How is Nottingham university business school ?

Jasneet

Hi guyz ,

I am Jasneet from New delhi, and have 3.5 yrs of exp (IT)
I am looking for a 1 yr mba program..

I applied in 4 colleges in UK.

1. Durham business school -- got a rejection from thr .. stating that i am short on experience.

2. Leeds business school - again got rejection , reason the same as above.

3.Nottingham university business school - I got a conditional offer from there .. condition being IELTS >= 7.

4. Birmingham university business school -- Decision still awaited.

So guyz now my question is ...

How is nottingham University business school (NUBS) ?

Does anybody know about the education over thr .. the tie ups of the university with companies ? job placements ?

any alumni member from thr ?

Please share ur views/ opinions/ suggestions ..

I m confused whether i shall go thr or not ...

Thanks ...

Hi guyz ,

1. Durham business school -- got a rejection from thr .. stating that i am short on experience.

3.Nottingham university business school - I got a conditional offer from there .. condition being IELTS >= 7.

Does anybody know about the education over thr .. the tie ups of the university with companies ? job placements ?

Thanks ...

Jasneet

no replies yet ??

all sleeping ?

no replies yet ??

all sleeping ?
SabrinaA

yep...we all hibernate...

yep...we all hibernate...
abhi2912

@Jasneet
As you don't have an offer from LUBS, so I wud suggest you to go for NUBS(Nottingham). It is a v. good business school and well reputed in UK... It is AMBA accredited as well... Also, it is Ranked in FT TOP 100 Global MBA and EIU(Economist Intelligence Unit) and among TOP 10 Business Schools in UK IN RAE(Research Assessment Exercise) 2008... I suggest you to go through - RAE 2008 Ratings + TQA + The times publication UK + FT Rankings + EIU.... All the BEST!!! Thanks !!!

@Jasneet
As you don't have an offer from LUBS, so I wud suggest you to go for NUBS(Nottingham). It is a v. good business school and well reputed in UK... It is AMBA accredited as well... Also, it is Ranked in FT TOP 100 Global MBA and EIU(Economist Intelligence Unit) and among TOP 10 Business Schools in UK IN RAE(Research Assessment Exercise) 2008... I suggest you to go through - RAE 2008 Ratings + TQA + The times publication UK + FT Rankings + EIU.... All the BEST!!! Thanks !!!
Jasneet

Hey abhi ..

Thanx for that reply ...
Yes i've done some research n all ... n i m finding it a good B school ...
I have got an unconditional offer from thr now .. and i have accepted the same ... :)
I m all for it now ..

Hey abhi ..

Thanx for that reply ...
Yes i've done some research n all ... n i m finding it a good B school ...
I have got an unconditional offer from thr now .. and i have accepted the same ... :)
I m all for it now ..
indresh

Hi Jasneet,
I am also planing to join Nottingham. Do have any idea about placements offered ,salary packages,company came for recruitment etc at NUBS.R you joining General MBA or Finance MBA ?

Thanks.

Hi guyz ,

Thanks ...

Hi Jasneet,
I am also planing to join Nottingham. Do have any idea about placements offered ,salary packages,company came for recruitment etc at NUBS.R you joining General MBA or Finance MBA ?

Thanks.

<blockquote>Hi guyz ,

Thanks ...

</blockquote>
Jasneet

Hi Indresh,

Well jobs r difficult to find at this time .. but NUBS has a gud repo .. companies do visit the campus for to take students for summer internship.
I m going to do General MBA.
Whr do u stay ??

Hi Indresh,

Well jobs r difficult to find at this time .. but NUBS has a gud repo .. companies do visit the campus for to take students for summer internship.
Whr do u stay ??
indresh

Thanks Jasneet .

I am basically from India but current location is Kuwait

Hi Indresh,

Whr do u stay ??

Thanks Jasneet .

I am basically from India but current location is Kuwait
<blockquote>Hi Indresh,

Whr do u stay ??</blockquote>
Jasneet

Ok...
I have accepted the offer ... wat about u ?
So u'll be directly going from Kuwait ?

Ok...
I have accepted the offer ... wat about u ?
So u'll be directly going from Kuwait ?
indresh

Hi Jasneet,

I have a conditional offer. I have to submit 2 references & then pay the deposit.

I will be going from India.Where do u stay in India ?

Thanks

Hi Jasneet,

I have a conditional offer. I have to submit 2 references & then pay the deposit.

I will be going from India.Where do u stay in India ?

Thanks
ksrivast

Hi Jasneet and Indresh,

This is Kshitij from Chandigarh. I have got the conditional Letter from Nottingham Business School.
Though it has been conveyed through their Intranet Applicant portal and I am still awaiting for the official Letter.
So anyhow of you guys are availing scholorship?
When both of you planning to leave for the School?

Stay in Touch.

Kshitij Srivastava

Hi Jasneet and Indresh,

This is Kshitij from Chandigarh. I have got the conditional Letter from Nottingham Business School.
Though it has been conveyed through their Intranet Applicant portal and I am still awaiting for the official Letter.
So anyhow of you guys are availing scholorship?
When both of you planning to leave for the School?

Stay in Touch.

Kshitij Srivastava
indresh

Hi Kshitij,

Congtarzzz for the offer.
What is the condition of offer ?
Which other B Schools u applied for ?

Scholarships are almost over when I received the offer.
Still I have to submit reference for my conditional offer.
u have any idea about the placement records for NUBS.

keep in touch

tc

Hi Kshitij,

Congtarzzz for the offer.
What is the condition of offer ?
Which other B Schools u applied for ?

Scholarships are almost over when I received the offer.
Still I have to submit reference for my conditional offer.
u have any idea about the placement records for NUBS.

keep in touch

tc
ksrivast

Hi Indresh

Nice to hear from you.
Well I have applied in near about 10 Business Schools in UK (Lancaster, Bath, Bradford, strathclyde, Nottingham, Brunel, Durham, Leeds, Aston, Edinburgh). However my application has been rejected from Lancaster and Durham and Waiting for the Interview from Bradford. Still waiting for the reply from rest of the Universities.

As far as Placement is concerned, I am trying to track as much information as possible, However I have followed Financial Times official Website.

Hey can u please let me know your contact details. My e-mail ID is [email protected].

Hi Indresh

Nice to hear from you.
Well I have applied in near about 10 Business Schools in UK (Lancaster, Bath, Bradford, strathclyde, Nottingham, Brunel, Durham, Leeds, Aston, Edinburgh). However my application has been rejected from Lancaster and Durham and Waiting for the Interview from Bradford. Still waiting for the reply from rest of the Universities.

As far as Placement is concerned, I am trying to track as much information as possible, However I have followed Financial Times official Website.

Hey can u please let me know your contact details. My e-mail ID is [email protected].
Jasneet

Hi guyz

Nottingham university is a very reputed university in UK.
Although its a lil crunch time but the unversity has gud links with the companies. All in all an excellent B school, great faculty, gud city, gud campus, international exposure... wat all u need ? :)

Hi guyz

Nottingham university is a very reputed university in UK.
Although its a lil crunch time but the unversity has gud links with the companies. All in all an excellent B school, great faculty, gud city, gud campus, international exposure... wat all u need ? :)
indresh

Hi Jasneet,

Congratzz for taking add in NUBS.

Do you have any idea about previous years campus placements like companies came for recruitment,package offered,campus placement chances, industry- B School relations,recruitment events conducted by NUBS for MBA etc

Thanxx

Hi Jasneet,

Congratzz for taking add in NUBS.

Do you have any idea about previous years campus placements like companies came for recruitment,package offered,campus placement chances, industry- B School relations,recruitment events conducted by NUBS for MBA etc

Thanxx
hk_MBA

Dear Friends,
I also got offers from Leeds and Nottingham for September 2009 full time MBA programme. As the investment is big, 20 lakhs plus so I discussed with friends about career and job prospects. They say it's not very good. These universities do not provide placements. We have to search jobs in fairs. I tried to find placement statistics of UK B schools, but did not succeed. The quality of education is really good but I am worried about the return on investment. Suppose we have to return India after MBA, then how to repay the loans of 20 lakhs. The EMI will be quite large sum. Most of the students return to India after MBA.
Friends, what do you feel about the post MBA prospects and return on investment. Please guide and show some light.

Warm regards

Dear Friends,
I also got offers from Leeds and Nottingham for September 2009 full time MBA programme. As the investment is big, 20 lakhs plus so I discussed with friends about career and job prospects. They say it's not very good. These universities do not provide placements. We have to search jobs in fairs. I tried to find placement statistics of UK B schools, but did not succeed. The quality of education is really good but I am worried about the return on investment. Suppose we have to return India after MBA, then how to repay the loans of 20 lakhs. The EMI will be quite large sum. Most of the students return to India after MBA.
Friends, what do you feel about the post MBA prospects and return on investment. Please guide and show some light.

Warm regards
indresh

Dear HK,

These universities have placement cells but no. of placements provided is very less.I confirmed this with previous years students at Nottingham Most probably we have to search job ourselves.Leeds is better than Nottingham in almost all respects.
I agree with you that ROI is important factor but only some top UK B schools provide good placements.

As far as placements stat is concerned you can get those only by directly contacting university.

U take a rough idea at ft.com

Dear HK,

These universities have placement cells but no. of placements provided is very less.I confirmed this with previous years students at Nottingham Most probably we have to search job ourselves.Leeds is better than Nottingham in almost all respects.
I agree with you that ROI is important factor but only some top UK B schools provide good placements.

As far as placements stat is concerned you can get those only by directly contacting university.

U take a rough idea at ft.com

hk_MBA

Thanks Dear for honest views.

Did you decide about the university. Please share. Kindly provide more invaluable inputs.

My primary concern is big money investment, ROI, leave from job for one year, and return to India for job hunting. Please share your point of view.

Kind Regards

Thanks Dear for honest views.

Did you decide about the university. Please share. Kindly provide more invaluable inputs.

My primary concern is big money investment, ROI, leave from job for one year, and return to India for job hunting. Please share your point of view.

Kind Regards
hs

I just got a offer from nottingham... ittle aprehensive about accepting it as u say its huge investment.College is good but i know so many from last batch who are still looking for work.UK colleges do have employment cells but its not like campus placements in US or India.so ur kinda on ur own really.People do return to india and do get good payed jobs there but the loan amount little difficult to be payed off on indian salaries. Nottingham city is beautiful but we must not forget gun crimes there.
Thing is college does have a good reputation among local market here.Like aston and bradford isnt really recoginsed by people .but nottingham they do recognise the name.
Also to keep in mind is time taken to get job after uni.u need to keep that expenditure in mind.UK cost of living is really high.with bad market temporary student jobs are not so readily available. well these are my concerns so am thinking aloud. And also for future jobs its high likely to be based on ur current field.if ur looking for a change then im not sure .

I just got a offer from nottingham... ittle aprehensive about accepting it as u say its huge investment.College is good but i know so many from last batch who are still looking for work.UK colleges do have employment cells but its not like campus placements in US or India.so ur kinda on ur own really.People do return to india and do get good payed jobs there but the loan amount little difficult to be payed off on indian salaries. Nottingham city is beautiful but we must not forget gun crimes there.
Thing is college does have a good reputation among local market here.Like aston and bradford isnt really recoginsed by people .but nottingham they do recognise the name.
Also to keep in mind is time taken to get job after uni.u need to keep that expenditure in mind.UK cost of living is really high.with bad market temporary student jobs are not so readily available. well these are my concerns so am thinking aloud. And also for future jobs its high likely to be based on ur current field.if ur looking for a change then im not sure .
hk_MBA

Dear,

Thank you very much for honest views. We appreciate your great research and analysis.

Did you decide any school? We are all concerned about the return. After all, we do not want to go for one year expensive outing with uncertain future.

The money spent will be around 20-25 lakhs for single person.
Can any body give insights about the return and post MBA jobs? We feel that UK scene is not very good. We have to return to India.

If we have to go back to same jobs in India after MBA, of course with international MBA exposure, then how to pay back the heavy loans. We feel that it will be big risk to put all our savings for one year MBA without assessing the prospects.

Please put your views.

Regards

Dear,

Thank you very much for honest views. We appreciate your great research and analysis.

Did you decide any school? We are all concerned about the return. After all, we do not want to go for one year expensive outing with uncertain future.

The money spent will be around 20-25 lakhs for single person.
Can any body give insights about the return and post MBA jobs? We feel that UK scene is not very good. We have to return to India.

If we have to go back to same jobs in India after MBA, of course with international MBA exposure, then how to pay back the heavy loans. We feel that it will be big risk to put all our savings for one year MBA without assessing the prospects.

Please put your views.

Regards

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 283 Discussions
Reading, United Kingdom 21 Followers 207 Discussions
Lancaster, United Kingdom 26 Followers 335 Discussions
Birmingham, United Kingdom 35 Followers 338 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 10 Followers 38 Discussions
Durham, United Kingdom 74 Followers 400 Discussions
Leeds, United Kingdom 18 Followers 164 Discussions
Nottingham, United Kingdom 27 Followers 180 Discussions