LSBF is not. That is true. But if LSBF is not good college why did GGSB give them permission to provide students with their programme? Or GGSB is in the same place taken by University of Wales? I think the matter is in the time. LSBF is young and looking for the ways to grow up. LSBF also has an ACCA platinum and gold statuses which make it respectable.

Hi all!
GGSB is accredited and LSBF is not. That is true. But if LSBF is not good college why did GGSB give them permission to provide students with their programme? Or GGSB is in the same place taken by University of Wales? I think the matter is in the time. LSBF is young and looking for the ways to grow up. LSBF also has an ACCA platinum and gold statuses which make it respectable.
borism

so, whats is the difference between the MBAs(wales and GGSB), apart from the accreditation? did you compare the courses? the teachers?

this is an interesting case - a school that grants two different MBAs, both not his own, one from a very good school, and the other from a bad one......

this might have to do with the age of this school, but i would have thought that a school looking for good reputation would dump the wales program once they got GGSB.

so, whats is the difference between the MBAs(wales and GGSB), apart from the accreditation? did you compare the courses? the teachers?

this is an interesting case - a school that grants two different MBAs, both not his own, one from a very good school, and the other from a bad one......

this might have to do with the age of this school, but i would have thought that a school looking for good reputation would dump the wales program once they got GGSB.
dulsban

LSBF is listed in the GGSB website as being their London campus. If you enlist for the GGSB MBA then your course structure as well as lecturers ar different. The GGSB course of LSBF is advertised by GGSB as their "own" but offered in the LSBF campuses.
That raises the question as to why not apply to get into the GGSB campus itself. Well, the answer is that GGSB campus in France doesn't offer the MBA in Finance which London does. So, it all boils down to what you want to specialize in.
For my 2 cents worth, GGSB degree is well accepted and respected in the industry and in other related fraternity. If you are looking for GGSB degree in LSBF then you can consider it but if it is for the other degree that LSBF offers - forget it!

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Anirban

LSBF is listed in the GGSB website as being their London campus. If you enlist for the GGSB MBA then your course structure as well as lecturers ar different. The GGSB course of LSBF is advertised by GGSB as their "own" but offered in the LSBF campuses.
That raises the question as to why not apply to get into the GGSB campus itself. Well, the answer is that GGSB campus in France doesn't offer the MBA in Finance which London does. So, it all boils down to what you want to specialize in.
For my 2 cents worth, GGSB degree is well accepted and respected in the industry and in other related fraternity. If you are looking for GGSB degree in LSBF then you can consider it but if it is for the other degree that LSBF offers - forget it!

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Anirban
Russel

I have never seen any university "bad university" status awarded. So, here is place to say "not leading" university if you want to compare GGSB and Wales.

LSBF has excellent faculty with a huge practical experience especially in Finance. GGSB and Wales programmes are delivering by the same tutors.

LSBF is British university and it is also important to provide with British diplomas as well. So Wales helps them with it. As I know Wales programmes have been created by the LSBF itself.

I have never seen any university "bad university" status awarded. So, here is place to say "not leading" university if you want to compare GGSB and Wales.

LSBF has excellent faculty with a huge practical experience especially in Finance. GGSB and Wales programmes are delivering by the same tutors.

LSBF is British university and it is also important to provide with British diplomas as well. So Wales helps them with it. As I know Wales programmes have been created by the LSBF itself.
garuka

LSBF is not a uni. It's a college. There is a huge diffrence between those two.

LSBF is not a uni. It's a college. There is a huge diffrence between those two.
borism

you have a point about "bad university" - no such thing, or just a relative thing. what i meant is that wales university degrees are not as respected when you compare them to Grenoble. it may well be that the quality of teaching is as good as Grenoble, since you say it is taught by the same staff, but when you go for an MBA, you are also paying for the brand name and reputation. so i still say, one should definitetly choose Grenoble over wales.

you have a point about "bad university" - no such thing, or just a relative thing. what i meant is that wales university degrees are not as respected when you compare them to Grenoble. it may well be that the quality of teaching is as good as Grenoble, since you say it is taught by the same staff, but when you go for an MBA, you are also paying for the brand name and reputation. so i still say, one should definitetly choose Grenoble over wales.

Hi All, Am Roshan from India who's got an offer from LSBF for GGSB. Am almost set for 2010 but am still in a quandry as to what would be the difference be by doing a GGSB MBA from LSBF and GGSB from Grenoble???
Please help.

Hi All, Am Roshan from India who's got an offer from LSBF for GGSB. Am almost set for 2010 but am still in a quandry as to what would be the difference be by doing a GGSB MBA from LSBF and GGSB from Grenoble???
Please help.
garuka

GGSB from Grenoble for sure

GGSB from Grenoble for sure

Hello there,

can someone explain the difference between a college and an university to me?

Hello there,

garuka

Hello there,

Depends on the country you are in. Here in the UK, a university can award its own degrees and has a charter giving it various guarantees of independence. A college usually depends on a fully-fledged university validating its degrees, or may even be part of a university, as in Oxford or Cambridge colleges. Or a college may be little to do with degree-level education at all, such as a Further Education college.
Read:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_college_and_university

<blockquote>Hello there,

can someone explain the difference between a college and an university to me?</blockquote>

Depends on the country you are in. Here in the UK, a university can award its own degrees and has a charter giving it various guarantees of independence. A college usually depends on a fully-fledged university validating its degrees, or may even be part of a university, as in Oxford or Cambridge colleges. Or a college may be little to do with degree-level education at all, such as a Further Education college.
Read:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_college_and_university
ken

HI please help with advice. I would like to know if London school of business is actually accredited with ACCA and if the online MSc Finance is a good program. Also, I haven't found the school in a global rankings or accreditations list but it seems to be touted as okay by some standards please help.

HI please help with advice. I would like to know if London school of business is actually accredited with ACCA and if the online MSc Finance is a good program. Also, I haven't found the school in a global rankings or accreditations list but it seems to be touted as okay by some standards please help.
Jamil

This is really confusing!! is LSBF MBA a good programme or not?
Does anyone has an official reply to this? we do not just want personal judgments, i think what we need is a real answer to this question

thanking you in advance

This is really confusing!! is LSBF MBA a good programme or not?
Does anyone has an official reply to this? we do not just want personal judgments, i think what we need is a real answer to this question

thanking you in advance
Malia

The only "official" answer you can get are accreditations + rankings.

LSBF does not have any major accreditations (AACSB, Equis, Amba) and is not ranked in any major ranking (FT, Economist, Businessweek).

The only "official" answer you can get are accreditations + rankings.

LSBF does not have any major accreditations (AACSB, Equis, Amba) and is not ranked in any major ranking (FT, Economist, Businessweek).

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Oxford, United Kingdom 10 Followers 37 Discussions
Aberdeen, United Kingdom 42 Followers 87 Discussions
Egham, United Kingdom 7 Followers 35 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 9 Followers 35 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 17 Followers 34 Discussions
Liverpool, United Kingdom 22 Followers 101 Discussions
Grenoble Cedex 01, France 26 Followers 119 Discussions
London, United Kingdom 3 Followers 4 Discussions

Other Related Content

Pursuing Part of Your MBA in London

Article Mar 23, 2016

Several UK business schools are now offering courses in London, affording students all the advantages of studying in one of the world's financial capitals.

Hot Discussions