Job opportunities in UK after MBA in Marketing from UK

WitVKY

I am an Indian student who would like to study MBA (Marketing) from a UK University. I am not looking at the top end universities due to the high tuition fees. Some of the universities i have in mind are Bedfordshire Luton and Leeds Beckett. I want to know if an MBA in marketing from these universities or their equivalent will help me get a Job within UK or possibly Canada. How hard is to find a Job in UK after my course ?

I am an Indian student who would like to study MBA (Marketing) from a UK University. I am not looking at the top end universities due to the high tuition fees. Some of the universities i have in mind are Bedfordshire Luton and Leeds Beckett. I want to know if an MBA in marketing from these universities or their equivalent will help me get a Job within UK or possibly Canada. How hard is to find a Job in UK after my course ?
Duncan

I think it's very hard from these schools. Could you perhaps take a MSc in marketing at a much better school? That will have better careers services, and an MSc will be cheaper. Try Birmingham, Lancaster, Cranfield, Manchester, Edinburgh.....?

[Edited by Duncan on Dec 29, 2014]

I think it's very hard from these schools. Could you perhaps take a MSc in marketing at a much better school? That will have better careers services, and an MSc will be cheaper. Try Birmingham, Lancaster, Cranfield, Manchester, Edinburgh.....?
Razors Edg...

There's not really any school - with perhaps the exception of LBS - that would give you a ton of career leverage in both the UK and Canada. Pick one country and study there. Fortunately, there are some really great MBA programs in Canada that would be good for a career in marketing. Check out Schulich for instance, which tends to place 15 to 20 percent of grads each year in marketing roles. Rotman, too, which has MBA majors like brand management, which you could take advantage of.

There's not really any school - with perhaps the exception of LBS - that would give you a ton of career leverage in both the UK and Canada. Pick one country and study there. Fortunately, there are some really great MBA programs in Canada that would be good for a career in marketing. Check out Schulich for instance, which tends to place 15 to 20 percent of grads each year in marketing roles. Rotman, too, which has MBA majors like brand management, which you could take advantage of.
Duncan

The budget that this person has in the UK would rule out most Canadian options.

The budget that this person has in the UK would rule out most Canadian options.

Try Loughborough MBA with internship, they help the Indian students to find opportunities in the placement year.

Try Loughborough MBA with internship, they help the Indian students to find opportunities in the placement year.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
Manchester, United Kingdom 65 Followers 514 Discussions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom 35 Followers 267 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

Beyond London: MBA Programs in England