In a Dilemma

anoop1986

Hi ,

I am Anoop and I am a 27 year old Indian national with 4.5 years of experience in the IT sector.My GMAT score is 610 and I have admission offers from the following schools.I am in a dilemma as to which school should I choose.My MBA fee budget is GBP 20k-22k and I intend to build a career in IT Consulting or IT Project/Product Management after my MBA.

1) Lancaster-They have offered me a scholarship of GBP 5k hence I will be paying a fee of 21k gbp if i join.Good reputation for marketing and consistently ranked.Good outcomes for Indian students .Consultancy module with three parts.Heard that it is good for people looking for a continued growth in IT.Ranked 71 in FT MBA 2013 rankings and 80 in The Economist MBA rankings.

2) Strathclyde - Yet to apply for a scholarship.The scholarship on offer would be in the range of GBP 5k to 10k.
Without scholarship the fees would be around 25k GBP.
Strong reputation in Finance and Consulting.Located in Glasgow which is one of the Financial hubs of Europe.Ranked 87 in FT MBA 2013 rankings and 54 in The Economist MBA rankings.

3)Bradford- Low fees -17k GBP and a solid reputation. Applied for scholarship.Yet to apply for the 50th anniversary scholarship where eligible students only need to pay the deposit amount of GBP 2K..Good set of electives especially for IT and a well designed consultancy module.Cheap cost of Living in Bradford .Ranked 95 in FT MBA 2012 rankings .

Regards,
Anoop

Hi ,

I am Anoop and I am a 27 year old Indian national with 4.5 years of experience in the IT sector.My GMAT score is 610 and I have admission offers from the following schools.I am in a dilemma as to which school should I choose.My MBA fee budget is GBP 20k-22k and I intend to build a career in IT Consulting or IT Project/Product Management after my MBA.

1) Lancaster-They have offered me a scholarship of GBP 5k hence I will be paying a fee of 21k gbp if i join.Good reputation for marketing and consistently ranked.Good outcomes for Indian students .Consultancy module with three parts.Heard that it is good for people looking for a continued growth in IT.Ranked 71 in FT MBA 2013 rankings and 80 in The Economist MBA rankings.

2) Strathclyde - Yet to apply for a scholarship.The scholarship on offer would be in the range of GBP 5k to 10k.
Without scholarship the fees would be around 25k GBP.
Strong reputation in Finance and Consulting.Located in Glasgow which is one of the Financial hubs of Europe.Ranked 87 in FT MBA 2013 rankings and 54 in The Economist MBA rankings.

3)Bradford- Low fees -17k GBP and a solid reputation. Applied for scholarship.Yet to apply for the 50th anniversary scholarship where eligible students only need to pay the deposit amount of GBP 2K..Good set of electives especially for IT and a well designed consultancy module.Cheap cost of Living in Bradford .Ranked 95 in FT MBA 2012 rankings .

Regards,
Anoop
Duncan

Strathclyde seems to have the highest salaries and the highest employment. Glasgow is not really a financial hub: perhaps you are thinking of Edinburgh, the Scottish capital, which is one of the five major UK financial locations (the others are London, Reading, Birmingham and Manchester)?

Strathclyde seems to have the highest salaries and the highest employment. Glasgow is not really a financial hub: perhaps you are thinking of Edinburgh, the Scottish capital, which is one of the five major UK financial locations (the others are London, Reading, Birmingham and Manchester)?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Glasgow, United Kingdom 53 Followers 475 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
Bradford, United Kingdom 45 Followers 317 Discussions

Other Related Content

The Business of Tech: MBA Programs in Information Technology

Article Apr 23, 2012

How an MBA program with an IT focus can help tackle emerging needs