Heriot-Watt University MBA from West London College, UK

nilaish

Please guide me through my profile presented here for Heriot-Watt Uni. MBA program.

-Final Year B.Com student from India (Hoping to score First Class).
-No work exp. (In India we do not have relevant work opportunities for B.Com gradautes and also the entry levels are not satisfying. Salary Package is less than INR 10,000 per month).
-IELTS score is 6.5.
-With a budget of INR 11-12 Lacks including Fees, living expanses. (in India fee for MBA is above INR 20 Lacks at good Universities)
-Want to study in London.

After a good research I had Applied for this college and I have recieved conditional offer letter from:

West London College (Estd. 1977). Wikipedia article details about this college, please view the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_london_college .

This college fits my budget and What I want to ask is:

After completing my degree (MBA), I will like to further my career by working for two years in UK and want to come back India. They have also mentioned that after completion of the degree I will be awarded MBA and Member of Chartered Management Inst. (MCMI), what is this designation's worth?

Is it a wise bet????

Please guide me through my profile presented here for Heriot-Watt Uni. MBA program.

-Final Year B.Com student from India (Hoping to score First Class).
-No work exp. (In India we do not have relevant work opportunities for B.Com gradautes and also the entry levels are not satisfying. Salary Package is less than INR 10,000 per month).
-IELTS score is 6.5.
-With a budget of INR 11-12 Lacks including Fees, living expanses. (in India fee for MBA is above INR 20 Lacks at good Universities)
-Want to study in London.

After a good research I had Applied for this college and I have recieved conditional offer letter from:

West London College (Estd. 1977). Wikipedia article details about this college, please view the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_london_college .

This college fits my budget and What I want to ask is:

After completing my degree (MBA), I will like to further my career by working for two years in UK and want to come back India. They have also mentioned that after completion of the degree I will be awarded MBA and Member of Chartered Management Inst. (MCMI), what is this designation's worth?

Is it a wise bet????
nilaish

Please help me...If anybody is there...

Please help me...If anybody is there...
susee

I think the biggest advantage you got is ............LONDON city....other than that I dont see anything..........May have to work a lot to find a job after graduation........but you will succeed in one fine day........just becoz london city..........

I think the biggest advantage you got is ............LONDON city....other than that I dont see anything..........May have to work a lot to find a job after graduation........but you will succeed in one fine day........just becoz london city..........

nilaish

thanks susee... I have one more option, please compare the above and the current option:

TASMAC, Bangalore.
MBA-Finance, Degree is awarded by: University of Wales, UK.
Course fee: INR 3,50,000. + 5 months living expanses in London.
They also place graduates students in Bangalore, India.
Degree structure:
-one year in Bangalore, India.
-5 Months in London (TASMAC).
Degree will be awarded by the University of Wales at Cardiff in the annual convocation.

Please compare the above two programs, and please post your views accordingly.

thanks susee... I have one more option, please compare the above and the current option:

TASMAC, Bangalore.
MBA-Finance, Degree is awarded by: University of Wales, UK.
Course fee: INR 3,50,000. + 5 months living expanses in London.
They also place graduates students in Bangalore, India.
Degree structure:
-one year in Bangalore, India.
-5 Months in London (TASMAC).
Degree will be awarded by the University of Wales at Cardiff in the annual convocation.

Please compare the above two programs, and please post your views accordingly.
susee

I think you are using mere" the brand UK "for getting a job....The quality of the program will be a question mark......No idea on these univ.......

You could read in other forums........How people show dedication towards their course......Trying to find the best........

I think you are using mere" the brand UK "for getting a job....The quality of the program will be a question mark......No idea on these univ.......

You could read in other forums........How people show dedication towards their course......Trying to find the best........

JanelyJ

I think that it?s definitely a good thing to go for. You will have a British university degree, which is worth a lot in India (I know a lot of people who have taken student loans and done Masters in London and then gone back). Working in London afterwards is great. You will have the visa problem though. However, you could try to get work whilst you are still studying, as you will be eligible for a student visa then and then hope that they will take you on after that.

Anyway, in any case go for it, it will be amazing! I heard from my Indian friends that studying & working in London is an awesome experience.

I think that it?s definitely a good thing to go for. You will have a British university degree, which is worth a lot in India (I know a lot of people who have taken student loans and done Masters in London and then gone back). Working in London afterwards is great. You will have the visa problem though. However, you could try to get work whilst you are still studying, as you will be eligible for a student visa then and then hope that they will take you on after that.

Anyway, in any case go for it, it will be amazing! I heard from my Indian friends that studying & working in London is an awesome experience.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Edinburgh, United Kingdom 26 Followers 71 Discussions

Other Related Content

Pursuing Part of Your MBA in London

Article Mar 23, 2016

Several UK business schools are now offering courses in London, affording students all the advantages of studying in one of the world's financial capitals.